I'm tired, time to post

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

I'm tired, time to post

Post by Sades »

Are you tired? Tell me about your favourite vegetable.

I like soup. :yawn:
Denyer

Re: I'm tired, time to post

Post by Denyer »

Fucking hell yes.

Potatoes. Such versatile things. I wonder who the first person to try cooking them after trying (or watching) other people eat them raw was.

There are lots of good Polish soup recipes that involve them, too.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Peace!

Thank You so much Sades for the invitation! :D

Morning time here! (Pakistan time)

It's time... God willing.

Morning time is precious,

Time to have my soup!! :D

So it's Knorr, (30 mins to cook packets)

It's got all the spices, it's got a minimum sort of level of chicken and an almost okay level of vegetables.

You have to add your own egg(s) and you can customize, adding more vegetables or otherwise.

We've done 50% Hot & Sour, 50% Chicken Corn (usual routine, including eggs) this time added some cooked rice.

If one doesn't have/doesn't want to work with eggs, adding Cream of Chicken in the mix can work well (50% Hot & Sour 50% Cream of Chicken).

All of these have a highly customized preparation as the picture on the packet:

https://www.naheed.pk/knorr-chinese-hot-sour-soup-51g

https://www.naheed.pk/knorr-chinese-chi ... n-soup-46g

https://www.naheed.pk/knorr-classic-cre ... n-soup-50g

(This is possibly the first time (or among the first few times) I've visited this particular shopping site. Err, Daraz has everything, other than food too.)

Err, I need to talk about chicken, fish, fries, and rice.

I guess I possibly have some level of addiction to KFC Zingers! :D

Macdonald's Fillet-o-Fish is very good, despite not being a great substitute to a Zinger.

Well, Fillet-o-Fish being relatively bland is a positive for it, when/if tolerating spices can be a problem.

Both should ideally have cheese. Fries are addicting, so rice works great here as a alternative to fries (healthy, but lacking relatively in taste).

Err, maybe eating KFC chicken (not Zinger) with rice a lot can make one want to combine rice and fries. Yeah, you pretty much still need 25% fries (rest, 75% rice), otherwise the knockdown in taste can be really high! I don't know.

Ice Climber:

Various cartoony vegetables in the bonus stages! :D

Antarctic Adventure:

Catch more fish for more bonus points! :D

Thank you Sades!

You really made my day! :)

Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awYlHBXHits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mCis47zxs
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm always tired on Tuesdays, though. Mondays is usually a night of shit sleep (I can feel the anxiety now) followed by a 2 AM start, day doesn't end until like 9-10 pm, assuming I can fall asleep right away (almost never). Then Wed/Thurs/possibly Fri are either 2 or 4 AM starts. Running the gauntlet of sleepy. :swirly:

I like my job, but the hours, man. The week feels VERY LONG. :laugh: I usually can sleep as long as I want to on Saturdays, though. I cannot tell you how nice that is.

Ooh carbs. Round, though. Too many carbs! Doesn't stop me. :laugh: Soups, I either make my own and they're very nutritious and hearty, full of beans and vegetables and various spices or it's something like a packet of (better quality, not the dollar stuff yuck) Ramen with an egg and a handful of spinach thrown on top so I feel less guilty about it. There's no in-between.

I should try a packet of Knorr's one of these days. My only hesitation with packaged soups is that I have different tastes than Hound and the kid, so when I make them for myself I use less of the soup base that comes with the package and put in more of my own preferred flavours, like garlic, onion, spices, add more veg, add beans, add barley/oats/another grain, add bone broth, things like that and sometimes it'll be fine for me but I'm not sure anyone else will like it. Or I'll just use whatever is in the package out of laziness and I'll think it's too salty and boring. :laugh: So finding a balance is fun. More often than not I'll just make food as other people like it and not get experimental because it's easier and wastes less food.

I'm not a huge KFC fan. Once in awhile, I might stop in for lunch after work or when running behind for after-school stuff but that's rare that we don't eat at home and the kid would rather have a burger.

I quite liked the Filet-O-Fish when I was younger, haven't had it in forever though. Last week actually, I thought a Filet-O-Fish sounded tasty so I was going to go 'round a McD's on the way home from work and grab a sandwich and a tea but I got to the order screen, the damn things are like 5-6 bucks CAD now? I can buy a small steak with that at the grocery store and cook it at home! Or some stir fry beef. So that's what I ended up doing instead, I just got a tea to go and stopped by the store. :laugh:

This ended up longer than I expected. Probably because I'm procrastinating. I won't be this literate in a few hours (see above) so might as well make the most of it eh. :laugh:
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I used to love Filet-o-fish, too. Last time I tried one must've been over 25 years ago, but I remember even at that time the buns were a lot smaller, so less fish... and it just felt like a bland interpretation of what the original McDonalds filet-o-fish really was!

And like you say they're more expensive now, too.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Peace!

Hope everyone is doing great!! :)

I made some major mistakes last time! :eek:

Unfortunately,

I can't talk about this now. :(

Asim!

You must!! :nonono:

Okay!

I also live with my brother!! :D

I was thinking about making a thread:

How do you organize yourself?

:wtf:

Wow! :laugh:

Why not make a post in the video game thread? :)

Okay! We'll get to that later, God willing! :)

A thread for some fun!! :D

Anxiety!!

Peace!

Thank you so much for writing Sades. :)

Part of my planing is to try to make a post before Friday:

Get stimulation: recharge batteries for the drain of trying to pray and do remembrance a lot for Friday and the night before.

Friday (and Thursday night) can impact the week that follows,

It is related to mornings too: need stimulation to make the whole day better. :D

(comedy) Thank you Sades for this post and the one in the other thread about waking your kid. :D

I've only gotten to the first paragraph of that post and about three paragraphs in this one.

Tried some incentivizing: keep working on drafts or ideas Asim -- make more progress before you read more!

Reference: I cannot find my glue.

The other main reason to not read more was that I thought about making an important comment.

Praise be to God!

I got to write some poetry, and I must share this poetry with you all today! :laugh: :D

More interested in politics? Save as much time as possible, (skip this and) keep reading below please! :laugh: :laugh:

Down to Zero Games

[The video game thread] post# 2467

The soups:

One main thing!

And...

maybe? :laugh:

I'm getting a feeling... :cool:

"minimum" chicken; hope that doesn't automatically connect to form "minimum soup"! :cool:

I wanted to simplify things,

We kind of regularly made 4 packets at a time!

(isn't really cold anymore but still make it less regularly)

30 minutes for 4 packets. :)

More about minimum:

Let's see; anything else?

Thinking... :swirly:

I think I didn't emphasize. :cool:

Possibly:

(Yeah, possibly; I don't know :) )

new = very good :D

Did I emphasize... ?

Did I emphasize the soup is new in the beginning? :laugh:

I felt I maybe didn't emphasize enough that (although) "minimum chicken" and "okay level of vegetables" certainly feels that way after having them regularly. :laugh:

However,

:) Teh newness:

Unless you're already having soup,

I didn't emphasize that in the beginning they are a new soup (purely on their own) and you can renew the soup with a customization. :)

Still need the eggs. :(

The Cream of Chicken combination was a great discovery!! :D :laugh:

Anger!!

*Anger emerges!!

I think anger would agree with me here! :)

A lot of time was spent talking about soups today! :wtf:

A ton of time was spent talking about games!! :wtf: :wtf:

:laugh:

You're a fool and you don't realize it!! :glance:

What if? :wtf:

It wasn't worth it!! :eek: :laugh:

I don't see any worth here!! :laugh:

You wasted time!! :mad:

You strained yourself. :glance:

No problem!! :cool:

:smack:

The end had better be worth it!! :mad: :mad:

Hey anger man, lighten up!! :sweatdrop

Time:

If you look at everything from a very very very very very very very long perspective! :laugh:

God willing, you will surely see plenty of worth in the end!! :D

*not convinced; going away

Hey!

The end starts in your thread! :laugh:

The end starts in my thread? :wtf:

:laugh:

Yeah; yeah go read it! :laugh: