[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Fort Max

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs was heading towards Fort Max when he noticed the wounded Roadbuster. Hitting the brakes, he stopped beside the other Autobot.
"You don't look too good."
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Sixshot, with his momentum, had no other choice but to take the damage. Flying up just in time, though, caused the axe to simply live a minor gash down the center of his stomach in his wolf mode. Upon landing and skidding for about two hundred feet, he quickly transformed into his robot mode, the wound showing in the middle of his torso area.

"You just had to go there, didn't you?" the Decepticon six-changer asked in an angry tone. "You could not just accept your defeat and reach the quick and painless end which I was offering you? No, you couldn't; you wouldn't. It is too late for you to turn back now; at least don't count on it. Now, I assure you, I will enjoy this just as much as you will regret it provoking me."

With that, Sixshot began to walk closer and closer as he drew out his hypersonic concussion blaster and began firing at Skyfall Omega.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -stops, looking at Crosshairs' battered condition- "Neither..... do..... youuuuu......" -optic band flickers, winks out as Roadbuster crashes to his knees, then lands flat on his face, systems in an unstable stasis lock-
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: Sorry for the absence guys- friend of mine died late last week and I've been away at the funeral.

Trailbreaker nodded to Wreck-Gar as boulders from the shattered mountain peaks rained down and bounced off of his force field. "I've heard some country music that'll do that, and when Jazz or Blaster play loud enough, the effect on the crew is similar."

Minutes passed and the falling debris turned to a dusty cloud. Trailbreaker dropped the forcefield and clapped Wreck-Gar on the shoulder. "Feel like playing 52 card pick-up?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The Junkion leader flashed a grin at Trailbreaker.

"As long as we leave the Jokers out of the deck," he snickered. "We don't know how they'll affect the game."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs transformed, then dropped to his knees beside Roadbuster. He quickly tried to check the other Autobot for signs of life, but stopped when he realized that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.
Activating his com unit, he sent out an all-frequencies broadcast.
"This is Crosshairs, two miles north of Fort Max. I've got Roadbuster with me, and he needs medical help now! Any available medics, please respond!"
I certainly hope they've got that communications problem sorted out...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Fort Max Med Bay

Magnus slammed his fists against the communications console.

"Slag it!" he shouted. "Is this thing busted or something?!"

He pressed a few buttons and tried again.

"This is Ultra Magnus to anyone that can hear me! Is there ANYONE out there?!"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Wheeljack let out a deep sigh...

"Listen, Aeroblade. when it comes to weapons, by the time I get the blasted thing finished, it ends up being field tested... IN COMBAT... I usually don't have the luxury of testing any of my weapons in a controlled environment... so excuse ME for saving us all..."

With that wheeljack transformed, and tore off for fortress maximus... it had never happened before when he was lectured, much less outright yelled at about lack of testing... he couldn't help it... it wasn't HIS fault that his projects were never tested before the field because time didn't allow it... sething, he arrived back at fortress... transforming, he stared at the behemoth...

"Oh great." he spotted the massive hole in fortress' chest caused by black zarak's stinger...

"this is gonna take WEEKS to repair!" he groaned.

"Well... I'll deal with this myself for now... if they can get metroplex up and running again, fortress won't be too much of a problem
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade watched as Wheeljack took off, feeling kinda bad. He hadn't meant to snap at him - the stress of the situation, and probably his own habits, had gotten the better of him. Aero Blade transformed and followed after the direction he went.

Stratus watched as his partner took off. He turned to the other minicons, namely Wreckage. "We'd better go after them," he told the others.

After a short while, Aero Blade finally came upon Fort Max. He landed nearby, transforming back to robot mode and observed the damage, mostly the big hole. "That could take days to fix..." Aero Blade thought outloud. After a moment he spotted Wheeljack. He hesitated, then went over to the older Autobot, stopping a short distance away.

"I'm sorry..." He started slowly. "...I'm not much of an inventor, I just fix and build things from blueprints, so I can't figure what you must go through..." He turned away from Wheeljack slightly. "The thought alone of building weapons makes me ill, but that they could detonate..." He left it hanging there. He didn't know what else to say. He suspected to get a good verbal thrashing from the older Autobot in return for what he'd said earlier, and he felt as though he deserved it, so he waited for what was to come.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Another sigh, and a slump later, wheeljack straightened, and replied...

" Pressure is part of the game now, so don't worry about it. It's the first time anyone's had the guts to say that to me... maybe with you around now, aeroblade, I might be able ta get projects done faster.. much less have TIME to test 'em. " sighing again , he turned to face the younger autobot...

"But all that's gonna have ta wait... we gotta.." wheeljack was interrupted by a skwawky communique...

"Ultra Magnus? I can barely make ya out, come back. Chance frequency to 125.08."
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Until Swoobot comes back or someone else picks up Ratchet...

"Ultra Magnus! This is Ratchet. We've suffered a massive attack and we're all picking up pieces out here. The Decepticons are retreating, but if you're feeling up to helping some of the injured get moved inside, we could sure use a pair of hands that are still attached."

Ratchet clicked off and then caught Crosshairs' call for help. "I hear you Crosshairs! I'm on my way."
He transformed and rushed towards the location he had been given.

---------------
Traxx- no swearing please. :) Use 'tfisms' like 'slag' or similar.
Cliffjumper narrowly avoided the extra blasts from the departing figure of KatasTrofiK. The spunky little minibot yelled out after him. "If he is, we'll all make sure you wind up there first!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreckage shrugged his shoulders, and headed out after Stratus.

"Is he always like that?" Knock Out asked.
"Right," Ultra Magnus responded to Ratchet, then switched frequencies to 125.08 and responded to Wheeljack.

"I'm on my way to assist some of the wounded. Ratchet tells me that there's been a big battle around these parts. Perhaps when I've got things taken care of, you can let me know how much I've missed. Magnus out."

He shut off the communicatior, and headed out towards Ratchet's position.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs replied to Ratchet, "Hurry. I don't know how he survived this long with damage like this."
He looked, somewhat uncomfortably, down at the damaged Roadbuster.
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

(OOC- Because Swoobot is out of town this week, he has asked me to take care of the Aerialbots for him.)

The Aerialbots had fought a lot throughout the battle, helping to intercept other Decepticon flyers. Quickly, though, as the pack flew in a V-formation, they noticed that Ratchet was attending those that were wounded. They flew over and, upon getting close to the ground, transformed into their robot modes.

"Ratchet, do you need any help?" Silverbolt asked as he saw the Autobot medic working on the injured.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger, Cryotek and Piranacon returned to Metrotitan.

"You all go get your repairs. I will be around." Hatemonger added landing at the base.

Piranacon disengaged and the Secons and Cryotek went off to get seek repairs.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Inside Roadbuster's head:

Roadbuster: -optic band blinks a couple of time, puts a hand to his head- "Ow......"

Dinobot: -kneeling next to him, looking even more spectral than usual- "It would appear that I did choose a good host, indeed..... if a somewhat unstable one."

Roadbuster: "Wha...."

Dinobot: "I've been stabilizing you, trying to keep you from doing something.... rash."

Roadbuster: -narrows optic band- "Like making Prime pay for what he did to Springer......" -clenches fists-

Dinobot: "NO! It was an accident, you know that as well as I!"

Roadbuster: -glaring at Dinobot- "Do you know what it feels like to be the last of your kind? I shouldn't be the last of the Wreckers. It should be Springer, or Whirl, or Topspin. Maybe even Twin Twist or Rack 'n Ruin. But not me."

Dinobot: "You are a Survivor, just as they were. You also knew when you needed to help the others. You should not feel guilty about that. That's why you survived their destruction in Unicron. That's why you survived the fight against the Chaos Matrix."

Roadbuster: "And what do I do when the war ends, hmm? I don't exactly picture myself in a retirement community with a bumpersticker reading 'DunWreckin'!"

Dinobot: "This is why you are the perfect host. You are like me.... but you are on your own now. I cannot stabilize you anymore. If I had a spark, even a fragment of one, I could do more. But being little more than a trace of memory, what I have done has taxed me to my limits.... possibly beyond. But you must use what little control you have left to stabilize the stasis lock. If you do not we are both dead!" -sags- "And I find that I, too, do not wish to die. Even this mockery of life is, truly, still life."

Roadbuster: "You've...."

Dinobot: "Been keeping you from doing something stupid, yes. Now concentrate and stabilize your stasis lock, or you won't even be a Survivor anymore."

Roadbuster: -starts concentrating, reaching out from his survival center to try to stabilize his systems- "Primus.... so much damage.... that EMP blast did more to me than I thought it did." -concentrates harder- "Almost....... got it! The stasis lock is as stable as I can get it, which isn't much better than it was."

Dinobot: "Good. Perhaps you should rename the group the Survivors, after all."

Roadbuster: -thinks for half a second- "Nah. Technically there's only one of us, and 'Survive and Run' is a lousy battle cry."
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Ratchet began working quickly on Roadbuster. "Easy does it now Roadbuster. We'll get those panels fixed up and working in no time."

Ratchet worked steadily and carefully, patching up severed wiring and stabilizing circuitry routes. After Silverbolt appraoched, the medic gave a fast nod.

"You and your team can help best by helping locate any other injured and getting them back to either medbay. Once I have Roadbuster stabilized, we'll go back."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs began to pace, idly rubbing his damaged shoulder. With no small amount of discomfort, he watched Ratchet work.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ultra Magnus arrived at Ratchet's position.

"I'm here," he said. "What do you want me to do?"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Bluestreak sat idle in the outpost as the battle came and went he was shell shocked most of the battle. After watching Ultra Magnus, Prowl and Quickswitch get shot down so recently after having to evacute Cybertron it was as if the Decepticon attacks had just hit his home again. He didn't know how to react apart from stay low and not get shot. As the blasts slowed down and the battles that had errupted around the Autobot encampent settled down he was like a small animal creeping out of their hiding spot after a cold winter stepping out of the outpost door looking around. A few laser shots had burned into the walls of the building as he looked around then quickly started walking towards Fort Max. He pulled out his Ion-charge Disperser just incase any Decepticons were lingering around. He stepped carefully as he moved forward looking around cautipusly. He was either alert or paranoid but either way he was ready for anything

~~~~

Sunstreaker was firing shots off at retreating decepticons with a grin "Yeah that's right, keep running" He spat off as he let another shot ring out in their direction.