[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Decepticons

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metrotitan

Having finished repairing Ramjet's major damage, Hook began to work on the more cosmetic details.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Banzai-Tron lifted a scabbard from a hide-hole in his quarters and strapped it to his back.

sliding the sword into its new home, he headed out.... he had Autobots to kill

Scalpel finished up on Cyclonus
" Alright, who is next?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor smiled as the data disk from the computer popped into his waiting hand. After running several simulations against the target based on knowledge from Metrotitan's computer, he had decided on a strategy. The difficulty lay in picking the troops for the job. He'd need a combination of speed and firepower from the small group he picked to join the first wave.

It was a risky plan, but it would pay off, simply because on paper, the attack path looked impossible. But it wasn't. Two milion years of experience had taught him what he could do, and perhaps with some modifications to chasis, others could do it too.

He activated his comm unit.
"Windrazor to Gigatron. I have an attack plan for your perusal."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tempest walked out of the Predacon's area with Razorclaw at his side, and the Predacon's behind him. Both Tempest and Razorclaw talked in a low frequency voices, not even the Predacons could here what they were talking about. In the middle of a conversation, Razorclaw stopped and looked at Tempest. The rest of the Predacons knew Tempest just said something huge, becasue nothing took Razorclaw off his feet.

Razorclaw caught up with Tempest as they continued to match to Ratbat's office. Both of them kept quiet for the rest of the way.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Training Room

Nightracer sighed as she closed the computer panel. In theory, the computer that controlled the shooting range should work now. True, Nightracer's repair job was only temperary, but it should work until the metrodrones where up and running again.

Of course in theory everything works, Nightracer thought sarcastically as she turned on the machine.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek started to work around the lab, finding other projects to use up his spare time.
Reflector

Gigatron's Lair

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Oh my word, sorry guys. Big test yesterday.)

Gigatron nodded softly to Ratbat.

"We wouldn't want to walk blindly into unknown territory. Send our most proficient scouts - if the Autobots detect them, I'll have their heads."

With an absent wave to Ratbat, Gigatron tapped the obtrusive button on his desk to respond to the incoming call.

"Very good, Windrazor. Come to my war room that we may discuss it."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor walked up to Gigatron's door, and keyed it open, stepping swiftly inside. He walked over to the Decepticon Commander's desk, and stopped smartly behind it.

"Gigatron. My plan."

He laid a data disk on the desk.

"In order to keep our casualties down, it will be necessary to come in low. That way, Fortress Maximus's Anti Aircraft weaponry will not be able to get a lock. At least, if the schematics in Metrotitan's computer are accurate."

He paused, inserting the disk into a console on the desk, and bringing up a display.

"As you can see, the wind currents among the towers of Fortress Maximus are very unpredictable. Also, during this time, the attackers would be very vulnerable to ground based fire. That is, fire from troops shooting from the ground, who can respond quicker than the city's guns."

The display flickered to show a flight of aircraft sweeping in, fire from the AA guns shooting above them, but fire from the ground exploding all around.

"That is why I propose two waves of attackers. The first wave will comprise of the most skilled fliers, myself included. Our aim will be to take out the Anti Aircraft weaponry. Once this is complete, the second wave can join us, we can pull up out of range of ground based weapons, and begin strafing runs on the city. I doubt we'll be powerful enough to do any severe or long lasting damage, but it will look impressive to say the least."

Windrazor ejected his disk, and caught it smartly.

"Any questions?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Gigatron's Lair

"As you command, My Lord." Ratbat fluttered out of the door, nodding vaguely to Windrazor as he left.

As he entered the hall, the cassetticon activated his comm unit.

"Scrapper, Cryotek, Nightracer, Banzai-Tron, Ransack, Carnivac and any Decepticons with scouting ability, meet me on the command deck immediately. Ratbat out."

Medbay, Metrotitan

Hook finished patching together the last of Ramjet's damage.

He looked to Scalple. "Looks like we're done."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Predacons and Tempest walked down the corridors until they were at Ratbat's office, they knocked and waited.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I'm releasing the Terrorcons and G2 Ransack, though I'll retain control of the latter for the upcoming scout mission if no one claims him. If anyone is interested in him, let me know)

Medbay, Metrotitan

It had been a long time. For what seemed like years, he had waited. The damage had been severe, and even with the aid of the CR chamber it had taken a great deal of time to heal.

Of course, he usually would have ignored such needs, since his Pretender shell could do everything these chambers could. But when his shell was damaged too...things got complicated.

But that was over. The long, restful sleep was over, and it was time to get back to work.

The doors to two CR chambers slid open. A small, red-and-orange robot strode from one, a larger, humanoid squid creature from the other. The squid-man split down the midline, allowing the robot to step between his halves before shutting again.

Octopunch flexed his tentacles, then nodded in satisfaction. He walked out of the CR storage room, glowered at the Decepticons in the main chamber of the Medbay, then strode out into the hall without saying a word.

Corridors, Metrotitan

As Ratbat fluttered down the hall, he noted the group outside his office door.

"Ah, Razorclaw. I take it this is your friend Tempest?" He gestured vaguely with a wing. "Walk with me."

He continued on towards the Command Deck.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Training Room

Nightracer shut off the shooting range computer and left the training room. She started heading towards the command deck as fast as she could without running.

Outside Metrotitan

Carnivac really wished that the higher ups would make up their minds, but started heading back towards Metrotitan anyway. The pretender knew that the 'Cons he was suppose to be "training" with, had received the same message. Plus at the moment the "training" was more like waiting for Thrust.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Banzai-tron headed out of his quarters towards his meeting with ratbat.

Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek recieved Ratbat's message.

Excellent something to do. he smiled and transformed into dragon mode and took off to meet Ratbat.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metrotitan

Hook glared at Octopunch, who had wandered by without saying so much as a 'hello'. He turned to Scalple.

"Some mechs have no courtesy..." He shook his head. "So, do you have any interrogations on the menu today?"

Ramjet's optics widened slightly at the mention of interrogation. He glanced at Cyclonus and StarBlade. "I think that's our cue to exit. Let the freaky sawgirders talk 'mongst themselves."

He headed for the exit.

Corridors, Metrotitan

Octopunch walked the halls, glaring maliciously at any Decepticon he saw. However, when there was no one around he couldn't hide a slight grin; being active once more was very agreeable. He would have sunk his trident into a random Metrodrone for the sheer hell of it, had any of them been evident. But there weren't any, something which struck him as more than a little odd.

Heading almost at whim down the command corridor, he read the nameplates on the offices.

Hatemonger. Still alive, somehow. Bludgeon. Back from the dead yet again. Spinister. Attached to Trypticon now. Shockwave, commanding Scorponok. Other names flashed by, and he catalogued them. Ratbat. Finally got a high post back, I see. Astrotrain, now an admiral but not City Commander. Ah. Here.

The aquatic Pretender walked through the open doors of Gigatron's lair. Noting that some aerial Decepticon that he didn't recognise was speaking to the leader, Octopunch nodded to them both, offered an obligatory salute, and waited to be acknowledged.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Scalple frowned " Only Soundwave, but untill Laserbeak and Ravage are located there is little to be done."

Banzai-Tron arrived at Ratbats location
" What do you want " he stated as much as asked
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Razorclaw looked at Tempest as they walked, following the flaoting menace while they could. it wasn't long beofre Tempest has enoguh and piped up, "What did you want to see me for?"
Reflector

Gigatron's Lair

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron watched the display studiously, his hands folded neatly at the small of his back. He continued to look at the screen for a moment after the show had ended, contemplating, before returning his attention to Windrazor.

"An acceptable plan: simple but effective. I trust you've selected your men... Proceed to prepare and debrief them. But be warned, Windrazor - do not underestimate Maximus. I have had very..."

Gigatron paused a moment, his optics flashing as he searched for the word.

"...intimate dealings with that architecture."

Gigatron nodded toward the door to subtlely dismiss Windrazor, and in doing so caught sight of his next visitor. He rotated his body to better eye up Octopunch with a hint of contempt. Pretenders still seemed a curious concept to him...

"Something you need, soldier?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Gigatron’s Lair

Octopunch’s tentacles curled slightly under Gigatron’s stare, but he walked deeper into the room and nodded.

“Yessss. I’ve been...inactive for a while and I need to kill something.” He grinned, an expression barely visible through the translucent faceplate of his helmet. “Do you have anyone you need killed?”

Corridors, Metrotitan

Ratbat nodded at Banzai-Tron. “I have need of your skills, provided you can act with sufficient stealth. You will accompany Carnivac and Ransack to North America. Once there, you will scout the Autobot base and eliminate any enemies who challenge you.”

Then, to Tempest, “Why were you hiding in an abandoned Decepticon base?”

As he spoke, he entered the command deck. Aside from Ransack and Scrapper, who he had summoned, the area was empty. He fluttered over to the Constructicon leader.

“Have you finished with the Metrodrones yet?”

“I have,” Scrapper replied. “Those that suffered sympathetic processor damage related to Metrotitan’s injuries have been taken off-line, and the others are slowly filtering back to duty.”

“Good.” Ratbat nodded. “Your men are to continue to monitor the emergency core they installed until a new one can be fabricated. As well, Lord Gigatron wants you to concentrate on bringing the drive train and anti-gravs on-line. Your underlings can handle that, though. I want you to stay here and personally oversee the...”

The fuel auditor broke off as he noticed a diode beeping on one of the arms of the city’s command chair. He flew over, pressed the associated button, and received an information download.

Peripheral energy-generation station...weapons discharge readings...no contact with the crew...this can only mean one thing. Autobots.

He spun to Razorclaw. “Our nearby Energon-collection station appears to be under attack. Leave Tempest with me, take your Predacons and investigate. I’ll scramble Ramjet and Cyclonus to provide air support, and if necessary we can bring Metrotitan’s guns to bear and level the area.”

Ramjet received a text summons from Ratbat, ordering him to investigate a potential Autobot attack in concert with the Predacons. Nodding a good-bye to StarBlade, he gestured for Cyclonus to follow him.

“C’mon, Cyc! Ratty’s sendin’ us off to shoot at ‘Bots!”

Without bothering to check if the other jet was following, Ramjet took off at a run for the nearest exit.

(OOC: Ratbat's talking about the Autobot attack occuring here)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek arrived at the command deck and waited for the others.