[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Post by Scout »

Cybertron…

Before the time of the Great War, this place was inhabited by an ancient race of five-faced beings called Quintessons. Their race was numerous, and sought ways to make their existence easier. They saw practicality and logic in the creation and enslavement of other races. They saw need for entertainment, servants and mercantile trade. The complex Quintesson society was ruled over by the Imperial Magistrate, and his followers. Justice for misdeeds or for captured enemies was dispensed by a group of Quintesson Judges called the Quintex.

And so ages came to pass, and their society developed into a massive complex… and they created two lines of technological machines to assist them. The consumer goods were programmed to serve basic requests and to construct other merchandise, while the military hardware line was programmed to defend the Quintesson masters, as well as to serve entertainment purposes in combat.

Better construct devices, newer models with an ability to change form were ordered to be built and tested. But the robots began to develop a sentience in their programming... and something more...

------------------------------------

Military Engineering center 1 on Cybertron:

The loud supervisor’s voice came over the lab speakers.
“Arthaxis! Have you finished on that model yet?”

“Almost Khamir.”

Working the better part of a cycle, the young Quintesson closed an access panel and admired his work. He ran silvery tentacles over the sleek surface of the robot in front of him. “Tomorrow Springer, you will be the greatest champion in the arena. You will bring me fame, and lots of energon chips. A better mix of programming there never has been. A fighter who can follow commands in battle like the product robots and have the fighting capabilities of the military line, yet you look like the dociles! The gamblers will never know what hit them.“ Having finished his work, he set the robot to charge and watched the blue optics light up.

With a soft laugh, he turned the main lights in the lab off and the stationary reserve lights came on, illuminating the green coloring of the big robot.

Hajex looked at the three robots assembled in front of him.

“Twintwist, you have the capability to dig, drill and the knowledge for Cybertronian demolitions. Yes, you’ll do nicely for the construction work needed for the new Iacon central airfield. The Imperial Magistrate wishes more buildings to be constructed. I am sending these other two other constructs as well. Camshaft and Tracks will accompany you. You have both been purchased by a mercenary. The three of you shall report to Gershin for your next orders upon arrival.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gladatorial Arena on Cybertron:
The announcer’s vocoder thrummed over the speakers.
“YES! YES!!! BLUDGEON WINS AGAIN!!”
“Come back next week for a pay spectacular where Bludgeon takes on the Black Convoy!!!!”

The noise of the crowd of Quintessons and other species roared in the stadium as bodies of the less fortunate were dragged from the combat ring.

Back in the holding cells lining the arena, a young robot named Bluestreak watched Bludgeon nervously. Turning towards an adjacent cell wall, he moved up to the grating and spoke quietly through the bars.

“Ironhide, Warcry… tomorrow we train against that one in practice. I wonder if we’ll survive his training. He did in 23 today. Are you ready?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consumer Goods Engineering center 1 on Cybertron:

“A little help here please Perceptor?” An old Quintesson scientist named Therses balanced numerous chemicals above a table holding a brewing beaker of golden fluid. Numerous experimental fluids were around the center and monitoring them required full attention. The red robot had been a wonderful help to the Quintesson scientist.

This assignment was an important one for the combatants in the arena. The assignment was to create a fluid that could temporarily bind to the robotic molecules and form a hardened coating that would be impervious to damage for a short time.

“Quickmix should be back soon with the delivery of the rest of the ingredients. Always dawdling that one. I’ll have to speed up his processor one of these days.”

A Quintesson image popped up on a monitor inside a construction lab room.
“More faulty programming, Graidan. Yermus sent word that a few more robots wandered off or disappeared from the production plant shipping bay.”

“Not to worry. This tracker I’m working on should be able to locate them with no trouble. Tell him we’ll be out and we’ll find them by the end of the shift, right Hound?”

The robot nodded with a smile. “Absolutely.”

“One special order coming up. Okay little one, time to come online.”

A Quintesson engineer named Kivar activated a memory bank and secured a small robot in front of him.

“Small, and a good listener. I think you’ll do well to keep an eye on the production plant for the Inquisitor.”

Kivar watched blue optics light and glow brightly. “Your name will be Bumblebee…. And you will be our spy. We shall see if we need you to perform a sting too.”

Flight Space Center on Cybertron:

“Sunstorm, Afterburner. Patrol quadrant 4D, 3Y. We are expecting 2 Nebulos vessles. Secure and lead them in for landing. Report to ground station 2 when all is clear for refueling.”

Gershin, the Quintesson air space director, waited for a response of acknowledgement. These new models of flying robot were experimental, but seemed to do well. Time would tell. He watched their performance readings. Whichever did better would be the model that continued to function.

“I’ll have Shockwave analyze their data when this run is completed. His logic base is extraordinarily accurate in judging robot performance. Wise descision on the Imperial Magistrate’s part to make him a production overseer.

Production Center 1 on Cybertron:

“Well old timer, one more new robot to guide through training. His name’s Thunderwing and he’s to be the new supervisor here in the plant. We’ll see if he lasts longer than the last one did.”

A Quintesson named Whieth handed Alpha Trion a tablet with data on it. “Use caution. I have heard he can be strict. He is of the military hardware line. You may go now to receive him at the docking bay.

Elsewhere in the production plant….
Quenrsh watched a shipment of new robots arrive with interest. The Quintesson glided over and studied the group. Bright colors on one caught his attention and he chuckled.

“What do you think of number 7 Cerebros? Just off the construction line these are. That one is called Wild Ride. He’s big and looks strong for a construct. We might be able to replace that dysfunctional production unit the crew calls Hot Rod. Too much trouble.”

------------------------------------------------------------
The Imperial City:

"The Inquisitor shall read out the sentence for the accused," the Imperial Magistrate, the five-faced undisputed leader of the Quintessons said, rotating to his Death's Head face as he hovered on his gyro.

"The accused, Military Hardware Construct Spinister, has been charged with the willfull destruction of another construct," the Inquisitor, the mecha-organic second in command of the Quintessons spoke, lashing his innumerable tentacles as he hovered on his own gyro pod.

The third member of the elite Truimverate, the squat Executioner, flexed his long, ball-socketed arms above the Sharkticon Execution Pool, fighting boredom.

medium sized Military Hardware (defensive specialization) stood next to the Imperial Magistrate's dais, hands behind him, looking straight ahead…though his brow was consistently creased and his optics did not stay in one place.

"Has the Imperial Magistrate reached a verdict?" The Inquisitor said, casting a contemptous glance at Spinister, then turning back to his master.

"I have," replied the Quintesson leader.

"Guilty or innocent?" Returned the Inquisitor. The Executioner readied at his station.

"Innocen-" The Imperial Magistrate was cut off as the larger biped broke in-

"Your Excellency, Your Excellency!" the unit spoke in a firm, insistent, but obviously strained vocoder.

"What is it, Red Alert," the fell voice of the Imperial Magistrate broke over the courtroom, and the Inquisitor and Executioner could not resist letting out a few chuckles. The Quintesson leader, himself, sounded almost mirthful.

"Your Excellency, more units have been executed this month than in the Dominion's entire history. This is a- ah, most alarming precedent. "It might agitate the Military and Consumer products lines to revolt!"

"What do you propose?" The Inquisitor interjected.

"This unit, though flawed, may still find use in the Arena," Red Alert said, casting a look at Spinister. "His brutality will win him a following. He will be a great investment and strengthen the economy."

"This is true," the Inquisitor said. The Executioner snorted- oh, that was rich. Ah well. Only a temporary reprieve from the Pool. "The accused is hereby remanded to the Arena, to a remaining existence of oilsport and deadly combat."

"It is so ordered," the Imperial Magistrate clicked to his Death's Head face again.

Red Alert slumped, then shot a glance at Spinister, even as he turned to follow the Triumverate back to their chambers, leaving him on the dock.

He's the beginning of the troubles. But I've got my optics on you REBEL...
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Military Engineering Center Level 1 On Cybertron

As Springer's optics grew brighter and brighter through the dim light, his head began to turned slightly to the right. Beginning to move around a little bit, the fingers on his right hand gradually opened outward from their clenched position a bit to show that he was alive.
--------------------------------------------------

Consumer Goods Engineering Bay On Cybertron

"Why, of course Therses, sir," Perceptor calmly replied as he walked over and helped the Quintesson scientist with setting the chemicals on the table.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Thunderwing stood strictly upright, a part of his military programming left over after his personality override and implanted intelligence chip. He looked around him, his surroundings weren't familiar, there were no other military officers, devices or armaments of any kinda.

In reality the production center was noisy and covered in filth. This was not a place for someone as distinguished such as himself, he did not care for production only authority and somewhere, deep in his sub-routines, power and war.

Military Engineering center 1 on Cybertron:

TwinTwist's body contorted and folded before the blink of an eye, he was standing tall and proud, his robot form fully on show.

"Report to Gershin. Orders ackowledged."
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Consumer Goods Engineering center 1 on Cybertron:

“Your name will be Bumblebee…. And you will be our spy. We shall see if we need you to perform a sting too.”

The small yellow robot nodded at the Quintesson in front of him. Acessing his newly activated data device, he located the entry on spy. In his optical display, the information flashed up:

"One who performs clandestine operations, given by a superior."

As he read and processed this information, he felt that it was his duty to carry out his superiors wishes. After all, he thought to himself, they had given him life.

Production Center Control Room

A bank of screens capable of showing images was built into a wall. Stood before this wall was a giant purple cyclops. Strikingly, he had only one hand. On the end of his left arm was a computer-interface connector. He presently was watching the production lines within Cybertron, paying particular attention to Production Centre 1, where a recent activation showed signs of.....something that Shockwave could not place within the realms of logic. He made a mental note to keep surveilance on this unit.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

A red, yellow and orange transformer was busy moving crates from a corner in the room onto a transport... however, as he was finishing up matters, he found himself in a situation he couldn't stand... "BLAST IT! Every time I try to do my job, what happens? I get BORED, and then I Don't bother with my job! For cybertron sake..." hotrod grumbled... he'd become outright irrate at this point... and he soon found himself with his right fist imbedded in the wall... leaving a large hole behind...

"Aw SLAG IT ALL!" he shouted, walking away from the hole, headed for the facility management's office...

Skies above quadrand 4D-3Y:

"Yea, whatever..." grumbled sunstorm... It had been a week since he'd noticed an anomaly in his systems... his fusion reactor, which powered his systems, (unlike most other transformers, Sunstorm was an experiment in alternative power sources), had gone above and beyond normal operating standards... it hadn't gone critical or anything... but the energy output was so outstanding, Sunstorm had found himself having to keep his distance from his wingmates for his patrols as of late... " Wretched fools, can't do anything right, much less comprehend what they've created..." he muttered under what would have been his breath... he'd been patroling the area now, in his modified pyramid seeker jet mode for close to an earth hour, and it had begun to bore him.

Gladiator Colliseum: Victory Hall: Training room X:

Black Convoy's sword shone brightly... and as the light diminished in the room, it supplied the only light visible, aside from black convoy's own fire-red optics... "Set to training exercise: Bludgeon-maximum difficulty level, damage levels high, failsafes on."

The dozens of drones around the room came to life... and began various attack patterns that were among bludgeon's most well known means... Black convoy had found some difficulty dealing with many... and without the use of his other vision modes, (something he knew bludgeon wouldn't need.... as such, he'd chosen to take a path that would match his opponent... and he hoped, would eventually surpass his opponent), Black Convoy began his dance with death... sawblades that acted as bludgeon's own sword... the drones moved in a seeming blur... but Black Convoy's other senses had heightened significantly in his deprivation of sight... he had in effect, developed a sixth sense.. one which combined sound, scent and touch... taste effectively didn't really exist for him... into a form of perception that allowed him to track his opponent... in a way superior to any single sense, no matter how enhanced...

The program ended... and Black Convoy was covered in gashes... but none deep enough to be of severe concern.... all the drones lay cloven apart in various sectors of the hall... but the most disconcerting thing to Black Convoy was his blade... His "creators" had given him their word that the blade would last through any fight... that its power source would never wane, unlike conventional energo weapons... It had AGAIN failed... just half way into the battle... the sword's energy output dove drastically, leaving Black Convoy to fight the drones with only the steel of the blade... it was no true trouble, but against an opponent such as bludgeon... any strike... needed to be as powerful as possible... and an energo sword was not reliable in terms of power... he would have to see his creator, and "discuss" the cause for the sword's failure... Transforming into a semi-stylized vehicle... rounded out, with a carrier trailer, and he as the front end, he rolled out for the military center across the city...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -strides back to his quarters, his pace measured and steady, ignoring the cheers of the still audible crowd, and enters, first placing his energo-katana in it's rack on the wall, then turning 90 degrees and bowing before an image of the mythical Ultimate Warrior, then kneels on the floor and starts to meditate, knowing that Battle Convoy is a strong opponent, and also knowing that the time has come to reveal more of his Metallikato training, yet not thinking about what could happen-

Ironhide: "'Course we c'n take him, Bluestreak. Awl he's got's a gun an' a sword. Ain't lahke he's a Guardian Unit'r nothin'."

Tracks and Camshaft: -salute, transform to vehicle mode, and head for the construction site-

Tracks: "I can understand the mercenary purchasing me. After all, I am, without a doubt, the most spectacular being on this planet."

Camshaft: -sighs- "We were bought by a mercanary, Tracks. Not an art lover. Mercenaries fight. I hate fighting."

Tracks: "Petty jealousy will get you nowhere, Camshaft. And who says that a mercenary can't enjoy a piece of art like me."

Camshaft: -muttering- "You're a piece of something, all right......"

Tracks: "I heard that."

Production Center 1:

Wild Ride: -looking around- "Nice and open in here. High ceilings, too. And ceiling support struts...." -looks back at Cerebros and Quenrsh- "So what exactly will I be doing?"
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Military Engineering Center Level 1

Switching faces to his green face, Arthaxis had glided out from the construction lab and moved down a long hall towards the security center in search of the construct that had been serving as a watch. Finally spotting him, Arthaxis hovered over.

"Kup. I have a special construct project going on in my work area. I would like you to monitor that station to insure that no... accidents occur. There may be those who do not wish for competition. Do not fail."
---------------
Consumer Goods Engineering center 1
Kivar watched Bumblebee activate and then attached charging cables to the small figure.

A commotion caught his attention. A colleague of his, named Yuris, had two constructs bring a beaten construct in. A large gash sizzled and sparked across the construct's forehead.

Kivar turned his attention toward Yuris.
"Another failure Yuris?"

"Yes. It was inevitable. The processor wasn't ready. My figures indicate a unit would need a processor with 132 times the capability of what we currently install for monitoring the entire movements within the Cybertronian air space. But I have not given up on Praxis. He will succeed when I repair him with the new parts, and I will give him the ability to transmit information. The next trial run will be successful."

Kivar chuckled. "Rules for resubmission do not exist. All dysfunctional units must be destroyed."

Yuris changed to a red face. "He will be a different unit by morning, and he will be called Prowl. Perhaps he will even outdo Shockwave."

Kivar found his colleague's persistance amusing, but it was time to go. "I will leave Bumblebee here for recharging and to assist you. Have a good dark cycle."
------------------
Flight Space Center on Cybertron:
Gershin sent a message to Shockwave. "Evaluate incoming data on two jets and determine most efficient model."

Then when he had finished, he turned to the field and pressed a button on a control panel for the speaker system. "Astrotrain, report to central office. You have been purchased."

He clicked off and flicked his tentacles in agitation while he waited for the arrival of TwinTwist, Tracks, Astrotrain and Camshaft. "This mercenary must be very wealthy."
------------------
Hound sat studying data files, absorbing all of the information he was presented with.

"Blitzwing- experimental three form changer... military capabilities. Eeesh. He's a big guy. Ultra Magnus... he's big too. Energy sigs match these here... sure sure. I can do this."

I hope all I have to do is find them and not fight them.
-------------------
Consumer Goods Engineering Bay
Therses was pleased. Perceptor was doing extraordinarily well with all assigned tasks. He would make a splendid technician.

"Perceptor, I am going to retire for the dark cycle. You may have access to work with all chemicals and data within the lab save those in the grey cabinet."
Bombshell

OOC: And here we go...

Post by Bombshell »

Military Engineering Center Level 1

Kup nodded at Arthaxis.

"I'll make sure nothing happens over there," he said. "Maybe I'll even teach those young 'bots the difference between a power wrench and a flux recalibrator."
Flight Space Center on Cybertron

The purple and black mechanoid the Quintessons had named Astrotrain headed towards the central office, eager to please his new buyer.
Outskirts

Ultra Magnus clutched a laser welder in one hand. Granted, it wasn't exactly a Quintesson standard issue weapon, but it was all that he could acquire when he decided to leave the production plant. Although he knew that his act was criminal, and that he would most likely face deactivation, there was some voice in the back of his head that was telling him that what he was doing was...right.

"You know you're going to get caught, you know?" came a angry voice from beside him. "And I hope that when they do, the Quintessons allow me the pleasure of tearing your body apart screw by screw."

Magnus shot a smirk. "Well, Blitzwing, if the Quints ever find me, I'll just use you as a shield. After all, I doubt that they'd damaged one of their new "experimental" models."

OOC: Scout, let me know if this needs to be edited. :)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Gladitorial Arena, Gladiator Wing:

Bludgeon: -meditating still before the image of the Ultimate Warrior-

Automated combat drone 1: -detaches itself form the wall, silent as a ghost, activating energo-sword-

Automated combat drone 2: -steps forward from the shadowed recharging alcove, energo-trident at the ready, also silent-

Automated combat drone 3: -unfolds itself from beneath Bludgeon's sword rack, taking his energo-katana and activating it-

Bludgeon: -hears the activation of the energo-katana, rolls forward as the katana slices the air where his head was moment ago, kicks out, knocks drone 3 back into the sword rack, then rolls to his feet-

Drones 1 and 2: -fan out as Drone 3 crashes to the floor in the remnants of the sword rack, bring guns up, fire-

Bludgeon: -ducks again as the blasts blow large holes in the wall behind him, pulls his shield off of his back, flings it, sharp edge on, embedding it in the head of the first drone, shattering it's cranial casing and crushing it's cerebral circuitry-

Drone 2: -charges forward, energo-sword raised-

Bludgeon: -moves forward to meet the drone, hands snapping out to grab the drone's upraised arm, finding the right grip, and shattering the elbow, then grabs the drone's lower arm and forces the blade through the drone's torso, then flings the drone through the air to crash into the remnants of the first drone-

Drone 3: -has managed to regain it's feet in the 3 seconds that have elapsed since it got knocked into the rack, brings energo-katana up into first attack position-

Bludgeon: -spins, hands already moving, a crackling sphere of energy forming between them, growing to equivalent size of a bowling ball(a TF sized bowling ball, that is)- "Kyu...zin...."

Drone 3: -charges forward, swinging for Bludgeon's body-

Bludgeon: "HAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!" -flings the ball of energy at the drone-

Drone 3: -hit by the energy ball, starts convulsing wildly as electricity grounds through it's body, panels exploding from it's body, finally erupting as it's energon store goes up, the explosion flinging Bludgeon's energo-katana through the air, tumbling end over end, stopping a milimeter from impacting with the wall-

Bludgeon: -left hand out, face for the first time showing a sign of strain- "Nnn....."

Energo-katana: -vibrating in air, starts to slowly edge towards Bludgeon, wavering in the air-

Bludgeon: -face showing more strain, lips parting in a grimace-

Energo-katana: -drifts closer, still just tantalizingly out of reach-

Bludgeon: -wincing now in pain, feeling like his mind, spark, and spirit are being simultaneously pulled in three directions at once and crushed in together-

Energo-katana: -lands, pommel first in his hand-

Bludgeon: -deactivates energy blade, lubricant pouring down his face, pain receptors flaring, turns back to the image of the Ultimate Warrior, kneels before it and places the katana on the floor- "Grant that this unworthy may more fully represent your true ideals." -returns to his meditative state, going ever deeper into his trance, seeking, as ever, contact with the Ultimate Warrior-

Flight Space Center, Cybertron:

Tracks and Camshaft: -drive onto the space center's grounds, transform-

Camshaft: "This guy does know I'm just a recon unit, right?"

Tracks: "How should I know? Look, I'll wow him with my beautiful design, and naturally whoever bought us will want me to be his personal transport, and I can, in my magnanamous and forgiving way, have you assigned to be my escort unit. That way, you'll be able to benefit from the asthetic value of being near me, and it will doubtless help your resale value."

Camshaft: -looks at Tracks- "Are you nuts? We're both military hardware. He didn't buy us to look pretty, he bought us to go shoot things!"

Tracks: "Well, the first time I get even the slightest scratch as a result of working for him, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind."

Camshaft: "Give him a piece of your......" -realization dawns on him- "You're worried, aren't you."

Tracks: -shrugs- "Of course I'm worried." -shudders- "You realize that with our luck, whoever bought us is a slime-dripping type who will just ruin my finish."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry sat, legs crossed, with his sword on the ground in front of him. His meditation inturrupted by Bluestreak and Ironhide, he activated his optics.
"I am ready."
The warrior got to his feet, smoothly sheathing his blade as he did so.
"We will irradicate him."
Quickmix ran into the lab, nodding hastily at Therses and Perceptor. He placed several vials of different-coloured liquids on the table.
"Sorry I'm late," he said. "I was...delayed."
Afterburner sighed with resignation, then slowly got to his feet.
"As you wish, Gershin."
Configuring himself for flight, the unit headed for the given co-ordinates. However, he made quite sure to stay as far away as possible from his...bizarre wingman.
Don't feel like suffering a critical systems failure today. Though that would get me out of escort duty...
Chuckling to himself, he activated his comm.
"Sunstorm, do you see this transport anywhere? It does not seem to be present on my scopes yet."
Noting Wild Ride's activation on his datapad, Cerebros turned to Quenrsh. "He seems adequate. Somewhat out of porportion, though."
Spinister remained quiet throughout the entire charade of a trial.
He remained silent when the verdict was read.
He remained silent when Red Alert burst in.
He remained silent when his fate was announced.
As the paranoid mech shot him a parting glance, Spinister gave him a slight nod of thanks.
If I survive my time in the arena, I will owe my survival to that one. Perhaps the day will come when his masters will rue that...
He stepped forward, ready to be dragged off to the arena.
He would, of course, go silently.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Secluded and quiet. That was the way Kelvar preferred his lab. No whitless assistants running around to get in the way; no clueless beaurocrats looking over his shoulder and ruining experiements. Yes, it was in these conditions that the specialist scientist did his most superb work, especially his latest...

Kelvar was busilly working at one of his computers, working with a specific block of his project's programing. His latest specimine was all but finished, asside from some special attention he was now giving to it. It deserved it, he felt. His experiments often revolved around re-engineering damaged robots, usually simply scrapped because they were no-longer of any use to anyone. It was a wonder that he'd recieved clearance for his experiments in the first place, probably the fact that many thought he'd never have any success, and partly perhaps that he had lowered himself to advertising it as a way to save a little space in the scrap yards...

His latest experiment had focused on working with the robots in a stage that was commonly now refered to as a 'protoform', more common with the newer transforming models. Out of all his specimines for this experiment, only one had survived, but he gathered much valuable data from the ones that went off line, and it was one more specimine that wouldn't have survived on it's own without Kelvar's intervention. He could tell this one was special from the others; it deserved an actual name, he decided as he continued to work the block of programing. Specimine #25 of 72 simply would not do...
TFArchive RPG Team

Military Engineering center 1

Arthaxis bobbled in affirmation. "See to it Kup. The young construct project's name is Springer. He is to be protected at all costs. Tomorrow he will be tested to see if he can become a feature gladiator. There are some who would not desire the competition. Be alert. It looks like you will have company arriving to that wing at any rate." He tapped a tentacle on a monitor showing Black Convoy's approach.

And with that, Athaxis left the room.
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Gladatorial Arena

Bluestreak listened hard to Ironhide and Warcry but his own fuel pump's rhythm made their vocoders sound distant. He had to drown out the pumping noise, so he began to talk mostly to himself, telling stories from the factory where he had been working. "...all was well until our quota of tile plating came up short. And then we were culled. The Quintesson inventory chief said that the plant workers were under producing, even though we worked with only quarter cycle breaks for recharging. But instead of smelting us, they said first we would earn the income that we had lost for them by fight training. Then we would be recycled. But I don't want to be melted down and I don't want to fight. I remember one time back in the factory when two of the other workers had a disagreement..."
Two Quintessons watched Bludgeon over monitors within the colliseum security area.

"Impressive."
"Yes. It is 89.76% likely that this construct will be the victor in the next battle."
"Indeed. But we must assure it."
"Agreed. Raise the favored one to be Black Convoy. Entice the crowd by offering them both ceremonies."
*Both Quintessons chuckled*
"The hard metal shelled one called [b[Ironhide[/b]. Let us give him to Bludgeon and give the speedy one called Bluestreak to Black Convoy."
"What of the third in the holding cell?"
"He will be a matinee feature in the next light cycle. A trial fight against a new gladiator model called Springer."
-------------------------
-------------------------
Consumer Goods Engineering center 1

Therses paused as Quickmix hurried in. The slow-processing construct was a tentacleful. No other Quintesson would have tolerated the tardiness, but Therses knew the value of patience with experiments- constructs included. Further, Quickmix seemed to have the capability to be very precise with his chemical formulas. Ignoring the tardiness, Therses addressed the rest of the tasks.

"Quickmix, make certain that your experiments are running smoothly. Perceptor has current orders. I will see you in the mid-light cycle."

Therses turned and floated out of the engineering center room.
Hound made his way outside the engineering center and began heading toward the main production plant in the hopes he could pick up the missing constructs' trails. Blitzwing, Ultra Magnus, Jazz. Three of them... a heavy goods worker, a military patrol officer and an internal security officer. Strange how they just wandered off. Ah well. I'll find them and then they will get repaired.
Yuris continued to work on repairing Prowl. Every once in a while, he would change faces and assess the construct. After a while, he affixed a red receiver to the robot's forehead and plugged the robot in to charge. Once he had finished, he turned his attention toward Bumblebee. He ran his tentacles over a work chart as he examined it.

"Well now. Kivar has been busy, but why such a small construct? Certainly this won't be of much use in the manufacturing plant. Strength seems like it would be limited. Information gatherer? Not as good as Prowl. Another waste of time and materials. One of these cycles, he will learn."

Yuris turned back to check on Prowl. "Excellent. He is reactivating. By the next dark cycle he should be ready for testing again. I will go now and come back later."

Flight Space Center

Two incoming aircraft eased their way down through the outer air space and began an easy drift toward the air center.

Aboard, the lead craft, a fine-featured tall Nebulon studied the Cybertronian scape with interest.
"Amazing. Simply amazing. Maybe while I'm here this time, a show or two might be in order. Their creations have gotten to be more and more advanced."
Gershin was pleased with the shape of the arriving constructs. Camshaft, Tracks and Astrotrain all looked clean and presentable.
"Excellent. Most excellent. Your new owner should be here shortly."

Then he turned to Twin Twist. "Twin Twist, you will be responsible for creating a new landing area with another construct by the name of Grapple. You will find him out in the field on the D sector side of the center along with our communications construct named Blaster. There have been recent sightings of malfunctioning constructs near the outer perimeter of the air field. If you see any other constructs approaching in that area, you should report to Blaster and he will dispatch a message to the main security center.
----------------------------------------
Outskirts
Grapple glanced around at the wide area outside the perimeter fence. "I could have sworn I saw movement way out there Blaster. A black and white construct I think. But I don't see it now."

Production Center 1

(Hot Rod is going to encounter Shockwave?)
Quenrsh bobbed to Cerebros in acknowlegement. "He will make do. We must meet our supply quota this turn or the Imperial Magistrate will have us all recycled."

"Wild Ride, you will be loading and unloading stock crates." Cerebros, see to it that he learns the task quickly. I will expect a report in the next light cycle."
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Military Engineering Center 1

Kup nodded as Arthaxis left the room, then started off towards his work area to begin his supervision duties. He had heard about Springer, and found him to be a cheerful bot. Hopefully he would be a perfect gladiator.
Consumer Goods Engineering Center 1

Internal Energon Levels at 67% and rising....72%....81%....90%....100%.

Prowl's optical sensors began to flutter, and he slowly looked around the room, stopping when he came across Bumblebee.

"What....what happened?"
Astrotrain stood erect and aleart, a smile across his face, pleased to begin his new role for his new owner.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry nodded, pretending to care about Bluestreak's ramblings. Unlike his high-strung counterpart, death held no fear for him. It was an inevitable result of combat, after all. In effect, it was what he was built for. To deal it, and, eventually, to recieve it.
I just don't understand these consumer goods...
Quickmix nodded. "Yes, sir."
He stepped to a sensor station, looking over the readings scrolling across the display there. It took a few moments for him to realize that he had no idea what they were readings of.
"What exactly are we experimenting on today, Perceptor?"
Cerebros nodded to Quenrsh. "As you wish."
He turned to the other construct. "Follow me, Wild Ride. The loading docks are this way."
TFArchive RPG Team

Production Center 1 (production line)
The inventory manager's anger intensified as schedules fell behind.

"WORTHLESS, DISFUNCTIONAL pieces of scrap metal! WOrk faster!"
Tentacles lashed out angrily with energon whips, cleanly severing the heads off of two constructs.

Most of the robots continued working without appearing to take much notice, but one unfortunate yellow one glanced up in shock.

Immediately a tentacle hauled him out of his work chair and the whip came down in furious blows. Shards of his optics shattered across the floor as the lethal weapon bit into his metallic skin.

The construct's screams echoed through the work area and then abruptly ended as he too was beheaded.
StoneCold Skywarp

TwinTwist acknowledged the orders given him and made his way to meet Grapple in sector D. Something started to twig in his program as he walked to his destination, something...

Thunderwing let out an audible measure of frustration and annoyance.

Why must I be kept waiting, this will not be tolerated any longer

Thunderwing tried to move, but found his actions impeded by energy bindings.

"Unacceptable!"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"Military hardware.... I will do my best" Alpha Trion took the tablet and nodded to Whieth his Quintesson supervisor and turned away. Alpha Trion was consumer goods but one of the first changed from the generic robot and one of the few left still unable to transform. He looked at the tablet reading the information. He had dealt with constructs like this before. This one would be no different. Alpha Trion nodded self assurance and the wise looking robot began to walk for the entrance bay.

"It is acceptable if our masters see it as such" Alpha Trion spoke to the now impatient Thunderwing. "I am Alpha Trion, I am the one who will be showing you around"

~~~~

Blaster was distracted by the primitive beat of a few humming computers it was somewhat soothing to him. He came around as Grapple spoke to him and he shook his head. "I didn't see anything"
StoneCold Skywarp

"This is hardly suitable for a robot as highly ranked as I..."

Thunderwing pulled forwards on his restraints.

"I suggest you release these that bind me...or it will indeed be a lengthy process of 'showing me around'"
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Consumer Goods Engineering Center 1

Perceptor nodded as Therses left, and turned his attention to Quickmix.

"It seems that, with the combination of the ingredients present in this lab and with those brought by you," Perceptor said, "we are supposed to create some sort of protective shielding substance for the gladiatoral battles."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Gladiator Arena, Gladiator Wing, Bludgeon's Quarters:

Bludgeon: -deeper in his trance, seemingly unaware of the second drone rising shakily and stumbling forward, energo-trident still protruding from it's chest, takes a step forward-

Bludgeon's shield: -rises from the floor, lubricant dripping from it, slammed into the damaged drone from behind, knocking it forward-

Bludgeon: -in one fluid move, grabs and activates energo-katana, rolls to feet, beheads the drone, returns to kneeling position, deactivating energo-katana and placing it before him again as his shield whispers through the air and lands on his back, never leaving his trance state.........

Bludgeon drifted in his meditative state, letting his consciousness wander, seeking depths deeper than even the adepts of Metallikato had achieved, seeking contact with the Ultimate Warrior, the founder of the mystical arts that were Bludgeon's true devotion.
What he got instead, was a vision: First, an image of a sword. It bore a resemblence to his current energo-katana, but he could sense no power source for it, yet he also knew that, by the time he was ready for it, this sword would be far more lethal in his hands. Then, an image of himself, inside an outer shell. An armored, bipedal shell, it's back to him, it's gauntleted fists wrapped around the pommel of the katana as he moved through hordes of opponents like a wind, striking again and again as his opponents fell in pieces. Then his future self turned to face him, and beneath the helmet, he saw his true face.
The face of Death.

Gladiator Arena, The Cells:

Ironhide: -trying to calm down Bluestreak- "Look, kid, yer gonna do fahne. Jus' don't let it get to ya. Ya gotta remember ta keep movin'. Ya stay far enough back, they ain't gonna touch ya with a sword, and ya got a better chance 'a dodgin' th' shots. An' yer gonna have a gun of yer own, so shoot back." -chuckles- "Gotta remember, what th' crowd wants is a good show." -thinking to self- 'Ah can't believe they'd toss him in here with no trainin' at awl. Kid'll get slaughtered if he don't calm down... If Ah get th' chance, Ah better make sure he don't get killed.......'-decides to change subject- "You think how you got tossed in here was bad? Ah got tossed in here fer savin' th' lahfe a th' Quint that had me tossed in here. 'Course, shovin' him into a Guardian Unit's inspection hatch an' closin' th' hatch cover on his tentacles ain't a good way ta make friends. But conciderin' whut th' explosion woulda done ta him, some squished tentacles ain't nothin'."

Flight Space Center:

Tracks: -looking proud, armor gleaming, like a robot/transport for a true leader-

Camshaft: -clean, presentable, and looking slightly nervous-

Production Center 1:

Wild Ride: "Loading and unloading boxes. Got it." -hears, off in the distance, the whipping, breaking, and tearing of Cybertronian alloys and the choked off cries of agony, narrows optics slightly- "Does that happen often?"