[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet chuckled silently and pointed down a nearby corridor

" That way and first left " he said to Hot Rod

turning to Blurr " Blurr, could you please help Hot Rod to the CR chambers."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Blurr nodded to Ratchet.

"Surething. Noproblem,I'malwaysheretohelp. ComeonHotRodI'llhelpyou. Let'sgorightonoverhere,justafewsteps."

He helped Hot Rod carefully overe to the nearest CR chamber.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside

Chromia turned to Ironhide.

"Yeah, I've met her, just once. And that's maybe not a bad idea. She should still be pretty close." She walked a few steps away from the entrance.

"Runner!" she gave a loud call, "I know you're still here! Show yourself. What do you want with Blurr!?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Hot Rod smiled at Blurr, a bit weakly. "Thanks, buddy." He slipped into the nearest empty CR unit. "Could you close this thing up for me?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Hot Spot grinned as he ran a systems diagnostic.
"No problems here Skyfire, I'm fully charged and ready to go. How about you?" he asked, turning to Inferno.

First Aid spun around as Springer[/b[ came barreling into sickbay.
"He's alive, and he'll stay that way," he told the Wrecker Leader. In fact, I've repaired all his internal damage. I just need to work on his hull and then I'm done.

Meanwhile, Sixswitch had gotten to his feet, from the biobed where he'd been resting.

"Springer," he said quietly, stepping up to his former Commander.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Sixswitch..." Springer nodded at First Aid; mostly to acknowledge he'd heard him.

"What in the hell happened out there?"

Springer turned his head down to Whirl.

"Hang in there buddy, I think I need you now more than I ever have. Sixswitch we need a priority one meeting, asap."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"The Decepticons launched an attack on a human city. Whirl was on scene, and he went up against four of them to try and protect the humans. Worked too to an extent, he held them up long enough for Prime, Ironhide and me to arrive. He couldn't save them all, but he did well."

The Sixchanger glanced at Whirl's biobed.

"Yeah, we need to get this show on the road again," he told Springer. "That is, if I'm still on the team," he finished with a grin.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Inferno was proccupied with some sudden odd, uneasy thoughts as he stared out of Skyfire's windows at the bases. Hot Spot and Skyfire's voices registered a bit late, and he snapped his head around with an exaggerated laugh.
"Hah, pitstops! Heh heh. Yeah, all set and ready to go. Think you can get us there before I beat Hot Spot at arm wrestling, Sky?"

Inferno kicked back in a seat and put out an arm in readiness for a good match.
---------------------------
---------------------------

"Yes Sir, Optimus." Prowl replied and clicked off. He glanced to a timer on a monitor and then quickly tapped a few more keys. A responsive *bing* answered as he logged out and stood up. After checking his own weaponry and energy, he made for the meeting point.
------------
------------
ooc- (will post again with the others after I get back from town)
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Gotcha" Bluestreak nodded and wandered out of the med-bay, looking for Spike so he could go and get the food.

"Oh, I see, well thanks, doc" Firestar replied, starting to get off the med-table "Where's Inferno?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Haha, he won't take two millenia to get refuelled," Hot Spot teased, reclining easily in his seat.

The Protectobot leader was strangely relaxed, considering he was away from his team. A combiner team bond was really quite unexplainable to a non Combiner, but Hot Spot was comfortable enough being on this mission away from his team. Of course, if he were facing a Decepticon attack, things would be quite different...
Scout

Post by Scout »

Feeling shaken in both senses of the term, Nikko slowly opened one eye to just a little slit. He saw no metallic demon, but rather a banged-up human with an American accent talking to him. The other eye opened and he brought a hand up to his forehead and mumbled something in his native Carbombyan toungue as he sat up. Then, correcting himself, he tried American slang with a misplaced rumble.
"Oiyoi."
"Nyghtmare. Yas?"

------------------
------------------
From his mountaintop perch, Hound continued scanning the areas around. Everything was in order, and his scans showed no activity approaching the vicinity of the two cities below.

-----------------
-----------------
Mirage continued to stand guard outside the main entrance to Fortress Maximus, and Smokescreen joined him. They spoke quietly to each other, Mirage taking extreme care not to lapse in the watch responsibility.
-----------------
-----------------
Trailbreaker mused with a faint smile.
"Time's've changed Astra. There's more at stake now than ever before. I miss a lot of things and don't see half of what I did before." He broke into a brief grin as he continued. "Bet we could still wake up the base with a few well-placed fog horns though! and then the grin faded into the smile again as he sighed. "But, security would have our heads on a platter for messin' around at a time like this. Priorities I guess."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Finally, with the help of Brainstorm and his internal repair systems and his repair functions, Dai Atlas was in operational condition. Most systems were fully repaired, and what was left, including some damage to his exterior, was being repaired by the Nano-technology. It still felt wierd to have the little robots crawling over him repairing the damage - but - it was working. He transformed into robot mode and stood up, looking down at Brainstorm:

"Thanks for all the help."

Then strode away, towards Metroplex. En Route, he activated his comm system:

"This is Dai Atlas to Optimus Prime,
I'm active, and expect to be at 100% capacity with in 7 breems. If you need me, just radio, I'm heading into Metroplex to check on the troops.

Oh, in case Sixswitch didn't tell you - A large force of Decepticons headed into space in Trypticon. No idea what they're doing, but I bet it's not good.
Dai Atlas Out."

With that, the massive Cybertronian commander headed into Metroplex.
Reflector

Fortress Maximus: Runway Gate A-11

Post by Reflector »

With his refueling about finished, Skyfire tugged just slightly backward to incite a retraction by the fuel line. He continued puttering through his taxi procedure and warmed his engines as he got lined up for takeoff.

"Maybe if you use your left hand, Inferno." With an awkward chuckle, Skyfire began picking up speed exponentially and quickly launched off the edge of the runway into the night sky.

"I hope you guys remembered your seatbelts..."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Outside

Chromia waited for an answer from Runner. Not hearing one, she turned back to Ironhide and asked...

"Well, I know she's out here.......any other great ideas?" she asked with a wink.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Cells, Metroplex:

Muzzle: -eases himself down onto the other bunk- "If you mean that being grabbed by a bunch of metal giants was the nightmare, then I hate to break it to ya, but......" -hooks a thumb at what little can of Siren and Hosehead outside of the cell- "..... the nightmare ain't over, yet." -holds out his hand- "Name's Bridges. Nash Bridges. What's yours?"

Outside:

Ironhide: -activates his radiowave detector, starts trying to pick up Runner's transmission- "Mebbe Ah c'n trace her broadcast."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Armoury, Fort Max

Sitting behind his desk, Crosshairs stared at the inventory report on his monitor.

Not good. Not good at all. I hope those new supplies get here soon.

Medbay, Metroplex

Hot Rod's systems began to regenerate as the CR chamber did it's work.

Whirl began to drift back towards full consciousness as First Aid's repairs began to register with his diagnostic computer.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas walked into Metroplex's Medbay and took in the situation. Noting that the medics were hard at work, he just looked around, until he spotted Crossblades. He walked up and knelt down beside the Pretender:

"How are you feeling son?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

First Aid smiled as he closed another panel on Whirl's carapace. The repairs were almost complete, and although it might take the Wrecker a while longer to recover, First Aid's work was almost done.

The medic smiled a smile of relief. Being able to save lives was the greatest gift imaginable, and failing in that task the greatest sadness. But this time, he'd succeeded.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Reaching his rendevous point for the meeting with Optimus, Prowl closed the entry door behind him and walked straight to a viewing window overlooking the outer base and to the lights of Metroplex glittering in the darkened mountain valley. While continuing to wait for Optimus, he studied the placement of the airfield settled carefully between the two cities. He watched the city guards and watched for any possible lapses or breaks. He glanced to the sky and through the blackness of the trees that still lay thick around the cleared perimeter and landing fields of the aircraft.

Prowl was uneasy and unsettled, but very little of his concern showed in his facial features. He had long since mastered the art of subduing emotion and relying on logistics to be the vehicle for his reactions. Emotions only got in the way, clouded judgement, and put the subordinates under the charge of security at greater risk. But the data he was running through told him there was reason to be gravely concerned. The security at the two bases was not tight, and supplies of fuel and weaponry were running dangerously low. The troops were damaged and morale seemed to have an unacceptable unrest underlying in it.

==========
Nikko's dark eyes fixed on the Autobots stationed outside the cell as he fidgeted nervously. The 24 year old engineering student quickly diverted his attention to looking at the walls, door hinges and overall make of the cell as he answered Muzzle quietly. In family call fashion, he answered his last name first.
"Kathezumatha. Nikko Alledro."

He glanced briefly to Muzzle and then got a puzzled look. "We were said American help the metal demons. Why they take you?"
==========
Inferno started laughing, but quickly stopped when he had to grab on to the chair to keep from being knocked sideways from the ultra-powerful takeoff. He frowned briefly at his awkward form, but just as quickly got a grin as Skyfire hit cruising altitude and the scenery changed to masses of stars.

Rarely away from doing work of some variety, Inferno was pleased as punch to be out and about, and thoroughly enjoying every moment of it. He leaned over to the window to avoid the blue glare reflecting from his optics.
"Now ain't that a beeeutiful sihte!"
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

Metroplex Medbay

The sound of someone’s voice finally brought Crossblades too. Opening his eyes he saw Dai Atlas kneeling beside him he tried to give a reassuring smirk, but he just felt too tried. “I’ve been better Boss.” He said groggily. “Haven’t been this beat up since the second quarter of the academy during that flight accident…” He tried to go on but he was just to dazed, instead he simply mumbled something about how maybe his instructor was right about him.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Brig, Metroplex:

Muzzle: -sighs- "We're not all in love with these mechanical monstrosities, you know. My parents were killed, by 'accident', by the Autobots during one of their battles with the Decepticons." -scowls- "And let me tell you, bubba, it wasn't an accident. I've been trying to get revenge ever since. Usually just small stuff, trying to sabotage energon stockpiles, hoping it'll snowball into something big....." -shrugs- "And this time, they caught me. Those little green guys they have for guns sure know how to work a guy over, let me tell you." -looks over at Nikko- "So, what'd they get you for?"