[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch4 Boiling Point- Autobot

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

"Wish I knew" replied Grapple. A look of disgust came over his face as he realised something

"Whatever it is, it means that that drink is out of the window with the protoform"

Catilla transformed into his big cat mode. Once this was done, he brought out his shell, and it covered him. As it did so, it began to shrink until he was the size of an earth tiger. To look at him now, he was a normal, predatory tiger.

(ooc, he hasnt got his helmet on)
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

"I want to help wherever you need me," Arcee said. She didn't like the thought of humans being slaughtered by Decepticons one little bit.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Training Area: Metroplex

Wreck-Gar moved to the comm unit. "Admiral, I'm not too sure that we should be sending out the Enterprise out with a bunch of raw recruits. We nearly got ourselves blown to bits the last time it happened."

He then noticed that Cliffjumper had gotten tagged. He sighed. "There goes Midshipman Peter Preston."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Conference Room, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -activates commlink- "Got ya, Red. Ah'll put a team together." -deactivates commlink, looks back at Prime- "Ah know that, Prahme. Lahke Ah said, though, it don't mean Ah have ta lahke it. An' that ain't why Ah come back in here." -sits in chair- "Why'd ya bring me back? Ya got Quick Switch, an' Magnus, an' awl these others. Ya bring me back, an' now Ah feel lahke Ah'm set off ta th' sahde, gettin' ta watch but not really do nothin'." -scowls- "An' ta be honest, gettin' whut look lahke a bunch'a yes-men types ta be yer advisors don't sound lahke such a hot idea." -stands- "As fer th' other reason Ah come in here, Ah think we need ta leave a group'a Autobots here on Earth, ta defend it."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime's optics narrowed...

" Have wheeljack get a move on and get inside the nemesis... If anything else comes up, Get back to me. I've got reasonable faith that Magnus, Jetfire and the others can make it back under their own power"

Prime cut the transmission, the visor retracted, along with the mic, and prime stared almost coldly at ironhide.... but his optics betrayed him...

"Why, Ironhide? Because I need someone here who knows me for who I am, who I was, and who I can become. For all that magnus has been through as a sub-commander, and quickswitch as a security chief... You, old friend... For as much as I wanted to let you have your rest... as much as I realize you've given your life for the autobot cause... I need you here, Ironhide. You, above any others, are the only person I truly feel I can confide in... For all that we've been through... I'd hoped you could understand, old friend. I... appologize. "

Prime started out of the conference chamber, slowly picking up speed as he rushed for the armory. Inside, he'd hoped his friend could understand why it was that he needed him here... and if not... Prime could never find it in himself to forgive himself...
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Training Area, Metroplex

"I told you that doesn't count."

Cliffjumper paused for a moment.

"Hey, if I let it count, does that mean I can leave?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -stands, follows Prime out- "That's not whut Ah asked. 'Least, it ain't whut Ah meant ta ask. If ya need me ta be th' one who knows ya best, what'd'ya shuffle me over ta Metroplex for? What'd ya want me ta do, advise from a distance?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar looked at his fellow Junkions. "If you think Cliffjumper should turn tail and walk away just because he got hurt in a game, gimme a hell yeah!"

Not a peep erupted from the Junkions.

"I see," Wreck-Gar nodded. "Now, if you think Cliffjumper should suck it up and stand by for further orders from Admiral Kirk, gimme a hell yeah!"

The Junkions erupted in an almost unanimous "HELL YEAH!"

Wreck-Gar walked up to Cliffjumper. "Take a break, son. And while you're at it, have a Kit Kat bar."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"It's because at the moment, Metroplex is where I felt you were needed most. With magnus all but being out of the loop in command terms as of late, I needed someone I could trust to make the right decisions there... Once Magnus has returned from getting smokescreen back, I'll have him assigned back to commanding Metroplex, and have you brought to fortress as a personal aid... which reminds me. We'll need to set up some sort of operation for when we head back for cybertron. Up for it?"
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Training Area, Metroplex

"Whoa whoa, Wreck-Gar, hold on. I haven't ever turned tail and ran from something. I'm just getting tired of this."

Cliffjumper motions at all the other Junkions.

"Right now, I'd rather be shooting at some Decepticons than summersaulting around in Metroplex. My trigger finger is itching, and I can't remember the last time I used my glass gas."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -smiles- "Yeah, Ah'm up to it. Gotta go beat th' slag outta some Decepticreeps in Egypt first, though."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

*Listens as Ironhide accepts the Egypt assignment*

*She turns to Red Alert*

"Look, I know you don't have a lot of Autobots who have flight capabilities, but I'm a damn good pilot. You have any ships I could fly?"

*She gestures to Cosmos*

"Even if you send Cosmos and the others, theres not gonna be any room left to evacuate the humans. Or to transport any of our own wounded. "

*She turns back to Red and crosses her arms*

"That's if the 'Cons left any of them in one piece"

*An ugly look crosses her face*
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar walked up to Cliffjumper and patted him on the shoulder. "You'll get your chance to fight and die for your country, but for now, take a load off. Eat some s'mores and relish all that life has to offer. For one day, we shall die."

Hot Rod stepped up then. "Lighten up there, Captain Bringdown. You're the leader of the Rebel Alliance. You need to inspire confidence in your troops, especially since you're sending them down the throat of a Death Star."

The Junkion leader nodded. "That's right, Wendy. Just think happy thoughts, and get some faerie dust, and you'll be able to fly."

Hot Rod chuckled, then turned to Cliffjumper, aware that the red round minibot wouldn't be enjoying the conversation. "Don't worry, Cliff. You'll get the chance to blast some 'cons."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Somehow, I don't think that Egypt mess will be a problem for much longer" came a voice from the shadows near the doorway. A normal sized transformer stood there, his chest and head blue, legs red. it was not completely obvious, but this unit happened to be one of the autobots greatest warriors. At least... in his time.

Opening a comlink to Optimus, Saber spoke..."Optimus, sir this is Saber. Victory Leo and I have completed our log-range surveylance of the western seaboard... we heard there's some trouble in egypt. We'd like to be part of the strikeforce."

Prime recieved the transmission as he entered the armory.

"Roger that, Saber. Prep for immedieate departure."

Prime turned his head to Ironhide...

"Seems you'll have some quality company on this one, Ironhide... not to mention some of the fastest transport to boot. Starsaber and Victory Leo... two Autobots from a separate time line, that were brought here during a recent...mess, shall we say, are offering their skills... Saber just happens to be a massive aerial fighter, and I'm quite sure between he and victory leo, you'd have enough space for around three more bots... but we can't take anyone from the nemesis team... that would be too great a strain on that group. Perhaps Catilla and Chainclaw?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Wheeljack's Lab

"Acknowledged, Prime. Wreck-Gar's standing by if his men are needed." Red Alert cut the channel, then turned to the group of Autobots that crowded into the lab. Before he could clarify his thoughts, he had several voices trying to attract his attention at once. To make matters worse, his comlink started to beep, indicating an incoming security report. His optics dimmed as he tried to make sense of it all.

He activated his comm again. "Wreck-Gar, that may not be a problem. If Ironhide needs your team for the mission, he'll contact you."

"I need you here, Arcee." Red tried (and most likely failed) to give her a reassuring smile. "The others will take care of the humans. Our assignment will save more of them in the long run, I promise."

Finally, Red flipped open his comlink and checked what had set off the alarm. Proximity alert? Large incoming object, apparently derelict, heading for the outskirts of the base. Projected to land...in the lake? I'd heard it had become a popular destination these days...guess it really has. Whatever it is, it looks like it won't land intact. He sighed in disgust, then brought the report up on Arcee's console.

(OOC: He's reading the sensor data from Brave Max's post)

"OK Chromia, you want a job? I've got one for you. We don't have any shuttles large enough for evac duty, but we have a few small shuttlepods in the main hangar. I want you and Pipes to pick up Beachcomber, then take one of the shuttles up and investigate...whatever that is." He pointed at the report. "If it's hostile, blow it out of the sky. Think you can handle that?"

The security officer then turned his attention to Wheeljack. "How long until that contraption of yours is ready to transport us?"

Mess Hall, Metroplex

Hoist's optics narrowed. "Yeah, if they're sending people out to fight we'll be busy very soon." He shot Grapple and Fixit a resigned look. "Think we should head up to the bridge and see what's going on?"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

............Think you can handle that?"

*She nodded*

"No problem, but I have a coupla questions.."

"One..."

*holds up one finger*

"Where do I find Pipes, and two.."

*holds up two fingers*

"Do we have any idea yet where it came from? Hang on..."

*She turns to Arcee *

"Can you pull of a better scan of that thing from here? Velocity, mass, heck, I'd settle for a licence plate number. "

*she tosses a slight smile to Red*

"I don't wanna take any 'Bots up there till I have an idea what I'm up up against. "

*she crosses over to an empty terminal, types in a few commands*

"Arcee, I'm gonna take the shuttle that's in berth, um.....2. It looks like it's fueled and ready to go. Send any info you can get to that NavComp. Alright?"

*She stands and walks past Red Alert to the doorway*

"Have this Pipes meet me in the main hanger. "

*She pulls and checks her blaster rifle, re-holsters it, then pauses in the doorway*

"And um, which way is the main hanger?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Wheeljack's Lab

Red Alert walked to the doorway and pointed to the left. "That way, Chromia. I'll have the rest of your team meet you there."

He flipped open his comlink yet again. I'm going to wear the hinges out at this rate...

"Beachcomber, Pipes, report to Chromia in Fortress Maximus's main hangar bay immediately."

Brig, Fort Max

Beachcomber heard his name called. He headed for the door a little quicker than would be expected, still uncomfortable with some of the things Sunstreaker had said.

"See you guys later," he told Sunstreaker and Inferno as he rushed out the door. He headed towards the hangar at a jog.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Arcee silently nods to Red Alert.

She tells Chromia, "Sure, I'll give you what I can. Good luck!" Then, after Chromia's walked away, she twiddles settings on her console again, trying to get a scan of the incoming object as Chromia requested.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

ooc: time I took part in earnest again.

The Rocky mountains were known, among other things, for the various forms of wildlife, including bats.

The bat currently flying towards the Autobot base was far from your regular earth bat though, for several reasons:
1: It was flying mid day, odd since bats are nocturnal by nature
2: It was 5 feet tall and metallic

No, this was no ordinairy bat. This is Talon, the Minicon, in his vampire bat altmode. He had left the Autobot base shortly after arriving back on Earth, before the Decepticons attacked it. He stayed with some friends of his, and helped them rebuild their house after the fallout from the Decepticon attack when part of the Rocky's was destroyed and showered the area with boulders. One thought crossed Talon's mind as he continued his flight towards the base, probably showing up on their radar by now. 'I'll make them pay, with the Autobots' help they'll pay for all they've done to us. And I'll enjoy every moment of it' his mouth formed into a wicked grin, baring his 2 fangs.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Arcee got a scan on the incoming object, and relayed the following info to the comp of Chromia's shuttle -

The thing's huge... seems to be alive - faintly... almost out of energy... no license plate number, but - it's got Autobot markings! Whoever it is, it's a friendly.