Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by HeavyArms »

The Lego Movie 2 70836 Battle-Ready Batman and MetalBeard - All the Lego Movie 2 sets are going on clearance at most stores now so this set was fairly cheap.

Lego Hidden Side 70425 Newbury Haunted High School - I put it on lay-buy when it was on special and I had just now finalized and picked it up.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Zombie Skateboarder - It was included in the Lego Ultimate Halloween Collection book.

Lego Hidden Side 70418 J.B.'s Ghost Lab.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes 76118 Mr. Freeze Batcycle Battle.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70419 Wrecked Shrimp Boat.

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes 76120 Batman Batwing and The Riddler Heist - This set actually came in on a Sunday, which I've never seen before.

Lego Jurassic World 75937 Triceratops Rampage.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The Lego Movie 2 70839 The Rexcelsior! - A lay-buy I finalized.

Lego Jurassic World 75934 Dilophosaurus on the Loose.

Lego Jurassic World 75935 Baryonyx Face-Off: The Treasure Hunt.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76128 Molten Man Battle.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76129 Hydro-Man Attack.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76130 Stark Jet and the Drone Attack.

Lego Star Wars 75249 Resistance Y-Wing Starfighter.

Lego Star Wars 75256 Kylo Ren's Shuttle.

These were two sets of lay-buys at two different stores that I finalized.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Star Wars 75250 Pasaana Speeder Chase - It was actually on clearance at K-Mart.

Lego Harry Potter 75945 Expecto Patronum.

Lego Harry Potter 75957 The Knight Bus.

Lego Harry Potter 75955 Hogwarts Express.

Lego Harry Potter 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall

The last three sets were all in a lay-buy that I finalized and Expecto Patronum was a bit cheaper.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Legends Wendigo BAF Uncanny X-Force Wolverine
Found this guy in the Leeds branch of HMV, which surprised me. Cheaper than buying him online and I like the black/grey X-Force outfits, so this was an easy sell. Wolverine looks pretty awesome in this get up (probably my favourite costume for the guy, after the brown one). Figure is excellent, as the Marvel Legends generally are. Claws seem to have survived being scrunched into a plastic tray too, which is ace.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Christmas brought me a couple Lego Batman sets!

76119 Batmobile Pursuit of the Joker from my son, and 76118 Mr. Freeze Batcycle Battle from my sister in law. I haven't built either one yet, but they both look pretty cool. Both of them were things I was hoping to get my hands on, so obviously my family knows me!

But I really wish there was more variety in the Batman figures they include with the sets! I've got four different Lego Batmen now and they're all pretty much the same. I've seen some more variety in older sets, and I was hoping to wind up with a bunch of different Batmen, but sadly all I've gotten in sets so far is the modern grey/black look.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar 75245 from my family on Christmas!

A bunch of great little mini-builds on the box, but you can tell this one was definitely designed right around The Last Jedi release. There's grumpy old Luke with a fish spear instead of a Lightsaber, Chewie with a campfire and a cooked Porg leg, and a (cute) little Santa Porg. There's some OT mix in there too, with a Cloud City Twin Pod, a mynock, and a B-Wing. The rest is a mix from Force Awakens and a few from the Prequel Trilogy. Overall though, this should be some fun stuff to build!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

They're a bit late. You're supposed to do those before Christmas! :glance:

Actually, my family all did Lego calendars so I just finished the last of the Star Wars builds a couple days ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, and the complexity of the little builds were all over the map. Some were just a minifigure or ten-ish pieces, while others were so involved that it was pretty tough to tell from the little picture how I was supposed to build it. But I'd say that there was a pretty decent mix of different eras. It leans a bit more towards Disney stuff than the classic or PT stuff, but not so much so that it bothered me.

Having now finished building the two Batman sets, the Batmobile is goddamned fantastic. It might have been the most fun I had building something this year, and the finished product is a really slick model that harkens back to a bunch of different Batmobiles without really favouring one or the other. The Batcycle set, on the other hand, was just okay.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70420 Graveyard Mystery.

Lego Creator Expert 10263 Winter Village Fire Station.

The Fire Station continues my tradition of buying a Winter Village set during Christmas season.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Lego Star Wars 75105 Millennium Falcon
Kind of a sad story to this, it was one of a number of Lego sets and Airfix kits my girlfriend's late uncle had at his house. Her family were kind enough to let me have this and a 2015 Star Wars Advent Calendar, which I've yet to open as they were clearing out his house. I was going to sell it on, as I don't really have the space, but I've really enjoyed the new Star Wars films (all 5 of them - even the slightly limp Rise of Skywalker) and they've given me an appreciation for something I never really cared much for. So I kept it and built it up on Boxing Day. It's a really great set. Plenty of space to fit figures inside and it all feels fairly solid (there is a bit of flex if you pick it up and hold it one-handed, though) and the selection of minifigures is good. Rey and Finn are my favourites, plus the two bad guys and BB8.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

This holiday, I got the newish Marvel Legends Nightcrawler, the Lego Black Ace Tie Interceptor, and the blind-packed minifigure version of Cyborg.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Picked up the blind-packed Lego DC Cheetah, Bumblebee, and Simon Baz.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 am They're a bit late. You're supposed to do those before Christmas! :glance:
No doubt! I would have taken it sooner!

Since I got the calendar though, I was poking around Lego's website and got a few more Lego Star Wars sets through their shop: Resistance A-Wing Starfighter 75248, and Mandalorian Battle Pack 75267. Nicely enough, the cost netted me a Lego brick keychain and a 20th anniversary Obi-Wan Kenobi minifig.

A few weeks ago I also bought a couple Lego Star Wars polybags: Snowspeeder 30384, and Anakin Skywalker's Podracer 30461.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76077 Iron Man: Detroit Steel Strikes

I accidentally put this one off for so long that it retired and I really only found one at my Toyworld by accident.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Overwatch 75972 Dorado Showdown with 20% off discount.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Lego Star Wars Duel on Mustafar 75269

My kids and I went to a local shop (more on that later) and they didn't have this one, so I grabbed it from Walmart (sadly) instead. Man this set is fantastic! I love the reds, yellows, and oranges they used for all the lava, and the play appeal is great. The hover machines that Anakin and Obi-Wan ride on are very well detailed, and I really like the lava effects done in clear orange. The whole base can be used in two 'modes' that are hinged together.
Both minifigs are great too. Excellent fun for a $20 set.

At the local shop I was able to grab a few minifigs I was looking for. Long ago I sold off the figs that went with my original Star Wars ARC-170 when I was hard up for some cash. Lo and behold, this place had all 3 pilots and the astromech I needed for the set. Basically paid what I had sold them for to get them back. Pretty awesome trip!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

All the Lego Movie 2 and UniKitty sets have been slashed to 'please take us!' prices. Not really surprising as the LM2 range was a bit weird and the film didn't perform as well as expected (more than likely due to the sharp drop off in novelty). Anyway! I got:

Lego Movie 2 70827 Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy!
This is a pretty awesome set. The main build of Ultrakatty is fantastic, and super poseable and can do all the cat poses you could want. And she has 3 different faces to try out! I like the Warrior Lucy mini-figure, with her stop sign shield and crossbow. The set also comes with an Emmett figure, which is fine and a disappointing buildable Duplo monster. I wish the Duplo monsters were made out of actual Duplo (I'm sure there was an old Duplo set that had this one eyed brick thing in). The set felt expensive at it's RRP for £24.99, but at £12.49, it feels good value.

UniKitty! 41451 Unikitty's Cloud Car
A daft set of builds (my favourite is the pig, with it's plate of cookies and hutch thing) with the Could Car as the centre-piece. It's a lot of fun and the wee characters you get with it are great. Not sure about the small scenery build though. It looks a bit half-baked for what it is.