SpiderMan 2003 (Animated Series)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tempest

SpiderMan 2003 (Animated Series)

Post by Tempest »

Damn, I found this out not to long ago. Weird animation, but not too bad. I just downloaded Episode 5 - Tight Squeeze. Not to damn bad.

Anyone else see this?

(My guess this might be on TV so ... ehhh)
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

I got the 2-disc DVD pack a while ago; it's got the complete first season on it. I love the visual style - looks like Capcom's Killer 7 at times.

Tempest - Tight Squeeze is the episode with Pterodax (the jetpack russkies), right? If so...I think that's episode 6, not 5...
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I own the 2-disk set as well.

The series was okay. The animation was superb but I hated the "Mtv" feel. The whole "let's make these college kids do everything that's stereotypically hip to college kids like drinking lattes and dressing like metrosexuals etc".

On top of that they didn't use enough villains from the comic. That wouldn't have been so bad had the original villains they created been any good. Lotus was cliche, that burgler chick was boring and Teradax was an exact duplicate of the Rocket Raiders. The only original villain that was actually pretty cool was Turbo-Boost, but mostly for his visual style.

Speaking of which, the entire show is visually beautiful. The animation is terrific. So it had that going for it.

Then the few villains they did use weren't a very good selection. We got Silver Sable (boring), the Lizard (awesome, but he dies in his first and only episode), Kraven (his appearance is a reference to Spider-man the movie the video game, specifically the X-Bo version) and Electro (done quite well, actually). But get the feeling they couldn't use any really good villains because Sony wanted to save them for the movies.

All in all, I thought it was rahter mediocre. Every episode Peter and Mary Jane would come closer to expressing their love but by the next episode they were distant again. And then there was "Indy", Peter's other love interest with the really stupid hair and annoying voice.

And Peter Parker wore purple jeans.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

It was alright, I thought it kind of got boring, didn't like Peter's other love interest(Jeanie?). Did it get canceled or something? Or were they waiting until Spidey 2 is done?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I never did get used to the visual style. I couldn't stop thinking how big and oddly-shaped Mary Jane's head was. The cel-shading was a big turnoff for me.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
It was alright, I thought it kind of got boring, didn't like Peter's other love interest(Jeanie?). Did it get canceled or something? Or were they waiting until Spidey 2 is done?

Yeah, it got cancelled. And her name was Indy.

Didn't know that was a girl's name.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

okay thanks:)
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah...i remember seeing it for the first time and was like "this is hte best thing ever" because of the design and such and it seemed a bit more "mature" than previous spider-cartoons ...then i realised that it wasnt so much mature as it was mtv-ised and after the initial shock as to the beautifull look of the show it got boring....it was a shame that thats what mainframe has to be doing with there time...
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

didnt mainframe (people who did the BM/BW animation) do this spiderman series? i didnt know they stopped making the episodes...i liked how they got the guy who played kingpin in daredevil to be his VA.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Yep, Mainframe Studios.

And it was cool that they got Michael Clark Duncan.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

What can you expect, it was done by MTV.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

didnt mainframe (people who did the BM/BW animation) do this spiderman series?

and from my post right before yours......
it was a shame that thats what mainframe has to be doing with there time...

not really trying to be overly critical just havin' some fun:p
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Nothing made by MTV other than these ****e reality series' and TRL last longer then a season.

It's sad.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
IThe series was okay. The animation was superb but I hated the "Mtv" feel. The whole "let's make these college kids do everything that's stereotypically hip to college kids like drinking lattes and dressing like metrosexuals etc".
And Peter Parker wore purple jeans.

That's not the first time you can accuse Spider-Man of trying to hard to be hip... In the issues I've got to at the moment (Amazing 47) everyone has reccently started talking in the silliest 60's Jive dialouge. What makes it worse is that Mary Jane, who I'd assumed from the movies and cartoon was level headed and sensible is the worst offendr, calling everyone "Dad" and talking the most dodgy teen speek I've ever read. I'm guessing the Batman show had just started and Stan was trying to out cool it...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Most of MTV's stuff, seems to be lacking in the quality department. That's probably why I have never whatched any of without changing the chanell.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One