[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

The Edge of the Abyss: Autobots

Post by Scout »

Cont'd from "Broken Peace"
Forward
As the search for energon and resources continues, the Autobots strive to keep the Decepticons from plundering the Earth's power for their own. The Autobot troops are on the mend from several skirmishes with the Decepticons. Also desperate to gain resources and supplies, the Decepticons have begun resorting to many varied types and areas of attacks... each one seemingly becoming nastier and more violent than the last.

Background:
The Autobots have two bases running currently. Optimus Prime is leader, Ultra Magnus is acting second - primarily at Metroplex, while Prowl is chief advisor and city security director at Fortress Maximus.
Chief security director for both cities will be Red Alert.
Metroplex city security director is Ironhide.

Metroplex main points of action:

**Ultra Magnus has called a meeting of every available Autobot.

**In medbay, Roadbuster and Tracks have watched Springer revive from an offline state. The triple-changer had been killed accidentally by Optimus Prime back during the Chaos Matrix thread. Coming around, he impaled Sixwing and then stalked off.

Fortress Maximus main points of action:
**In medbay, Minerva and First Aid are working on several patients, including Siren, Hound and Smokescreen.

**Optimus and Prowl are/were taking recharge time while Streetwise looks after security.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

NOTE: The adventures of Red Alert, Dirge & co as they head to the Nemesis will be continued in a seperate thread here .
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch frowned.
"Fine, if you guys want to ignore me, that's just fine," he snarled, before heading to a terminal, and inputting the data himself.

No one turned around as he left the room.

"Blades to Sixswitch, you're back now?"
"Sure am," the Sixchanger replied.
"OK, I'll note it for Streetwise in security. Blades out."

"Sixswitch to Optimus Prime. There's some data in the main computer regarding upgrades to Trypticon that you should examine as soon as possible. Dai Atlas is continuing his mission. I returned here."

OOC: I'm aware that there are no active player characters in Fort Max's command deck. So Sixswitch's speech wasn't meant to mock any players here
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Optimus made use again of his com system inside the stasis pod, not ready just yet to fully awaken...

"Understood, sixswitch... I'll look into it as soon as I'm finished with recharge..."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Medbay Metroplex

Fixit gave the thumbs up, "Alright Countdown, you're okay to get back on your feet."

Countdown stretched his limbs around and checked his systems over. "Nice job there Fixit, as always."

"Okay then, anyone else need me to perform a miracle?" Fixit boasted.

Countdown then heard the call from Skyfall. He bolted out of the medbay, transformed and headed for the Omega Shuttle.

Redhot however quickly transformed and sped out for the command center hearing Ultra Magnus' call.

Brig

Stakeout and Seawatch heard the call from Ultra Magnus. Stakeout replied to the others, "Let the scum wait for questioning. Magnus need us right now!"

He and Seawatch transformed and sped out towards the command center.
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Scattershot jetted back to Dia Atlas with there new "Cargo." Strafe followed close behind. Soon they mad there way back and walked up to Dai with there hostage. "Look what we found laying around."

Lightspeed looked at there hostage while his optics dialated. "She looks familuar."

Nosecone places a hand on his brothers shoulder. "Of couse she does thats the autobot that disurted us and is Blurrs sister." He jumps back in surprise. "Holy Cow.!" Where did oyu guys find her?"
Part Man

Part Machine

All Autobot
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Talon was flying through the inside of Metroplex. His purple bat alt mode sticking out like a sore thumb as he headed towards the command deck, or so he thought. "According to the map I downloaded I need to take a left here" heads left into a corridor. "Then a right, and then just keep going forw.. oh he.." turns right and slams into a dead end, dropping to the floor a moment later. "THAT was not supposed to be there" Talon muttered as he transformed into his normal gargoyle form and got to his feet. 'Time to check that map again..... AHA... Metroplex map files Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Hmm, Beta matches this wall section. Let's just hope there's not more surprises' he thought as he jumped into the air, transformed back into bat mode and flew off, not going full out just in case the map was wrong again.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Dai Atlas's Position

Chromia shook her head as the Decepticons face became apparent.

"More importantly, how did you find her?"

Well, this just keeps getting better and better......

She signed again and looked back over her shoulder and tilted her head up.

"Blurr, c'mere. I want you to see this." I do, right?

Blurr came over to where Chromia had summoned him. "SurethingChromia!Whatdoyouneed?I'msurethatI........."

His optics widend in shock as he saw the Decepticon.

For the first time in his life, Blurr was speechless as he looked at thier captive.
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

near Dai Atlas

Crossblades made his why towards Chromia and tried to whisper to her. “Um excuse me but is that a mech I should know? Not that I’m trying to be rude or anything, I hope you know but I hate not knowing what’s going on you know? I just find it annoying you know what I mean? Oh and well you seem to know the mech so could you fill me in?”
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

emerging at last from the stasis capsule, prime streched his joints, leting the myomer and other components that created his musculature loosen from being cramped and immobile over the recharge cycle... it was the he started over toward the repair bay's operating table... From a close distance, he could see minerva was still doing repairs on hound... despite his better judgement, he came up beside her, and spoke softly, so as not to startle her...

"Any progress, minerva?"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Sounds like you've been having a real party ... "

Springer stumbled slightly forwards, correcting his step pattern.

"What about the others?" Springer wasn't party to pretty much anything that happened after the blast from Prime & the Matrix on Cybertron, he'd barely been conscious since that moment.

"What happened to the rest of the Wreckers?"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Dai Atlas's Position

Fighting down an urge to stuff Crossblades into a closet somewhere, she turned to him to answer his question.

"Her name is Runner. And she used to be an Autobot. Until she turned traitor on us." She narrowed her optics at the captive while drawing her weapon again.

Drawing a bead on her, and inclined her head to Dai.

"Dai, what are your orders with this one?
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Medbay, Fortress Maximus

Ratchet began cleaning some of his instruments so he could almost see his reflection in them.

He turned his head to the others in the room.

"Any of you 'bots need a hand?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Med Bay, Fort Max

First Aid leaned over the table, activating one of his laser scalpels, and carefully soldered a diode back into place on Hound's brain unit. He was aware of Prime's arrival, but since the question was directed at Minerva he said nothing.

It's going pretty well though, all in all. he thought as he deactivated his scalpel, and picked up another tool.

Meanwhile, Sixswitch was stalking through the corridors of Fortress Maximus in tiger mode. Not that he intended to, but for some reason, when he was in tiger form, he found himself stalking a lot. He shook his head at the absurdity of it, but it was true nonetheless. When he assumed tiger mode, he did seem to take on some of the qualities of the Earth animal he resembled.

He'd made sure to check up on it, when he had had some free time back on Cybertron, and it was true. He found himself stalking rather than walking, he'd often try to slink into shadows to remain unseen, and he'd even caught himself growling, back on Cybertron when he'd been fighting Sixshot.

Maybe I should see a psychiatrist... Or rather, I would if the Autobots had such things, he pondered.

One thing was sure, he felt it strangely comfortable, especially since coming back online, to be in his animal form. It felt more... natural, somehow. Nonetheless, he realised that he wasn't being too productive at the moment, but idleness is OK sometimes...

I wonder how Quick Switch is doing?

He frowned at the thought. He'd not thought of his friend since he'd been back online. That was strange, but now was as good a time as any.

"Computer," he ordered Fort Max's internal automated computer system. "Where is Quick Switch?"

"Quick Switch is in corridor 42-A."

Sixswitch nodded his head, and lopped off down the corridor, heading for 42-A.
Reflector

Metroplex: Outside

Post by Reflector »

Jazz caught sight of the others on approach to the Omega shuttle and rocked the accelerator. He wasn't the type to worry about hitting his comrades - not because he didn't care, but because he was so sure he wouldn't. As he came along the line of New Wreckers, he slammed his wheels to the right and hit the hand brake, spinning himself sideways before launching through an aerial transformation and landing at Skyfall's side. He grinned at the Micromaster with a nod.

"Fashionably late, aaaas usual," he smirked.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Sixswitch, is that you?" Quick replied, having stopped his search for the time being.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -pauses, looks over at Prime- "It's going well. Won't be too much longer. Hook's meatball surgery was pretty easy to remove." -sighs- "The hard part is putting everything back."

Meeting room, Metroplex:

Ironhide, Nightbeat, and Chromedome: -walk in-

Chromedome: -looking around- "Think anybody else is coming?"

Nightbeat: -shrugs-

Roadbuster: -looks sadly at Springer- "You're the only one that 'came back', as it were. As far as I know, anyway."

Tracks: -still struggling in Roadbuster's grip- "And I think you've lost your mind! Let me go!"

Roadbuster: -looks back at Tracks- "Not yet. You're the only other one who knows what's going on. If that freak gets his hands on you, it could blow the whole thing."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase, this is Whirl. I’ve sighted a small group of Decepticons. They’re attacking humans and I’m going to need backup to stop them. Prime, Magnus, Prowl, one of you acknowledge.

Command Deck, Metroplex

After leaving Jetfire in one of Medbay’s regeneration chambers, Hoist headed towards the bridge. Stepping into the command center, he approached Ultra Magnus.

He surreptitiously scanned the city commander with his multi-sensor as he asked, “What did you need, chief?”
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

the communique was tranfered to prime's personal comm, and his demeanor suddenly grew grim.

" Acknowledged, Whirl. Give me an exact count... I'm going to deal with this one personally."

Prime nodded to Minerva. "Do the best you can, Minerva... I know that'll be more than enough. Same for you, First Aid. With Ratchet over in Metroplex, you two are the Maximus' best medics... " Prime stopped himself... " I'm...sorry, that didn't quite come out right...but... I think you know what I mean." He nodded to the two of them, and started out of med-bay, heading for the battleship's main hangar. Opening his comm, he spoke up...

" Sixswitch, If you're still in the area, I'm heading out to deal with a little decepticon pest problem... I could use a hand."

Changing frequency, he spoke again... " Magnus, this is Prime. I need a few good 'bots to break up a little decepticon party... Prowl and Fortress are more than capable of managing things until my return... Care to join the party?"

Prime shifted comm channels again, and this time set a direct line to ironhide... " Ironhide, if you're not too busy... I could use a hand with a little "errand"... seems some decepticons are out and about terrorizing innocents again... and I need a few good 'bots to make the trip with me to send them packing. "

Prime arrived in the main bay, and approached the Arc-Royal class shuttle. Not very heavily armed, it relied on pure speed, and wasn't a combat-class ship... but right now, speed was more of the essence than firepower. Sitting down in the pilot's chair, he started to cycle through the pre-flight. It had indeed been awhile since he'd piloted, but just like riding a bike... as the humans said... it was something you couldn't forget how to do.

(OOC: as I said, I need two bots more, if sixswitch and magnus go along, for a total of five... anyone interested, either pm me or let bombshell know. I'm not going to be waiting long either. tmorrow evening is the latest.)
Scout

Post by Scout »

"65% charging"
Prowl was still and silent within the stasis chamber as his drained systems absorbed the available energy. He was dimly aware of a brief alert, and that it was answered. No urgent attachment followed, so he stayed in the semi-conscious state so as to recharge faster.

In Fortress Maximus' security center, a timed alert flashes on a screen to remind monitors to check patrols and rotate cameras.

Smokescreen sat up on the med bay table and looked to Siren. "Thanks Siren. I owe you a big one."[/b]