[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: A Night on the Town (Ramjet & co.)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

The Edge of the Abyss: A Night on the Town (Ramjet & co.)

Post by Warcry »

Background

Ramjet, StarBlade, Banzai-Tron and Cyclonus head to America in order to pick a fight with the Autobots.

IC:

Ramjet couldn't help but laugh. "Cut up, smashed, burned, whatever. I just like 'em dead!"

He grew a bit more serious as the coastline of North America grew closer and closer.

"Power up your weapons and get ready to have some fun!"

Matching deeds to words, he began to charge up his laser rifles.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus began to charge up all of his weapons and also accelerate his speed.

"Excellent. It shall be a glorious battle"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade, humming a tune she heard during her time on this rock, started charging her weapons. As she did, she the assassin set her internal logs to keep a record of every 'Bot she damaged or killed, just for personal records.

"Hey, Ramjet? How many 'Bots you think we'll run in to?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ramjet barrel-rolled just for the hell of it. It had been a while since he'd flown anywhere, after all.

"Four or five, I hope. 'Nuff that they'll make a fight out of it, anyway."

As he passed the coastline and began to fly over solid ground again, Ramjet straightened out and headed towards the nearest city. Honing in on the city's large airport, he began to circle and search for targets.

"Start blastin'," he said. "The 'Bots'll show up in no time."

He loosed a dual blast from his laser cannons and a fuel tanker disappeared in a blaze.

Humans looked up in shock at the blast, then began scattering for cover. Within moments, news helicopters began to lift off and begin filming.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus transformed into his robot mode.
His optics focused on the news helicopters and smiled with a slight satisfaction. His large head peered into one and to one of the cameras.

"Indeed death does come to those who ... heh ... wait for it"

He then began firing his oxidising laser at the helicopers and people inside them.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

A fair way behind the others banzai-tron saw Ramjet and Cyclonus attacking the humans

at least i will not have to bother with that, let them handle the fleshlings all i care about is taking appart some Autobots.... hopefully that Headmaster shows up again so we can finish things
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Several helicopters fell from the sky as Cyclonus’ blasts hit them, their metallic parts oxidizing to nothingness.

Off towards the west, another helicopter was approaching. But this one was different. Militaristic in design, it was light blue with several black weapons pods hanging off. Ramjet paid the newcomer no heed, instead concentrating on sowing more random destruction.

The helicopter, however, was paying the Decepticons a significant amount of heed. He opened a com channel and transmitted back towards the Rocky Mountains.

“Autobase, this is Whirl. I’ve sighted a small group of Decepticons. They’re attacking humans and I’m going to need backup to stop them. Prime, Magnus, Prowl, one of you acknowledge.”
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus grinned at the oxidised helicioters.

"This is fun! Indeed I should come along more often"

Cyclonus landed onto the ground below with a rumble. He began walking, hoping to stamp a few humans in the process, and shooting at some of the many buildings and helicopters around him. He had not yet seen the other helicopter.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl noticed that Cyclonus had set down and was blasting holes in nearby copters and buildings.

Gotta stop him before he does any more damage. A few properly-aimed blasts from that oxidizing gun would cause be enough to collapse these human structures. Especially those air-traffic control towers.

The blue helicopter continued to close with Cyclonus, hoping to unleash his insane battle tactics from point-blank range.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

(Before I post, please forgive my absense. I've had a rough few days, and am just now recovering from it.)

Once given permission to open fire, the assassin gave a rather insane-sounding cackle and started firing at anything she deemed a target; like buildings, cars, trucks, people. StarBlade's simple lasers did enough damage without special tricks like Cyclonus' oxidizer.

Hearing the other jet's comments, she laughed some more. "Wish someone'd thought of this a while ago!"

Still in jet mode, StarBlade pulled off a rather dangerous spin in mid-dive that brought her into position to transform into her robot mode and land facing her current target-a very large building that seemed important to the little fleshlings.

Once landed and in robot mode, the assassin aimed her twin lasers at the building and just started blasting with reckless abandon.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus was to absorbed in his work to notice Whirl

"Har! Lets see how can we get some attention and cause the biggest amount of life possible."

Cyclonus aimed his oxidiser at a building but he didn't shoot instead he moved it around seeing which could cause the most damage. His optics honed into the position of the Air Traffic Control Towers.

"If this doesn't get some Autobot intention... nothing will."

He smiled sickly before firing a few shots towards the lower half of a tower.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Banzai-Tron by this time was just leaning on a building, he was here to fight Autobots not break things that couldn't fight back.

Watching the scene Banzai-Tron noticed Whirl ( though he didnt know his name )

Ahh an autobot, still only one, no challenge for four of us, I'll wait to see what reinforcements he will bring
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The traffic control tower tilted ponderously to one side.

That maniac!

"So you want some attention, eh?" Whirl tipped his front end down, diving straight towards Cyclonus. He fired spreads of incendiary shells and photon beams in the Decepticon's direction, trying to frighten him more than do actual damage.

Whirl was unaware that Banzai-Tron had sighted him.

Ramjet watched StarBlade's work as she blasted holes in a building.

"Good shootin'!" The seeker sent his lasers into subspace, and his cluster bomb launchers took their place. "But watch this!"

He fired off two rounds into a small departure terminal, blowing the roof off of it and sending burning shrapnel flying in all directions. "Not as deadly against 'Bots, but it makes one hell of a mess!"

The conehead was so absorbed with his bragging that he didn't notice Whirl's attack on Cyclonus.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

One of the shells connected with Cyclonus' right wing and blew out his concentration from his next shot. He turned round to see a frenzy of fire coming at him and with a very loud yell he shouted, "Autobots!"

He began running forward, shooting his lasers and his oxidiser trying to avoid most of the fire.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl took several laser hits, and searing pain blossomed in his underside. That didn't stop his antics, however. He continued his dive for several more seconds. Then, when it appeared inevitable that he'd plow into the pavement, he went through a series of insane twists and turns that ended with him flying virtually sideways, less than a handspan off the ground, still firing at Cyclonus.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Cyclonus tried to dodge the fire but he himself got hit more times than he thought he would. He continued firing more shots at Whirl before transforming into his jet mode.

"You want a fight Autobot. Then you'll fight for the humans' lives!"

Cyclonus turned around and sped as fast as he could for the traffic control towers trying to avoid most of the fire.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I was really hoping he wouldn't do that...

Whirl simply couldn't keep up with Cyclonus as the purple jet lanced away. He stopped firing, not willing to accidentally kill humans with stray shots. Instead he ramped his vocorder up to full volume and screamed, "COWARD!"

He only hoped the insult would provoke Cyclonus enough that he would forget about the humans and turn back.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Slowly, Cyclonus stopped.

Coward? Does this Autobot really desire a challenge? Does he really wish to be destryoed?

He turned ever so slightly to face Whirl, whose insult worked.

"Now then Autobot. Say that a little louder so that I may hear you scream"

He began accelerating forward with his lasers firing toward Whirl.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl took several head-on blasts from Cyclonus and began weaving ponderously in the air.

Slag! He nicked one of my engines!

Firing a burst of incendiary shells at the Decepticon jet, Whirl transformed in the air. He dropped to the ground, rolled, and came up in a defensive crouch. He started to power up his null ray module.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Watching Cyclonus, Banzai-Tron had to admitt that while definatly unstable, the warrior was definatly skilled