2018 Marvel Legends

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Skyquake87 wrote:Inferno Cop is a new one me. That sounds like something an excitable 13 year old would come up with. Is it any good?
I have this completely random screenshot which might give you some clue as to what to expect from that one.
Attachments
[Commie] Inferno Cop - 08v2 [7C328B9A].mkv_snapshot_01.29_[2013.09.27_00.09.45].jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...oookay then.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

2018 Marvel Legends.

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Tetsuro wrote:I have this completely random screenshot which might give you some clue as to what to expect from that one.

OK! :D:lol::);)
:devil: Image :angel:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Next year's Legends!

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/20/sdcc- ... bro-309733

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/22/sdcc- ... ore-311268

There's a tactical Killminger with his triceratops-looking mask too, but he's not in the pics for some reason. Not sure I get doing another heavily movie-based Black Panther wave a year after the movie came out, but I guess it was super popular. I'd definitely expected this to be a comic BP wave when I first heard of it, though.

There's some nice Avengers stuff in there. Hercules and Vision in particular.

The X-Men are obviously my #1 interest though. Hoverchair Xavier is somethig people have asked for for years, and it's nice, though TBH I don't quite get the hype for a suited old man in a chair. The deluxe Archangel looks really cool. Hopefully he's not too hard to find. Gambit actually has more new parts than I expected. I think he might have a totally new torso instead of just overlay bits?

On the less-exciting side of things, Magik is in her S&M hooker look instead of any of the good ones. Blink is well-executed but isn't a character I care about at all. And Skullbuster? Talk about out of left field! I read a comic with him in it literally last week and still thought he was supposed to be Crossbones or someone like that when I saw the pics. Like Blink, he's well-done but not really a character I'm clamouring for. I guess he was an easy Deathlok retool, though.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...Magik is the only ones of those I liked the look of :swirly: I'd have liked to have had the cloven hooves and horns look myself, but she looks cool enough as is. I like all the power effects she comes with :)

...why does that black symbiote Spider-Man have eyes that are coming off his head? That's a rubbish design choice.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The demonic Darkchylde look would have been my preferred Magik too. It's definitely her most toy-friendly design. I'd also have been happy with her New Mutants look (with the armoured arm and leg, and the little skirt that she sometimes got drawn with over her uniform). I'm just not a fan of the whole "chick pretending lingerie is a costume" thing, I guess. I don't get why anyone wants them to make Emma Frost and Seline in their tacky corset and panties getup, either. Magik isn't that bad but still dangerously close to the "I'd be embarrassed if people knew I owned that" line.

I like the effects too, but with all that stuff in there I can't help but wish she had a teleport disc.
Skyquake87 wrote:...why does that black symbiote Spider-Man have eyes that are coming off his head? That's a rubbish design choice.
I think I read people saying that it came from the same comic as that Red Goblin did.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote:...Magik is the only ones of those I liked the look of :swirly: I'd have liked to have had the cloven hooves and horns look myself, but she looks cool enough as is. I like all the power effects she comes with :)
I'm thinking spare Kitty plus the head and arm from this with shaved off spikes. Asgardian Wars was peak New Mutants AFAIC.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

True story, I read the entire 100-issue run of New Mutants not more than a year ago and the only things I remember are the Asgard story and the Demon Bear race-swapping Sharon and Tom. And the Inferno crossover too, if that even counts.

I didn't think it was bad as I was reading it, but damn was it forgettable. For all its Liefeldian silliness, the successor series X-Force is way more memorable.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marvel hasn't really aged well in general, I've found. Then there are the massive chunks (AoA, etc) that diverted from other storylines, wildly inconsistent takes on characters, reset mentality of writers and constant references to formative events in material that doesn't read well to modern audiences and becomes an excuse to pad out current comics with flashbacks to retell it, constant rehashing of things (Red Onslaught, etc)...

But yeah, New Mutants lives better in the memory and as nostalgia than trying to re-read a lot of it.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So obviously they revealed a new Guardian at Fan Expo Canada. Also Mystique and Weapon X.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/08/31/in-ha ... nds-315364

Maybe it's just the angle, but the shape of Guardian's leaf really looks nothing like the actual flag. And the colours aren't quite right. But as a Canadian X-Men fan I'm pretty sure I'm legally obligated to be excited about it anyway.

Mystique looks pretty nice. There's nothing much to her other than the head sculpt and the belt/skirt, but I don't think she needs much more than that to look right.

If I live 200 years I'll never understand the popularity of the "naked Logan covered in machine bits" look. Maybe it's just because I'm more of an 80s Wolverine guy?

I guess that makes Gambit/Skullbuster/Blink/Guardian/Mystique/Weapon X next year's first X-wave, with maybe one or two more to fill out the set? Apparently they showed off art for Wendigo based on this year's Sasquatch body, which I guess probably means he's going to be the BAF for the set.