[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch 4 - Japan

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

OOC: If anyone missed the shuttle, lets assume that they're in there.

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall hit his thrusters as he exited the base and landed in the troop bay. He set down the computer core and looked up at Jazz:

"Good work Jazz. We couldn't have succeeded with out you. We just need to swing by and pick up Dropshot and Co. Then we're heading across to Autobase. Omega is far to damaged to make it orbital, so it's going to take a lot longer to get there. The med equipment I have on board should be able to keep everyone functioning until we get back. Also, Starlight and Aero Blade have demonstrated amazing repair abilities - perhaps they can be of assistance to anyone critically injured. Oh, and this computer core. It's wet, and a little damaged from where I ripped it out - but perhaps we can use it for info."

He then turned to Roadbuster:
"Thank you for your help too - but the battle is over and we have won. Not only did we take out the Decepticons, but stopped what ever they were planning. This has deffinatly been a sucessful mission. Now rest up and conserve your strength. When we get back to Autobase, I'll see what Prime needs, and we can take the hurt back to the Decepticons."

Turning back to his second in command:

"Jazz, I'm heading up to the bridge, once we're out of Japanese Airspace, I'll radio Autobase and let them know our situation. Please give me a report on our troops and let me know so I can let the medics know what to expect on our way. Now to just pick up our snipers and to head back."

Skyfall climbed up the ladder to the bridge, reserving his Energon cells and then flopped into his chair and began to shake. Seeing all those wounded troops he commanded into battle was taking it's toll on him. He did manage to get them all in alive, but with cases like Ark, just barely. He heaved a sigh and mentally commanded Omega to head for the hills where Dropshot, Artfire and Stepper were still battling.

A very depressed Missile Run exited the battle area and had his drone parts enter Omega and begin to refuel. As he did, the damage to his Jet\Combiner parts began to regenerate and repair.

Artfire backed away from Blitzwing so he could get a decent shot off. Letting Dropshot and Stepper maintain the Melee combat.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hearing what was circulating around, Aero Blade was quick to radio both Countdown and Skyfall. "Whoa! Hold on a second. I'm a tech, not a medic. I can do some repair work on others, but not much better than anyone else can do. I'm meant to work with large machines and computers, not sensitive autobots with a nerve network..."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall sighed a little from the bridge and then radio'd Aero Blade:

"We understand that Aero Blade, though you managed to get Omega back to geather so we could get out of there. We're not asking you to completely repair anyone, just work with the medical units on board and keep everyone alive until we get back. Just do your best, I have faith in you"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

OOC: Sorry to do this, but no one is posting in this thread anymore, so I'll just bring everyone home and we'll see what happens from there. Oh and sorry about the double post

The Omega Shuttle came to hover over the battle between Blitzwing and the sniper team. Skyfall opened the troop doors, and Missle Run and Chain Gun leaned out and provided cover fire.

Stepper - "Alright, transports here. Time to fall back!"

Dropshot - "Not until this Decepticon is a smoldering slag-pile at my feet!"

With a nod to each other Artfire and Stepper grabbed their commander and hauled him into the shuttle, bracing as Skyfall ignited the thrusters and headed for home.

Dropshot leaned out the troop door, firing randomly from his shoulder cannon. On the bridge, Nemesis laughed, thinking that Dropshot had the right idea, and fired a volley of missiles back at the Decepticons still at the base.

Once out of Japanese air space and over the open pacific, Skyfall brought the shuttle up to about 25,000feet. Keeping the sensors on active, he wanted to make sure they didn't run into any civilian aircraft. It was then that he broadcast his message to Autobase:

"This is Skyfall to Autobot base:
We are returning to base WITH the missing memory chips and a computer core. We also have at least 2 units injured, probably more. Be prepaired for us when we arrive. ETA with Autobase is 6 hours at current speed. Will contact you when we arrive."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

OOC: I try to post as soon as I can't but I can't get on at regular increments right now, so things are alittle difficult

Aero Blade sighed as he listened to Skyfall over the com. He may have had confidence in him, but AEr didn't have confidence in himself for that kind of sensitive, technical work. But at the same time, he didn't want anyone suffering all the way back to the Autobot base.

Finally coming to a decision, he made is way over to where the injured were being taken, having a look around to see what he could try to do.
Reflector

Omega...

Post by Reflector »

Jazz finished the ascent up the ladder to the bridge of the Omega shuttle in his usual suave style. He sauntered up behind Skyfall with something of a limp in his step. The crate of chips waited under his right arm.

"Roadbuster's leg is gonna need a lotta work, and Countdown really had a run for his money. A lot of dings and bruises elsewhere, but it looks like everybody oughta make it. And it looks like our cargo's doin' just fine."

He chuckled and held up the crate of chips, stamped with a Decepticon symbol and a number of other markings.

(OOC: Well, I'm off for an early start to OTFCC. Don't know when I'll be back, but if Jazz needs moved... um, Brave's in charge.)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -laying back, shuts himself down, letting his internal repair systems cope with the damage-

Roadbuster: "How can the battle be over? I've still got ammo!"

Dinobot: -hisses- "We have.... Bigger problems."

Roadbuster: "Bigger problems? What bigger problems?"

Dinobot: "I can sense...... something. A presence...... I know it from somewhere........"

Roadbuster: "A presence? What presence?"

Dinobot: -narrows optics- "An evil one."

Roadbuster: "We were just fighting a group of Decepticons. Evil presences isn't that surprising."

Dinobot: "An evil presence that I know! One that I fought!"

Roadbuster: "Lovely."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall nodded to his second in command and breathed a little lighter. Nothing to serious and thankfully no fatalities. His sensors told him that they were cresting the pacific, less than an hour to Autobase. He turned his chair around and looked up at Jazz, not having the effort to stand. He hoped it didn't show in his face, but the Damage done to the Omega Shuttle was wracking all through his body. Keeping the engines at this level caused pain to shoot through most of his body constantly.

"Good, nothing too serious. We're not going to lose anyone on the trip home. You should get that leg checked out when we get back too. Just to let you know - I want everyone to go in for a medical check when we get back, even those that don't seem damaged. We're going to get everyone repaired, including Omega, and then I want to talk with everyone. Those that remain, I want to join me. We're going to take a look at the Ark wreckage. We should be able to turn it into a perminant base for Earth. Now, grab a seat. Your cargo's important, but with that leg and where you're standing, if we hit some turbulance, you could take some serious damage."

Jazz nodded and limped back down into the troop area, sitting in a troop chair, still holding onto the chips.

Skyfall turned around and looked through the main windows at the deep blue expanse
Almost home

Missile Run sat in his recharge chamber, soaking in Energon and allowing his systems to convert it to Z, keeping an eye on his combiner jet, watching it repair itself. Seperated from it, it would take quite a while to regenerate the damage done, but if he were to sit in it and connect to it, it would draw too much suspicion. So he continued to look around the shuttle compartment and spotted Roadblock, as he staired intently at each member of the crew, seeming to scrutinize them. When the Wrecker looked his way, Missile Run gave him a smile. Not a friendly kind. But the kind that said "I know all about you." and "I know what you fear."

OOC:1 - HA HA HA I'm in charge.... Oh, of Jazz, until Flec gets back.... Damn it, way to mess with a guys ego....
2 - Wreckers memebers are going to be getting a PM from me before the end of the week, just to give a heads up as to what's on my mind :D
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dinobot: -optics narrow, hisses- "He iss here......"

Roadbuster: "I remember the good old days. Just me and my thoughts of death and destruction. No long dead lizards in my head talking about some evil it faced......"

Dinobot: -snarls- "Your..... LEVITY.... is not appreciated! We are facing Rampage!"

Roadbuster: -despite having no facial features, manages to give the impression of a cocked eyebrow- "Rampage."

Dinobot: "You have heard of him, then."

Roadbuster: "Rampage. The Predacon Rampage."

Dinobot: "Yess. You know who he is, you know then what the problem is!"

Roadbuster: "You're worried about Rampage. The half-wit tiger. You're worried about that moron?" -starts laughing- "Rampage...... the ultimate evil...... heheheheheh....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!"

Dinobot: -folds arms across his chest- "Are you finished?"

Roadbuster: -manages to stop laughing- "All right, all right...... Yeah. I'm finished."

Dinobot: "Rampage is a Maximal experiment gone horribly wrong. They tried to create a spark with the same indestructable properties as Starscream's-"

Roadbuster: "Starscream's indestructable?"

Dinobot: "His spark is."

Roadbuster: "Just think...... I could kill him again and again....."

Dinobot: -shakes head wearily- "Nnn. Either way, Rampage was too unstable, killed most of his handlers before they were able to shut him down and force him into a stasis pod."

Roadbuster: "Okay, Dinobot. Think about this. They based Rampage's spark on Starscream's right? We faced Starscream today. You were probably picking up residual echoes from him."

Dinobot: -scowls-
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Trying hard to keep the Shuttle steady, Skyfall used all his piloting skills as they reached land. With only a few moments to go, he opened the secure Comm channel with Autobot control:

"This is Skyfall,
We will be reaching Autobase in a few clicks. We have injured on board and we will be heading directly into Metroplex's Medical Bay. Please have all avalible medical staff meet us there. Additionally, we have rescued the chips for Hound and once everything is settled I will bring them to Fortress Maximus.
Skyfall Out."

He then turned his chair and looked out into the Troop compartment:

"Alright guys - we're almost home."

OOC: To continue in the Autobot thread :D
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: whew- bad timing for everyone, but the maj of staff should be back now. Good work Brave, Aero and co. :)

Blitzwing snarled as a shot clipped his hip. The shot richocheted (sp?) off, but stung enough to distract him from a full frontal charge at Artfire. Turning his attention back towards the Autobot, he immediately realized his mistake as a blast caught him directly in the torso- tearing away some of the metallic skin and leaving a small puncture area in the neckline.

Angrily, he pulled up his rifle in response, but stopped as he heard Starscream's orders.

Gigatron indeed. Back to base.

Blitzwing's optics flared as he transformed back to his jet mode and hissed at Artfire.
"We'll settle this later- Autobot."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: Someone wanna tell me what happened to Darkwing and Dreadwind?
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Sorry 'bout the delay, guys. After a lot of confusion, I'm going to be taking over Starscream for just a bit longer.)

Starscream staggered through the factory's shattered cargo dock door, one hand clutching his chest. He muttered to himself upon catching sight of the splash from Piranacon's final submergence. His optics floated to the ground. Something was making a good lot of noise at him.

"Decepticon-san!" a bespectacled manager shouted in a thick Japanese accent. "Your people are responsible for the damage to my plant! I expect retribution to be paid!"

Starscream growled and raised a foot over the technician.

"I'll show you retribution!"

His foot came down thunderously in the concrete, sending the running human scattering across the pavement. Starscream snarled and looked back at the scene of chaos and destruction. For once, his team seemed mostly on the receiving end of that. He stepped over to the fallen Powermasters and delivered Darkwing a weak kick in the gut.

"Thrust, grab these pathetic weaklings and return to base."

Starscream jumped shakily into the air and began flying back for Carbombya in robot form, unable to transform.

(OOC: As inopportune a time this is, I'm going to close the thread now so that I don't forget. All Decepticons transposed to their thread.)