[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Decepticons

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing transformed to jet mode.

"Shockwave- our objective has been completed. Let us away!"

Thunderwing's shell wresteled Smokescreen on board and inside Thunderwing's cockpit.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave reactivated as Thunderwing completed his sentence.

Getting up from the rubble around him, he saw Jetfire closing, and firing at him.

He transformed slowly, and fired an infra-red beam at his adversary.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"NO! My radar!!!" Jetfire yelled as he veered left. The infrared beam had masked his visuals. Comettor rushed forward to the cockpit yelling directions as Jetfire rolled sideways. "Jetfire- right wing down, flaps in, increase speed."

Jetfire trusted the little minicon's directions and regained some altitude. After righting himself several air miles off, Jetfire assessed his situation.
"Comettor, I can't get visuals. Call the base. We need help."

The minicon picked up the communicator. "This is Comettor calling. We're under Decepticon attack and need backup. Come in!"
They were after Smokescreen- not the UN.
With that realization, Mirage turned himself invisible and ran toward Thunderwing's tail. With a spring, he aimed to snag it and hold on.
Inside the cockpit, Smokescreen struggled and tried to wrest free of the shell. "Let me go!"
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave would have brought Soundwave along, so that he could jam any maydays coming from Jetfire, but the mission was a success.

"Thuderwing prepare for our evacuation of this area. Jetfire has been incapacitated, therefore the air space is unprotected. Counterpunch, disengage from your diversionary attack and depart with us." commanded the purple cyclops.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing's cockpit closed and he activated his engines.

"Do shut up," he called out, as the Pretender shell clamped both hands around the Autobot's mouth. With that, Thunderwing took off.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Galvatron touched down on Carbombyan soil a few hours later, entering Metrotitan promptly.

Hurling Cyclonus' body into a wall for Metrodrones to pick up, Galvatron stalked to his quarters.

Starscream waited just inside.

"I take it the operation did not go well?"

Galvatron, seething, actually paid Starscream the courtesy of a smile, before punching him square in the face, caving in the cowardly jet's features in a sickening crunch.

"I know this won't make much sense to you, you simpering IDIOT but the attack was not my fault. On the contrary, do you know who I'm going to blame for this, Starscream?"

Starscream, functionally having no face after the punch, could only writhe and gurgle in pain as his body slammed into the floor.

"Why, you, of course," Galvatron said. Drawing back one of his massive feet, Galvatron reared back and kicked, viciously, into Starscream's side, denting and warping the torso frame. Sparks and bits of metal flew.

Galvatron's face was a bizarre mixture of wrath and glee as he continued to break the treacherous jet.

"I don't even know why I revieved you, you pathetic, sniveling, cowardly TREASONOUS MORON!" The Decepticon Leader stamped on the jet's knees, shattering them, and grinding them into the floor for good measure. After which, he picked up the former air commander, and snapped both his arms with his own hands as if they were twigs.

Galvatron slammed Starscream into a wall, then leaned in close (not knowing, of course, that Starscream could no longer hear him) and growled:

"I remember now. You are such a pleasure to KILL."

Galvatron transformed to cannon mode and, without further ado, proceeded to vaporize Starscream's body. Nothing remained of the jet except a pile of ash.

Galvatron transformed back to robot mode, very, very content.

"Now, wasn't that a galvanizing experience?"

Galvatron threw back his head and let loose a lunatic guffaw which carried throughout the command wing.

Even as the Metrodrone brought the status report alerting Galvatron's arrival (and of course defeat of the ill-conceived attack) Astrotrain heard the laughter. His face hardened, and he rose.

"Excuse me," he said to Lokos, walking out the door. "Don't follow," he said to Ramjet firmly. "Tell all visitors to wait and I will see to them after...present business is accomplished."

The Admiral-Administrator walked out the door without another word.

The Triple Changer started the relatively short walk to Galvatron's quarters and "office".
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lokos simply stared at the wall, too absorbed in his own thoughts (and Squeezeplay's) to answer as Astrotrain walked out.
Ramjet's jaw dropped slightly. He started to protest, but thought better of it.
Not even I could protect him from that... he thought. The Conehead shivered slightly at the memory of Galvatron's insane acts all those years ago on Charr.
Besta luck, boss.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"My Lord?" Astrotrain said as the quarters door chamber opened.

(Galvatron liked to think of himself as "accessible" to his loyal minions, after all.)

"Astrotrain!" Galvatron said, swiveling around to see the Triple Changer standing at the cusp of the doorway. "Come in, my most loyal subordinate, my Admiral, my Administrator!" Galvatron waved a hand, beckoning viogrosouly.

Astrotrain smiled slightly, and clanked in, shutting the door behind him. He took in the death-residue on the wall (and floor nearby), and drew the appropriate conclusions.

"To be honest, I don't know why you brought him back," Astrotrain said finally, putting his hands behind his back.

"Because I could!" Galvatron said, momentary flash of anger burning beneath the sufrace. Sparks shot from his helmed head. Mirth soon replaced it. "Actually I don't know what I was thinking. Isn't that amusing? Of course, I have so many thoughts, it's foolish to try and keep track of them all. Bwahhahahahahahaa!" The Decepticon Leader and Emperor slapped his knees.

Astrotrain, duitfully, said nothing at this "revelation".

"Sit!" Galvatron commanded, pointing with his cannon to a chair across from his desk. Astrotrain sat.

"The attack failed," Astrotrain said, crossing his arms. "It was ill conceived, and served no real purpose-"

"Not true!" Galvatron said gleefully. "I destroyed some mountains."

"....The attack failed. It was ill conceived, and served no real purpose," Astrotrain tried again, somewhat doubtfully. "My Lord."

"If I want a topic beaten to death, I'll do it myself, thank you," Galvatron said airily. "Actually, if I want anything beaten to death, I'll do it myself." He chortled at his own wit.

Astrotrain cocked his head, looking at Galvatron (who had already started to drift mentally, staring at a spot on the wall behind Astrotrain's head). His optics dimmed.

"Galvatron, you are the leader of the Decepticon Empire. You have the legacy not only of your past deeds, but also of your other past deeds to consider."

"What?" Galvatron said, blinking his optics.

"Before your unfortunate landing on Thrull, Galvatron, and your years of conquest as Megatron," Astrotrain reminded gently. Gently as one could with an echo-heavy vocoder, at any rate.

"All a blur, really," Galvatron admitted cheerfully. "Though I almost killed Optimus Prime a few hours ago, and Starscream's back to being in his rightful state- ash."

"Do you remember when I went with you to Planet Dread, Galvatron?" Astrotrain asked softly.

"Involving those death crystal things, yes?" Galvatron replied. "Not even Cyclonus journyed with me- but you did, Astrotrain. Yes. Those idiot Predacons failed me. I should find them and destroy them for their incompetence-"

"I told you then, you had the potential to become more famous than Unicron," Astrotrain nodded and interjected smoothly, "and you still may. I feel it is my responsibility to tell you the troops will be disatisfied when they return and the Empire is greater than any one leader-"

"Let them come!" Galvatron said suddenly, slamming his fists down hard on the desk. "I am Galvatron, Leader of the Decepticons, and I....FEAR....NO ONE!" Galvatron's face worked in unimanagable fury.

"Of course Galvatron," Astrotrain said, rising, frowning in thought, "of course." He raised an arm in homage...though it was decidedly unsure. "Peace through tyranny."

He walked to the edge of the doorway, when Galvatron said:

"Do you know what I just realized, Astrotrain?"

Astrotrain turned slightly, and looked inquiringly at his leader. Galvatron positively shook with delight. Even as his optics blazed with intensity, sparks continued to arc from his head, finding no order except in their own disharmony.

"I have no head, I have no head, I have no head!"

Astrotrain walked out, grim, and as the door closed and once again, Galvatron surrendered to the ever-comforting laughter.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"It's so... empty here Buzzsaw. That must have been some attack."
Hound had reached a viewing deck and was watching a battle-damaged Trypticon outside when an explosion made the floor vibrate.

Instinctively, he pinned himself against Metrotitan's wall and began scanning. It was then that the faint resonance of a strange and disturbing laughter echoed through the room.

Hound couldn't make sense of the strange mass of energy that he scanned from Galvatron's detonation. He frowned and murmured, "Strange- a Decepticon signature, but what on Earth was that...?"

After a pause, he glanced at the golden condor. "Buzzsaw, I'm going to check that out."

Hound began heading for the source of the energy.
---------
Mirage grabbed hold of Thunderwing's tail as the Decepticon began taking off. He ran trying to get a better hold and lost his grip as the tail dropped. Mirage fell hard and rolled into the side of the UN building. Slowly he got to his feet and watched the disappearing vapor trail.
Smokescreen squirmed unhappily for a moment and then gave up and sat still as the shell held him in place. He watched patiently as clouds swept by Thunderwing's cockpit window.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister arrived at Metrotitan, shifting back into his robot mode as he landed on the helipad. He glanced casually towards the decimated Trypticon.
This is unpardonable, he fumed silently. Galvatron is leading us directly to the Inferno.
Entering the base through the small door at the helipad, he stalked off towards his quarters. He moved at a slightly faster pace than usual, and his footfalls were almost audible. He gave off no other outward signs of his rage.
His Nebulans followed, albeit somewhat farther behind than usual.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave, looking at the captive Autobot, radioed Astrotrain :

"We have the prisoner Astrotrain, and we are en route to Metrotitan."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Just entering Carbombyan airspace:

Leozak, Gaihawk, and Hellbat: -flying ahead of Star Saber(Leozak in the lead, Gaihawk and Hellbat acting as wingmen), transform and land-

Leozak: "Drop us here, Star Saber. It will be.... safer for you."
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Counterpunch blearly looked around him. He was currently lying in a shallow dip on the battlefield. He was lain on his back and overhead he could make out red and blue energy bolts whizzing by. He hated battles.

His system diagnosis was going crazy, broken sync pathways and nueral damage was causing all sorts of interface with his system.

He raised himself and slowly tried to crawl across the ground. Seeing a lull in the firing, Counterpunch rose on his knees and then onto his feet. He could barely see.

Like a single tree in a barren field, Counterpunch, for a brief moment, became the single most obvious thing on the battlefield. That was before a series a shots struck him from 5 different sources.

Counterpunch dropped and rolled across the ground, speeding faster and faster as his plunge sent him over the edge of a bomb crater. He slid head first down into the crater, stopping just off the bottom. A few stray shots caught the edge of the bomb crater, bring a mountain of earth and mud down atop Counterpunches' weak form. Seconds before the debris fell upon him, Countepunhc had just enough energy left to initiate his transformation to PUNCH, his autobot robotic form.

The debris fell upon his prone form and completely covered the transformer, save a few grubbily gleaming parts of his torso.

His internal system finally packed up and he went offline....
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Slowing his engine output, starsaber slowly descended, comming to a remotely soft, clean landing....

"Alright. end of the line, you three. "

Starsaber waited in his vehicular mode for Jalgar, Killbison and Drillhorn to disembark
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Jalgar, Killbison, and Drillhorn: -climb off of Star Saber-

Drillhorn: "Thank you for the ride."

Jalgar: -stretching- "Talk about flying coach...."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"my word is as good as yours, drillhorn. Or any of yours, for that matter. but on to more important matters... if my scanners are serving right in this heat, you've got about twenty miles to reach metrotitan... I would have gone further, but as leozak said... there's a rather large risk of me being shot down in that case. "

Starsaber began his takeoff sequence, and in seconds, was in the air, heading back for fortress maximus...

"Remember our agreement, leozak... as you know that I will." were his last words before disappearing from sensor range...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister arrived at his quarters. His optics flicked to the nameplate under the door's control panel.

SPINISTER
TARGETMASTER COMMANDER

His hand curled into a fist.
No. Not in a public corridor.
He forced his fist to uncurl, and the urge to smash the no longer applicable nameplate slowly faded. Instead he keyed in the unlocking code and entered the room. His Nebulans muttered something that he didn't bother acknowledging, then headed across the hall to the organic quarters.
Keying the door shut behind him, Spinister sat behind his desk and began to coldly analyze every after-action report that his no longer deserved rank gave him access to.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Leozak: -scowling as Star Saber flys away- "I will remember our agreement, Star Saber....."

Killbison: "I don't like that."

Leozak: "You don't have to, Killbison. But honor is what counts in this. Now form up! Jalgar, take point, Killbison, bring up our six. Hellbat, you and Gaihawk cover our flanks. Let's move out."

Jalgar, Leozak, Drillhorn, Hellbat, Gaihawk, and Killbison: -start marching towards Metrotitan-
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: We assumed that Shockwave is on board Thunderwing, Zarak :) If not, that's fine too.

Comettor helped Jetfire land outside the city and the bllinding flash effect from Shockwave started to wear off. Slowly, the big Autobot regained his vision.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: So all the 'cons are back here now?

Metrotitain

Darkwing, Dreadwind, Runabout and Runamuck returned to the Decepticon military fortress, and immediately made their way to the infrimary.