[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch4 Boiling Point- Autobot

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Broken Peace: Ch4 Boiling Point- Autobot

Post by Scout »

When last we left our heroes (in Ch3 Battle scars)...

The Autobots were fortifying their ranks and making preparations.
The transformers had all retreated from Cybertron as Quintessons and a hate plague took over, and they fled to Earth. Upon arrival, the Decepticons established a base in Carbombya and the Autobots established their base in the mountains of Colorado. The Decepticons attacked and retreated, having done and received a great amount of damage. The Autobot scout Hound followed them back, and subsequently fell to an explosion and was captured. The Decepticons reprogramed him and rebuilt him. Eventually he made his way back to the Autobots with Buzzsaw in an effort to follow Galvatron's orders and spy on the Autobots, but Hound was recaptured and a group of Autobots led by Red Alert is still in pursuit of Buzzsaw.

Both factions began searching for other methods to gain energy, with their focus on the eventual retake of Cybertron. The Decepticons made an alliance with the human leader Fakkadi of Carbombya, while the Autobots sent Smokescreen to ease the mistrust among the humans that felt the Autobots had abandoned the Earth to the Decepticons (long ago). The Decepticons sought to prevent the alliance, and captured Smokescreen in order to gain his abilities for their own use.

Optimus Prime meanwhile, has sent a small group of Autobots (called the Wreckers*2) on a mission to Japan to recover Hound's original memory chips, which had been removed by the Decepticon Hook and sent to a technology plant for decoding.

Other areas of action... In/ near medbay, Minerva, Crosshairs, Windslice, Trailbreaker and Ironhide are making preparations for Quick Switch's impending arrival. Springer and Hound are currently unconscious there.

Other small groups are busy making final repairs remaining from the battle, and increasing the security of the Autobot bases. One group has a captured human in custody. The human had been setting radio jamming devices around the Autobot base (see begining of Ch3). All the jammers have now been eliminated.

Nightbeat and his partner have headed to an airport on a tip and will be retrieving Spike from Chip's plant.

If I missed any major points, at some point very soon either someone else or myself will do a synopsis in the Starting Gate- history section, or else send it to me in a PM and I'll edit it in.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

ooc: might as well kick off this new thread :) I'll keep it short for now

In a different part of the Rocky Mountains(what's left of them anyway), we see Talon, the purple gargoyle Minicon working diligently with his friend Rock and the others to repair their house and lab that were destroyed and damaged during the fallout from the recent Autobot/Decepticon battle.

Talon paused a moment to look across the horizon, to where he knew the Autobot base was.

Soon, I'll be joining them again. Soon, we'll take the fight to the Quintessons. Soon, I'll have my revenge...

He quickly returned to his work, eager to finish it and prepare for the battles that would be in his future.
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Scattershot waved his arms at Prowl he had been trying to get prowls attention for over an hour know. It was like he was a goast.

Meanwhile the other four techies took up Beachcomber's request. Afterburner, Nosecone and Strafe when to go help and Lightspeed stayed behind to wait for [/b]Scattershot[/b]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Thanks," Beachcomber said to the three Technobots that followed him. "I appreciate it."

He led the way towards the cargo bay. "Sssso, where have you guys been? I haven't seen you around for a while."

Warpath chimed in, "WHAM! Niether have I!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Cargo Area, Denver International Airport:

Muzzle: -using the enhanced scan mode on the goggles, scanning crates as he walks slowly through the cavernous room- "No....... no......... Huh, so that's what happened to Jimmy Hoffa....... no......... Hmm?" -scans the crate more closely, pushes goggles up, reads the shipping labels on the crate, the seven crates next to it, and the open shipping container on the end of the row, all addressed to Carbombya- "Well, that was easier than I thought it would be..... you'd think they'd have sent a guard." -activates commlink as he starts trying to pry one of the crates open- "I think we struck gold."

Nightbeat: "Really? That was quick. Any guards?"

Muzzle: -finally gets lid off of crate, looks around again- "Don't see any. Probably weren't counting on Hound talking." -looks into crate- "Yup. We have motherload."

Nightbeat: -rolls to a stop next to the cargo container as Muzzle opens the rest of the crates- "What's here?"

Muzzle: "A few crates of energon chips, a few crates of what look like those jamming devices that were fouling our comm systems...... and this." -pulls out of the first crate a small box, opens it- "A disk, a couple of computer chips....." -pulls out a note, opens it- "And a bunch of scribbling."

Nightbeat: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Muzzle: -looks at the pallets the crates are sitting on, grins- "I think so, bubba." -grabs a pallette cart, loads the crates into the cargo container, puts the box with the computerchips and disk on Nightbeat's passenger seat and a case of energon chips and one of the jammer control untis in Nightbeat's trunk, closes and locks cargo container, and reroutes the ship to address to the Autobot base-

Nightbeat: -chuckles as Muzzle gets in and closes the driver's door- "Won't Prime and the others be surprised."

Muzzle: -nods- as he pulls out the note and looks at it again- "What do you think?" -holds it up to the optical scanner on Nightbeat's dashboard-

Nightbeat: -scans note- "It looks like Farsi. Roughly translated, it says 'Translation done, Lord. First two on disk', and it's signed by somebody named Xhen Chiu."

Muzzle: "You get the feeling this just got a whole lot bigger?"

Nightbeat: "Yup."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Sorry Cyborg. Somehow I missed all that.

Prowl caught some movement behind him and to the side. Since Ultra Magnus seemed to be deliberating over what he had said, Prowl turned to Scattershot and motioned him forward. "What assistance can we aid you with?"

==================
Trailbreaker listened and nodded to Ironhide. "Sure thing Ironhide. You call the shots- I'll help."

==================

Mirage wondered briefly if he was really making a lot of noise. He stopped in his tracks and studied the layout ahead. He crouched down and brought his rifle up. Quietly, he responded over his radio. "I'm ready and in position Red Alert."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Forest, outside Fort Max

Red Alert slowed his pace and raised his wrist communicator to his mouth. "Acknowledged, Mirage. Keep your optics open."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Command Center

"You're right, Prowl," Mangus replied, then chuckled. "I should have know it, though. You're always right, aren't you. Now, I suppose that I should stop worrying about what's happened before and begin to work towards the future."

Turning now to face Scattershot, he said, "Speak up, soldier."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridor outside of Medbay:

Ironhide: "Awlrahght, Trailbreaker, get inta medbay an' get yer forcefield generator hooked inta base power. Make sure there ain't no way ta get in there until we're sure a what Quick Switch is intendin'."

Exit lane, Denver International Airport:

Muzzle: "Any idea what a Chip Chase is?"

Nightbeat: "Beats me. Sounds like a flavor of ice cream or something."
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Scattershot sad in a calm voice. "We where currently assissting Humans in there techno indever. But receaved word of assisstance being needed. We are returning to the fight and will help by any means necessary. The Technobot team is at your disposale."

The three techies followed Beachcomber. "So what is the big task at hand?", Asked Strafe
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Beachcomber smiled. "It's not really that big, Strafe," he said. Arriving at the cargo bay, he walked through the automatic doors and gestured at two large crates near the entrance. "I need to get those down to Science Lab Three. They've got some specialized geological sensor modules in there that I need. Bbbbut it's a two-'Bot job to move those big crates, and my second 'Bot's not all that useful."

Warpath, oblivious to the insult he'd just received, agreed. "BLAM! Can't carry things around with this stickin' outta my chest!" He tapped his cannon barrel lovingly.

Beachcomber walked over to one of the crates. "Nnnnosecone, you want to help me with this? Strafe and Afterburner, can you handle the other one?"
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Nosecone lifted one side of the crate while Stafe and Afterburner lifted the others. "I can see we its a two bot job.", joked Nosecone

"Lets get a move one it!" Afterburner Impatent as ever yeled out.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl was very pleased to hear of the help the Technobots were giving the humans, but in his typical fashion all pleasantries were put aside for a disturbing question that suddenly came up.

He got a concerned expression.
"What fight Scattershot?"

----------------------------------

Trailbreaker walked back in to medbay, shrugged with a grin and tried to lighten the mood.
"Ironhide told me ta come back in here and put up a forcefield. Funny that... I didn't think the gas I had earlier was that bad."

<<Transmission>>

"Hello? Come in... Smokescreen to Autobot base..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cargo Bay, Fort Max

Beachcomber heaved on his side of the crate.
"OK, Techies. Wwwwe've gotta go out the door, turn left, and go straight past four cross-corridors." The scientist frowned. "Warpath, you lead the way, OK?"

"ZAP! Sure!" The irritating warrior waved at the others. "Follow me!"

Medbay, Fort Max

Crosshairs frowned. "I thought you said you didn't think a forcefield would help?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Security Center, Fort Max:

Siren: -feet up on console, sound asleep-

Nightbeat: -LOUD crackle of static- "Autobot Base, do you read me?"

Siren: "WAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" -arms and legs fly out as he pitches over backwards in his chair, crashing to the decking, head and shoulders first- "Oooowwwwwwwwww....."

Nightbeat: "I repeat, Autobot Base, do you read me? This is Nightbeat."

Siren: -lurches to knees, left optic squinted shut as he rubs his aching head, hits key on console- "What?"

Nightbeat: "Siren? Why'd they put you in the comm center?"

Siren: "I'm not. It routed in through here for some unknown reason. What do you want?"

Nightbeat: -chuckles- "Woke you from a nap, did I?"

Siren: -growls-

Nightbeat: "I'm calling to let you know that you should be recieving a shipment of energon chips and jammers that were going to Carbombya. And I've got something that we should have examined when I get back. Forward it to Prime, would you?"

Siren: "Can't you tell him in person?"

Nightbeat: "I have to pick up something called a ChipChase first."

Siren: "Yeah, yeah. You get to have all the fun, and I'm stuck here in snoozeville. Don't even have a window to look out of. I'll forward the info to Prime...... Hang on, got another message coming in." -puts Nightbeat on hold, taps key- "Hello, Autobase."

<<Transmission>>

"Hello? Come in... Smokescreen to Autobot base..."

Siren: "Smokescreen, this is Siren! Where are you?!?!?"

(Fixed 5/22/04, 6:22 pm according to the clock on the computer.)
Scout

Post by Scout »

Sorry Quick, we need to move your characters.

All other thoughts forgotten, Quick Switch focused on one thing. He pushed bruskly through the door and forcefully made his way toward medbay, muttering under his breath.

"I'm coming Hound. I'm coming!"

The director was much like a locomotive on its track, but one thing seemed to be set on getting in his way.

Quick Switch fixed on the Medbay door - fully intending to ignore Ironhide as he approached.

===========================
Trailbreaker shrugged again and smiled. "I'm just followin' orders. I have my doubts as ta whether it'll work."

He bent down and plugged a cable from his arm into a base receptacle.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridor outside Medbay:

Ironhide: -steps forward, optics narrowed- "Can't let ya go no further, Quick Switch. We got word you ain't jus' comin' down ta make a social cawl. Ah ain't lettin' you go in there if yer gonna bust th' place up."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Quick Switch's optics blazed.
"Nothing and no one is going to stop me from seeing Hound, Ironhide. That's what I came for."

His vocoder lowered to a menacing tone.
"Now get out of my way."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -activates commlink, subvocal- "Turn it on, Trailbreaker. He ain't come down ta be all nice an' friendly." -deactivates commlink, optics flare as his sensors do an active sweep of Quick Switch, clenches fists- "Ah think that answered mah question. An' Ah ain't movin."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Trailbreaker shot a nervous glance toward the door and turned on his forcefield. "I shure don't know about this."
================
Out in the hall, Quick Switch scowled and attempted to walk past Ironhide.