[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Decepticons

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"no, Hound. You...can't do this. you..you can't! You say..soundwave and the constructicons...repaired you? No! Reprogrammed you! Blast it! BLAST IT!"

Saber was on the verge of enragement, when he caught his control... and instead, jammed his sword into the ground...

"I....I'm too late... " he nearl cried in silent tones...

opening his comlink, he called out to victory leo...

"Disengage...and...return to the maximus... as quickly as you can... we...need to protect the people of this world... "

"Understood, sir... Victory Leo out..."

outside, VL Broke his engagement with mega and giga... and streaked off into the sky...

Back inside metrotitan, Saber stared down hound...

"You... will be missed, hound... " Starsaber drew his sword from the floor... and returned it to its sheath in his back on his left side...

"But...before I leave... I ask two things...."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound tilted his head slightly. Curiouser and curiouser. This one certainly isn't what I expected with all that noise. I'll be missed? Strange.

"It's a good thing for you I have a lot of patience and I do not have any record of who you are- so I'm inclined to listen, but your time is running out. I sense a fellow Decepticon approaching, and I do not think he will have the same patience. Ask quickly and then you must leave."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Never forget my name, hound. It is Star Saber."

Tapping a button on his head, the helmet flipped back, and saber's brainmaster head was visible... focusing himself inwardly, procured from a slot on his right arm a small disk.

"When you have a moment... play through this... My word as a member of the transformer race... I feel is enough...to confirm for you that what you will see is the truth. that in fact is part of my own memories. It can't be tainted so easliy. but were soundwave or the constructicons to find it... they would alter its contents... for that reason, you MUST keep it hidden from all save yourself... "

with that, drew his sword again, leaping up, cleaving the ceiling open... and transforming on the fly...

"Farewell....Hound..."

With a heavy, and near broken spark, Starsaber began his journey back to maximus... at his top speed
Scout

Post by Scout »

Star Saber. This one I do need to remember. He doesn't match my other images.

Hound tagged his new memory images with the name Star Saber and without giving the disk a second thought, popped it in his hologun for a moment and then tossed the disk into his subspace compartment as the Autobot left.

Hound turned toward the door where Buzzsaw suddenly flew in, and then clicked onto his radio. "Commander Astrotrain. The mission has been completed and the threats are departing. My apologies, but the training room has... some damage that will need to be repaired. I await your further orders Sir."
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Just as Overlord combined, Victory Leo flew off into the sky.

"Wasnt expecting that one" he remarked. He walked over to Devastator:

"Get up you piece of junk, he's gone....no, make it theyve gone." as he saw Victory Sabre fly off too.

Sig removal

Quick Switch
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing landed smoothly in front of the New United Nations building in his jet mode.

"All right, everyone out, and all that," he muttered, opening up his cockpit and hold.

The Pretender shell leaped out and came to rest on the pavement outside the building.

Astrotrain thought for a moment as Hound's message was received.

"Some damage?" Metrotitan chimed in.

Astrotrain waved his hands in acknowledgement of the city's grumbling.

"Well done, Hound. I want you to compile your thoughts about the encounter, then present them to me personally when you see fit. For now...acclimate yourself to Metrotitan. Explore a bit."

He turned to Soundwave- or rather, in Soundwave's general direction in the shadows.

"Soundwave dispatch the Constructicons to repair the breech in Metrotitan, please."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Inside the UN building and invisible, Mirage looked up as he heard the sound of jet engines. A glance outside made him jump slightly in concern. Internally, he clicked onto his radio.

"Smokescreen... we've got to get outside. The Decepticons are here. We're targets that'll cause human deaths in here."

Smokescreen replied immediately. "Go out the back Mirage, and try to distract them away. I'll go out the side and do the same. Get Jetfire up and over here."

As the back doors opened seemingly by themselves, Smokescreen leaned over and whispered. "Duke, trouble. I've got to leave- Decepticons are coming. We're going to try to draw them off. Best to keep things calm."

Without waiting for a response he headed outside.
Mirage dropped his invisibility once he cleared the doors and was out in the open, and cocked his rifle. He called on his radio: "Jetfire, we have Decepticon trouble. Get airborne and over here- we need you to help protect these humans."
----------
Hound nodded as he glanced apprehensively at the damage. "Yes Sir. Thank you Commander, I will." The scout glanced around at the sudden release and official leave to explore, his curiousity getting the better of him.

Then he checked himself and looked at Buzzsaw. "Hello Buzzsaw, did Soundwave send you to make sure I was all right?"
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Sending Buzzsaw had been the right thing to do. Soundwave had been relayed the data concerning Hound's encounter with Star Saber. That fool autobot had no chance of convincing Hound of his Autobot origins.
----

Buzzsaw had made no attempt to be conspicuous, knowing that Hound's accute sensors would have picked him up. He registered the autobots approach and then question which he had asked. Lacking the power of speech, Buzzsaw sent the question back to Soundwave. Within seconds, a small hatch atop Buzzsaw's condor head slid open and a small projector emerged. THe projector fired a slight beam into the open space before the transformers and a holoprojection of Soundwave appeared (via Soundwave's mental thoughts).

"Hound. Commander Astrotrain has assigned me to a different task, but my concerns for your well being made me send you Buzzsaw. He can be my eyes and ears and also serve as a useful companion in your task. Use him if you need to get in contact with me. He is also loyal and strong in battle if you so require the assistance. I am here should you need me. Soundwave out..."
-----

Soundwave strode from the room. The Autobot would buy the shamy sentimental speach and reassuring words as he always did so. It was logical for Autobots to blindly put their faith in trust and spoken allegiances.

Soundwave was heading to his quarters to persue another line of work he had been planning. But first, to instruct the Constructicons.
Lord Zarak

thanks and apologies

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave emerged from Thunderwing, and looked around.

"The Autobot is in the building. We must assume that he has reinforcements. We therefore must occupy those reinforcements, and draw Smokescreen into the open. Thunderwing, you are to utilise your pretender abilities, and use your shell as an extra soldier. Counterpunch, you are to join me in the extrapolation of Smokescreen. Are there any questions?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound watched the holoprojection disappear and nodded. "With the way things have been Buzzsaw, I may need your help- if Ramjet was any indication of how different I must look. It was good of Soundwave to send you."

The scout glanced around again and let his curiousness take over.

"Buzzsaw, I'm going to take Commander Astrotrain's suggestion to explore a bit. Do you want to come with?"

He held out an arm to the condor.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

The glistening orange condor dropped from his position and alighted to the Autobot scouts arm. He let out what could only be described as a "friendly" squalk. He shifted his weight several times in an effort to get comfortable on Hound's arm before settling into position.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound began skirting the corridors with Buzzsaw on his arm. His sensors were tuned in to every sight, sound and smell they encountered.
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Thrust returned to Metrotitan and began patrolling.
Thundercracker headed in for repairs and spotted something in the hall he didn't recognize. He stared at the scout coming down the hall with Buzzsaw on his arm.

"Yo, Astrotrain. I have a strange robot walkin' toward me with Buzzsaw. What's up?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain examined the wall schematic of Metrotitan, Metrodrones bringing in status reports describing the (rather extensive) damage. The Admiral had his hands behind his back, standing at the wall.

"Still no word on whether the Constructicons have started repairs. What in the universe if Soundwave doing?"

Metrotitan relayed a transmission, and he turned and spoke, a Metrodrone held down the transmit button.

"What's...up, Thundercracker," Astrotrain fought the urge to knead his face with his hands, "is that 'strange robot' is none other than Hound. And yes, he is on our side. And yes, I'm sure." Talking with Thundercracker, Astrotrain found, involved being rather literal in spelling out the inherently obvious.

If one did not do that, as a depressing corollary, Thundercracker would take liberties to showcase his "ability" to interpret instructions.
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Thundercracker stared as Hound walked in and out of Metrotitan's rooms and finally broke the radio signal.

Doofus. He's let an Autobot in here that can remember everything and he's letting him walk around. He's probably just pretending to be on our side. The others'll have fun with our new 'friend' when they get back. Not my problem.

The blue seeker turned and hobbled toward the repair bay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sparkstalker finally arrived at Metrotitan, with Lokos on his back. Letting himself in the nearest entrance, the Firecon allowed the Nebulan to climb down.
Transforming to robot mode, Sparkstalker began to walk away.
"Wait," Lokos called.
"What?" the Firecon asked, with a measure of annoyance.
Lokos nodded appreciatively. "Thanks for the ride."
Sparkstalker smiled slightly. "Thanks for getting me out of combat duty." He started to turn away, then looked at the Nebulan. "You want to come to my cryptography lab? You can hide out there until the fighting dies down."
"I'd like that," the Nebulan replied. However, the presence in the back of his mind disagreed. "But I should probably check in with the commander first."
With that, the Nebulan and the Firecon parted ways.
Sparkstalker arrived at his cryptography station and began to filter through the never-ending pile decrypt work that accumulated on his desk whenever he was sent off to battle.
Arriving at Astrotrain's office after a long (for him) trek, Lokos called out to Ramjet, "Is he in?"
The conehead looked around with confusion, unable to see where the voice had come from.
Lokos whistled, then said, "Down here!"
Ramjet looked down, and saw the Nebulan. "Ah. Astrotrain is very busy, fleshling. Wait here."
Ramjet called over his shoulder to the Triplechanger, "Boss, ya got a minute? There's some Nebulan here that wants to see you."
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Soundwave reached his quarters and sat down upon the gleaming silver chair set central in the room. He had been trying in vain for the last 5 minutes to get a message through to the Constructicons and without success. He made a minor adjustment to the frequency of the message and once again transmitted Astrotrain's message:

"Constructicons! Go to the breech in Metrotitan and seal it...IMMEDIATELY!"

He awaited the reply...

---

Counterpunch's sharp eyes scanned the terrain around him. He caught sight of a recognizable shape...Smokescreen!

"Shockwave! It's Smokescreen! Look up there!"

He gestured with his index digit towards the appraoching shape.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shockwave will be tough- knocking out one quickly will give us better odds.
It was clear that they hadn't seen him and he needed to distract the group quickly. Mirage took careful aim and fired at the Decepticon pointing.
Smokescreen froze momentarily as he heard his name from down the street, then he transformed to his car mode and began racing toward the group letting off his trademark clinging black smoke.
Jetfire looked at the city layout and realized he was too big to fly in, so he transformed to robot mode and started running towards the downtown area.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Counterpunch realised all too late that there was a spray of bullets about to rain down upon him. This, he reminded himself, was why he wasn;t a soldier.

As he fell to the ground in an attempt to protect himself from the bullets, several caught him across the chasis and one grazed his head. He sprawled to his knees and then onto his side as yet another sliced through a shoulder plate. He writhed in agony as his damage indicator lights lit up like a Christmas tree.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain shook his head and terminated the feed.

"Idiot," dismissing Thundercracker from his thoughts and turning to sit in his chair. "Certainly Ramjet. Tell our Nebulan friend he may see me."

"Transmission received, Soundwave," Scrapper rasped in kind, welding a series of electrical relays together. The Constructicons had already trooped outside and had began repairing the structural work.

"He's a mite bit pretensious," Hook muttered, lifting a girder into place in crane mode.

"That's rich," Bonecrusher said, slamming plates into holes, "coming from you."

"Repair, repair," Long Haul muttered, driving up a load of raw materials for Mixmaster to break down.

"Um, no, that's not your department," Mixmaster replied as Mixmaster dumped the contents into the mixer. "That's our job, job, job!"

At that moment, Trypticon landed, slamming into the dusty earth, and rolled a few hundred feet, colliding with a massive sand down, obliterating it.

The Constructicons who weren't all ready transformed to robot mode and exchanged glances.

"Yet another of Galvatron's plans comes to fruition," Hook observed.

"Ooooh I dunno guys. We may still have a chance!" Scavenger piped up, weighed down with extra gear.

"Shut up," Bonecrusher grumbled, dropping the plates he held in disgust.

"Seriously," Long Haul said, sagging as he saw the utterly broken Trypticon.

"Just think Constructicons," Scrapper said after a pause, of what those two twits Grapple and Hoist are stuck with. After all, we assembled Trypticon, we know his capabilities."

The green team took solace from that, and got back to work.

Trypticon offered a pathetic moan to puncutate the scene.

Thunderwing transformed to robot mode and took stock of the situation, turning about. His Pretender shell caught Mirage's movement, and firing action.

"Worthless and weak," he muttered on seeing Counterpunch waylaid- on the first salvo, no less! Thunderwing retrieved his cyclone cannon and primed it. With but a thought, the sturdy Pretender shell sprinted toward Mirage's position.

The shell-less Thunderwing saw a huge figure up ahead and turned to Shockwave.

"You'll need to stop that thing, Shockwave," he indicated with the cyclone cannon the general area where Jetfire was stomping towards them. "Waylay him with some fancy gamma rays or some such. I'll apprehend Smokescreen."