Star Wars fans, help a bruffa out!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Star Wars fans, help a bruffa out!

Post by DrSpengler »

Okay, here's the deal...

For the upcomign September 21st release of the Star Wars tirlogy, Suncoast Video is having a competition. We get to decorate our store in a Star Wars theme. We can go all out and do whatever the Hell we want. Whoever has the best decorated store gets $100 bucks for a staff party and a trip to some Star Wars convention where they'll be premeiring Revenge of the Sith or something.

We have $30 to spend of decorations. The rest comes from our personal collections. Problem is, our stuff is really random. We all have TONS of it, but it's all just random sh*t like comics, action figures, books, posters, whatever.

So any cool ideas from any of you?

Megan, the Manager, had this idea to hang these black posters from the ceiling, each with a portion of the "Long Time Ago" bit from Episode IV. So as you walk deeper into the store the backstory thing progresses, like in the movie.

Also, one of our employees, Ben, is going to come to work in full Storm Trooper gear to attract attention, handing out flyers and crap. The rest of us are going to try and wear the Jedi robes and crap.

So, any cool ideas? Just something clever, like Megan's idea. We have the resources, we're all just stupid.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

oh damn, had you caught me in a decorating mood (oh wait, i don't get such moods) i could think of something, or a star wars mood perhaps

whoa, i just rearranged the whole damn post :eek:
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I don't really have much Star Wars crap accept for my double light saber. I say you guys should definetly bring those, and possibly a stand up or 2 if they are available. I used to have Maul and Obi Wan but they got wet from a floor leak.

Edit: OOHH blue and red christmas lights are a must. And maybe you can turn down the florescents in the store.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

A Jar-Jar head on a spear . . .

Darth Vader with a "Goth Boy" sign . . .

Play the part of Ep 2, where Anakin's hitting on the Queen . . . on continuous loop . . .

And a big banner that says "What have you done, Mr Lucas?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I kinda like Megan's idea. I think it would also be a good idea to set up several TV's or computers and hold a Battlefront tournament, as that game comes out the same day, and it's a perfect opportunity to get people to buy both the game and the DVD's.

Random Star Wars trivia with the customers would also be a good idea. Like, you ask a question to a customer, and if they get it right, they get some free candy or a free movie rental or something.

Costuming might be a little overkill, but if there's a local chapter of the 501st, you should try to contact them and get them to be involved somehow.

You can probably also hold a scavenger hunt with the random stuff that you have, but I'm not too sure if Megan would go for that. It would probably be a good idea later on when there's less likely to be a crowd, though, if you really wanna go with it.
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Bombshell
I think it would also be a good idea to set up several TV's or computers and hold a Battlefront tournament, as that game comes out the same day, and it's a perfect opportunity to get people to buy both the game and the DVD's.

Suncoast does not sell video games.
Originally posted by Bombshell
Random Star Wars trivia with the customers would also be a good idea. Like, you ask a question to a customer, and if they get it right, they get some free candy or a free movie rental or something.

Also they do not offer a video rental service.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Suncoast does not sell video games.

Also they do not offer a video rental service.

Oh. Forget what I said, then.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Have drinks called "Dagobah Swamp Water" and others. Its on a site somewhere but I lost it ages ago.

If you have some Star Wars ships (like me) you could also hang them from the ceiling (like me). Hell Jango's even up there.

Get a dartboard and put George Lucas' head on it. "Friendly" game of darts eh?

Also you could also have an alternate to Megan's idea even though I think its a great idea.

"A short time ago... in this galaxy... George Lucas ruined Star wars.... now get the originals AGAIN (Mislead them to get the "orininals" ;)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Make the store look either like the inside of a ship, or deep space.

Space would be easier. Get tons of those little white Christmas lights, and hang them everywhere. Also, do as DrEvil suggested and hang ships from the ceiling.

Make planets too, and hang those up. This can easily be done with some oasis... Erm, don't know what everyone else calls it. Porous green stuff that you use to put dried flowers in. You can get quite large spherical ones. Then get a few cans of different coloured spray paint, and spray 'em.

Nebulas made from sprayed cotton wool are fairly cool too, and can be done cheaply.

-Ss
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

On a tangent, but anyone else notice that the only actor from the movies on the audio commentary is Carrie Fisher?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
On a tangent, but anyone else notice that the only actor from the movies on the audio commentary is Carrie Fisher?

Probably because she needs the work.

Harrison Ford is probably "too good" for Star Wars at this point, and I'm not so sure about Mark Hamill. One moment he acts like he wants to put Star Wars behind him, the next he's doing something like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back or that epiosde of Third Rock From the Sun where he's cashing in on his Star Wars fame.

Maybe he didn't have the time? He is a busy voice actor...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Maybe he didn't have the time? He is a busy voice actor...

Probably.
Dead Pool
Protoform

Post by Dead Pool »

You should just have Bombshell go there. I'm pretty sure no one's got him beat in overall Star Wars fanboy-ness.

It might even attract Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and some free publicity on the Conan show.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Dead Pool
You should just have Bombshell go there. I'm pretty sure no one's got him beat in overall Star Wars fanboy-ness.

Thanks for the compliment, but I've got prior commitments that day, not to mention for the rest of the week.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Dead Pool

LOL

Mebbe, mebbe not.

Decorate the place like Jabbas Palace. Or like the inside of a Star Destroyer. Keep the Jedi robes, and make some blue Kool-Aid to offer you customers.

:-)

Decorate the trash cans to look like R2-D2.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Kup1

Decorate the trash cans to look like R2-D2.
wouldn't that offend any hardcore fans that happen by?
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Kup1

Decorate the place like Jabbas Palace

And Spengs should wear a tube top and dance around while chained to the counter.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

And Spengs should wear a tube top and dance around while chained to the counter.

Holy.........

Crap!

:laugh: :laugh:
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

either that or hey stea...borrow some Mannequin's fro, the closest clotheing store...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Bah. I call that "Wednesday".