[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: A Night on the Town (Ramjet & co.)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

"I'm a little tied up Ramjet."

Cyclonus jumped into the sky, avoiding most of the liquid nitrogen although some still caught him on his legs causing him to fall onto his knees.

I shall not bow to an Autobot! Never!

He raised his arm and fired his oxidation laser at Ironhide
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

“Tied up or not,” Ramjet shouted into his comm, “get outta here now, Cyclonus, or you’re gonna be on your own!”

The battered conehead transformed, fired a pair of cluster bombs at Prime, then followed Banzai-Tron up into the sky. He assumed StarBlade would have the brains to follow him.

Whirl shook his head weakly and wheezed, “No. I’ll be fine, Sixswitch.” He tried to clamp a claw on Six’s shoulder as a sign of reassurance, but found that his arm wouldn’t properly respond to his commands.

“Well, maybe not fine, but I’ll live. For a while.”
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -staggers as the oxidizing burst catches him full in the chest, the beam partially diffused by his windshield, retracts nitrogen sprayer, deploys glue sprayer, sprays glue at Cyclonus-
Soundwave online
Protoform

Post by Soundwave online »

As Sixshot Charges he dives in Chromedomes direction heading straight into the pole it collides with his upper torso knocking him to the floor. Winded he slowly pulls himself up his optics regaining their focus to see Chromedome standing over him with the pole acting quickly he pulls his blaster from its holster and fires towards chromedomes lower torso.
"Soundwave superior Constructocons inferior" - Soundwave

"Hey nobody calls Soundwave unchrazamatic" - Rumble
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

*Copied across from the Autobot thread*

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Just before the door to Roadbuster's quarters slid shut Springer heard an update on the information he'd been reading and immediately feared the worst. He quickly turned and ran back to the room literally bursting through the door to check on the status reports.

"Springer...status...online"
"Roadbuster...status...online"
"Whirl...status...situation critical"
"Topspin...status...offline"
"TwinTwist...status...offline"

"DAMNIT!" Springer yelled at the top of his voice and opened a comm link immediately.

"Whirl, this is Springer, report your location and current situation"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch grimmaced.
"Like hell," Sixswitch told the fallen Wrecker. "And you're in no shape to argue either," he finished succinctly.

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw noone approaching.
good, he thought. That's the last thing I need,

He clenched a fist in frustration. He was no medic. How the hell could he start to stabilise Whirl. He felt useless and helpless. So he waited, doing the only thing he could - standing guard over the fallen Autobot.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Optimus took no time to ensure banzai-tron kept his word... and at this point, Starblade was insignificant. taking off down the main drag again, he ran down three blocks, then hung a hard right, and spied the downed whirl and quickswitch...

turning to face away from them, he transformed into semi-mode and backed up to them, opening the trailer into battle station mode. separating from the platform, prime again transformed, and scooted around to the downed Whirl. Nodding to sixswitch, he leaned down, set to lift whirl by his upper body, waiting for sixswitch to grab him by the legs. The battle station held more than enough equipment to get Whirl stabilized, if not at least partially repaired.

"Just hold on, Whirl..." he muttered

As he waited, he opened his comm.." Ironhide, Chromedome! I need a status report!"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus began to activate his working thruster.

"Another time perhaps..."

Cyclonus shooted up into the air, most of the glue burning up due to the heat and then he transformed and followed the others.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade watched as Prime dodged the shots fired by Ramjet, then leapt at her. The shots he fired were almost point blank, but because the assassin was thinking of self-preservation, her agility programming kicked in, and she jumped out of the way just in time. Damn, that was too close!

Then, with Prime's attention elsewhere, and hearing Ramjet's orders of pull out, StarBlade noticed that the conehead had transformed and taken off. Right now, her damaged side was preventing her from transforming, so she just took off in robot mode. Once airborne, StarBlade opened a comlink to Ramjet.

"Hey Ramjet, I'm gonna be a bit slow to catch up. My internal repair systems are running slower than usual, and that hole in my side ain't helping any. I should be able to transform in about ten minutes, give or take a few."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -retracts glue sprayer, deploys hand, pulls gun, fires at Cyclonus-

Chromedome: -dodges the shot, twirling the staff, swings it sharply down towards Sixshot's blaster-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl’s spirits rose a bit as the Wrecker leader’s voice filtered through his comm. He whispered hoarsely, “Springer, I’m...in an airport that the ‘Cons tried to blow up. They...they did a number on me. But Six is with me, I’ll be fine. The ‘Cons are high-tailing it, anyway. Good to hear you functional again, chief.”

He glared at Sixswitch, a look that suggested that it would be very unwise for the hex-changer to contradict him.

Whirl noted the arrival of his leader. He managed to weakly clamp one of his claws on Prime’s wrist, dragged himself to his feet, then hobbled into the repair deck under his own power.

Then the Wrecker collapsed back into unconsciousness, crumpling into a heap on the combat deck.

Ramjet toggled his comlink. “Just don’t shoot anythin’, StarBlade. The ‘Bots ain’t gonna shoot you down if they know you’re retreatin’.”
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime's repair drone set to work, starting a feed of pure energon into Whirl's systems, taken from the trailer's reserves for such situations. Prime stooped down, giving a general examination of Whirl's body. armor was severely damaged, core systems were on the edge... despite his capabilities as a decent tech, there wasn't much he alone could do for Whirl.

"Sixswitch... stay with him. I'm going to close up the trailer, and we're going to get ironhide and chromedome... and head for the shuttle."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch nodded at Prime, while pointedly ignoring Whirl's glare.

"Sure thing," he said as he positioned himself near the doors to the trailer, before transforming into his heavy tank mode. Swiftly, his turret was swivelling from side to side, seeking out any potential enemies.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl continued to lie unconscious, though his self-repair systems were still struggling to keep his systems from collapsing into permanent shutdown. If not for the Energon feed pumped in by Prime’s trailer, they would have had no chance of success; with the feed, though, they were just barely managing to keep the Wrecker alive.
Soundwave online
Protoform

Sixshot backflips out of the way of chromedomes attack puts his blaster away and quickly grabs a different post snapping it off like before. "Right now this is more like it we are now on even ground".

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Chromedome: -winces slightly, status indicator on his HUD indicating fuel loss and myomer damage from the spear hit he's already taken- "Then let's do this!" -rushes forward, swinging spear at Sixshot's head-
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus got hit a few times but he thrusted on painfully. He knew that if he crashed again he would be permanent slag.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ramjet continued to fly away, hampered by the myraid of damage inflicted on him by Prime. He noted Cyclonus gaining altitude and moved to flank the Decepticon.

"Need a wingman, Cyc?"
Soundwave online
Protoform

"At last honourable combat i have waited for so long" Sixshot managed to avoid Chromedomes hit as he swung for a larger target....chromedomes torso.

DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus dodged some more fire.

"Indeed Ramjet" Cyclonus struggled to say before beginning to exit the battlezone.