POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by HeavyArms »

Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse adventures energon Armor Rack'N'Ruin &
Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Hammerbyte - I found these at my local Toy World.

Siege Jetfire - Bought from Amazon AU Marketplace, it is possibly smaller than I thought it would be.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Allspark Power Jetstorm
Movie repaint of Cybertron Sky Shadow, which was always a boss toy, but one I sold on some years ago. Missed the big lug, and he's hard to come by these days so I settled for Movie Jetstorm, just to get the figure again. He's missing his Cyber Planet Key, but that's no big deal as the gimmick is pretty feeble - just extends some cannons. WOoo. Jet mode is great and has some weight to it. Transformation's quick and fun and the robot mode kicks ass, although it's a bit awkward, with wings all up in your everywhere and a gappy look from the sides. Great fun though, and I've spent most of the day swooshing him around making aeroplane noises. I'm going to be 42 next month.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

POTP Cindersaur because I figured Scorpcracker/Thundernok deserved minions and Moonracer... who let's face it doesn't have the best alt mode and I don't know what anyone was thinking with windshields under the feet. The backpack works better if you don't position the "wings" all of the way back, though, so that it's more of a gradated silhouette.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Earthrise Hoist and Cliffjumper!

Hoist has a slightly counter-intuitive way of folding the arms under the hood, but he's great fun in robot mode, and Cliffjumper is a little darling.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Siege Starscream because it looks suitably Underbase-y and Alternators Windcharger, which is one I kind of regretted getting rid of. Doesn't work as Windcharger -- Overdrive was a much better fit -- but it's one of the better Binalt designs.

And that probably concludes random pickups for a while. Might go for Scorponok when Smyths get them in and if I can figure out somewhere to display it in alt-mode.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Yesterday was black and purple Seeker day.

Flame Toys Skywarp - I got their Bumblebee a while ago and liked it. I'd avoided their other kits since they all had box art that made their pelvises look oversized. But, it'd been a while since I build a model kit, Barnes & Noble had just reopened, and none of the Gundams were on clearance. So, I took a shot on Skywarp.

I'm glad I did. I had a little difficulty with the eyepiece, which snapped in two. But, I was still able to jam the pieces into their correct eyeholes, so it doesn't affect the final build. The waist looks fine. The pelvic thrust pose on the box makes it look far worse than it is.

Actually, the size of the waist, the narrow abdomen, and the chest vents give Skywarp a bit of an hourglass figure, which does a better job of invoking a feminine bot than Wankblade's blatant T&A. The vents on the sides of the head are smaller than expected, and sit lower than center, kind of like Arcee's Leia buns. I guess this is Cyberverse Skywarp.

I had to glue the nosecone chunk to the back. I still have to apply most of the stickers. I'll probably skip the smaller ones since I'm more likely to make the figure look worse through bad placement than better through added detail. Hopefully, I don't screw up the wing stickers.

Netflix Hotlink - I haven't taken the main figure out of the box yet. I've got the Rainmaker set, so I know what to expect. I like that the deco makes the arms, guns, and wings visibly distinct from each other from more than a foot away.

I have taken out the Targetmasters. They're OK. I don't know if I like them more than the ones that came with Scoop. The blast effects are orange like fire, but shaped like regular blasts. I'll have to figure something out with one of TLK Leader Megatron's fire effect pieces.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Earthrise Sky Lynx
Cor, he's a big lad. Or lads. It's so nice to get a large Transformer figure from Hasbro that feels like it weighs something. Vehicle modes are really nice done and the robot modes are great fun. The point of contact between the shuttle and transport doesn't feel particularly secure though and mine has a wing that drops off quite a lot. It's on a half mushroom swivelly peg joint thing. It pops back on, but even so c'mon Hasbro! You've been turning out some great stuff lately, don't start flubbing things now. Overall though, this is brilliant and I love it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In an unconscious copying of Dalek....

Earthrise Hoist and Cliffjumper: With things starting to move again, the local Walmart got in a metric buttload of new figures. Although when it comes to the Netflix releases of the Siege figures, if I didn't want them the first time around, why would I want them in a different colorscheme just because they're doing a Netflix show? And if I already got the regular version, why do I want the Netflix version? Although the new Seeker looks kind of interesting....

But I digress. Onto complaints about tolerances and slightly dodgy QC.

Hoist: He looks amazing in robot mode. Other than the feet, it's like having a super posable version of my old G1 Hoist figure. But I discovered something interesting when I was transforming him for the first time. Either the windshield part of his body wasn't supposed to move, or I am just a beast. Whatever the case, I had to trim the pin at the top of the post inside his body so I could properly transform him.

Cliffjumper: Despite the fact that Hasbro now feels confident that they can charge almost $20 for a figure that's slightly bigger than PotP Outback, I do like the level of detail and the amount of fun things you can do with his sniper bazooka. The one thing I'm not too thrilled with is how tight the peg for his torso twist/necessary step for transformation was. I thought I was going to twist him in half.

All in all, they're both pretty good.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Heinrad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:37 amHasbro now feels confident that they can charge almost $20 for a figure that's slightly bigger than PotP Outback
It's shocking isn't it? Same height and same amount of plastic as Legends Seaspray.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Very true. I mean, yeah, the way the bazooka works is pretty cool, and Cliffjumper being able to do jet-ski mode is undeniably cool.... it's not $20 cool.
Cybertron Bob
Protoform
Custom Title: Awkward Trash

Post by Cybertron Bob »

I've just put in an order for Earthrise Grapple, offroad Bumblebee and also a power ranger. I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive.
See me tweet @BobCybertron
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Earthrise Wheeljack: In all honesty, I was going to pass on this figure. The Generations version just seemed to fit, and was far superior to the Combiner Wars version. But I wound up watching a few reviews of the figure, and I have to admit, Earthrise Wheeljack looks a lot more impressive out of the packaging. The lines are clean. The wings are a bit too stubby, but I'm willing to bet somebody will make an upgrade kit for the guy. And charge twice as much as the figure by itself cost for it. Sheesh.

My QC complaints for Earthrise are still there. One of the bottom windshield pieces that fold into his legs popped off the first time I transformed him, joints that were super, almost break the figure tight when I first tried to move them seem almost too loose now.

Still, a fun figure.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

One step closer to completing the DJD!

Quite a fun big purple boy.

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 1459778560
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Studio Series 49 Bumblebee
Hard to believe it's taken 49 entries to get to Bumblebee's modern day Camaro alt-mode in this line. Worth the wait though. He's quite small and a bit fiddly to transform, but it's well executed. It keeps the overall transformational layout of recent Bumblebee figures in the line, but gets rid of all the irritating things that ruined all the others. The tolerances are there, parts are pinned where they need to be and it works. Robot mode is nice and swish. He's in Battle Mask mode and this can't be removed, but that's fine with me. Vehicle mode is excellent and rolls really nice because it's got pinned wheels! Hooray :)

Studio Series 52 Arcee
I wanted these, because I thought the 3 pack idea was neat. The price kept putting me off though. In the end, I caved. Like Earthrise Cliffjumper, these feel expensive for what they are. They're equivalent to Legion-Class figures, but with better engineering. The designs being what they are, the three don't really feel very solid in vehicle mode. The bright colours and odd looking robot modes do it for me, though. I love the weird-ass ROTF robot designs.

Studio Series 08 Blackout
An early hit in the Studio Series line, I'm still scratching my head wondering why I sold this big lug. I've bought him again and he's still brilliant. Can't really move much, but he looks so bloody awesome that I don't care. Pack-in mini-mate Scorponok is a nice bonus.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Smashdown, Trip-Up & Autobot Daddy-O (Hot Rod Patrol) - From Target.

Seacons Turtler & Seacons Gulf - Finally got these two from Zing after a bit of a delay.

Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee - Bought this during Big W's Toy Sale, but was not on sale, Earthrise Sky Lynx and SS Jetfire were and now on Lay-by.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

SS #60 Scrapper - Not opened yet. I saw him and Sentinel Prime at Target in NH Saturday. So, that wave is out there. That store was also the first place I saw SS Scavenger in a big box store ever, or any SS Leaders in a big box store in a while.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Scrapper is awesome. Might be my favourite out of the Constructicons released to date. Looking forward to seeing what Overload's like, when he turns up!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

My kids got me a new toy for Father's Day (which seems funny, right?):

Studio Series 53 Mixmaster. Quite nice, and I kinda like his insect-like robot mode. I first thought the transformation/pegging was going to be a chore like it can be with SS Barricade, but I figured it out and he snaps together rather well. Overall he's really nice.

I feel like the Studio Series can be very fiddly in their transformations, depending on the figure. That's probably my biggest gripe with the line. Otherwise, the ones I have are pretty fun.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cyberverse Lazerbeak Blast Soundwave
Random find in discounters Home Bargains for £8.99 (just him and Bumblebee on the shelf). I've had such a stupid amount of fun with this toy :swirly: It's a fairly basic Deluxe toy but has a fun gimmick - turning the shoulder cannon assembly makes Lazerbeak pop out of Soundwave's chest, in all his clear plastic glory. The figure can't be removed - so for imaginative play only kids, but it's good fun. Decent range of movement, but bit of a shame the robot head is fixed. Transforms into a boxy armoured van.

Studio Series 66 Constructicon Overload
Good looking four armed Leader-sized monstrosity that turns into some sort of tractor-trailer ...thing with part of Devastator's head on it. The robot mode is cracking, I really like it. The grabby claw arms are excellent, but could have used a few more joints just to get a bit more movement out of them. Legs are short and stubby, whilst well articulated, they can't really do much. Vehicle mode is nice and very long. Shame it's not articulated to make it a bit more fun to play with, but appreciate that's needed to be sacrificed for the combination Will have a go at making Devastator at some point, but this is a fine figure in it's own right.
Cybertron Bob
Protoform
Custom Title: Awkward Trash

Post by Cybertron Bob »

Offroad Bumblebee
Lovely little yellow lad, really nice alt mode that could, of course, make a great movieverse Hound and is practically Swindle already. Like Earthrise Cliffy though, he is very small (no partsforming at least). He also has a very simple transformation compared to his VW bug self, although I wouldn't say it's necessarily too simple for his price point. He looks adorable though and his alt mode, althoough small, looks fantastic and has a great overall feel to it.

Earthrise Grapple
Nice, bright orange boy. Transformation has a good feel to it as all the nice, blocky shapes seem to come together really well when forming the alt mode. Any crane toy always has that extra element of play value to it and the same is true for Grapple as the claw accessory he is packaged with really exudes "I pick things up" energy. Just a shame that the hook on his crane arm is closed up, leaving you unable to hook onto other TFs. Also the pegs that fit the base of his crane to the bottom of his feet during transformation to vehicle mode fit far too snug, to the extent that I was worried mine wouldn't detach or that it'd snap in the process. It took a while to pry free and afterwars I had to take a dremel to the 5mm holes in his feet and take off some plastic. I still really like him though.
See me tweet @BobCybertron