He-man vs She-ra

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

If the Filmation She-ra cartoon would have gone on to complete Season 2, and we were given a Season 3, would He-man and She-ra have freed Etheria from the Horde? Would Adora have gone back home to Eternia and taken her place as Princess of Power?

The "Secret of the Sword" and "He-man and She-ra: The Christmas Special" were both She-ra cartoon specials, so why did He-man get first billing? Also why did the She-ra Season 2 end credits give John Erwin first billing? Is this misogyny?

And did it bother Masters of the Universe fans seeing He-man constantly having to be rescued by She-ra? Did they find this emasculating?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Denyer wrote:..........Hordak's both more powerful and backed by Horde Prime.

Skeletor took down Horde Prime though:

Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

This is the greatest love story of all time:

Why don't the fantasy and sci-fi fans get behind and support Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power.

It has dragons, swords, time travel, castles, technology, etc.

What is their problem?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Game of Thrones could have easily been Masters of the Universe/Princess of Power. It's actually a blatant rip-off of these two properties.

Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power would have given us hotter girls than Game of Thrones like Teela, The Sorceress, Adora/She-ra, Glimmer, Castaspella, Evilyn, Catra, Scorpia, Celice, Sweet-Bee, Frosta, Queen Marlena, and the rest of the hotties.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Marisa wrote:Game of Thrones could have easily been Masters of the Universe/Princess of Power. It's actually a blatant rip-off of these two properties.
In the same way that Kingsman is a rip-off of Austin Powers, yes, it's exactly that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marisa wrote:Skeletor took down Horde Prime though:
The show's hardly consistent, but as far as papering over the cracks goes would posit that's just one of his minions playing big.
did it bother Masters of the Universe fans seeing He-man constantly having to be rescued by She-ra? Did they find this emasculating?
Not then or now that I recall. The MOTU show has plenty of other instances in which He-Man gets saved by others.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Weren't the Vintage toys funner than the Classics line?

You got all those cool gimmicks like the Thunderpunch and Kobra Khan's misting action, and battery-powered vehicles like the Dragon Walker.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

This was very sexy moment:

Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

What's it like being a member of he-man.org?

Is anyone going to Power-Con?

Is Filmation simply the best, better than all the rest?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marisa wrote:Weren't the Vintage toys funner than the Classics line?

You got all those cool gimmicks like the Thunderpunch and Kobra Khan's misting action, and battery-powered vehicles like the Dragon Walker.
At the time. The figures haven't aged particularly well (literally with the rubber) although the parts reuse is a defining feature that gels the line together.

He-man.org -- load of fandom politics, and from the POV of a bystander Val seems to have treated Emiliano very badly. It's noticeable how certain news doesn't get mentioned much.

Nope.

It was certainly a great achievement, and I'm looking forward to this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/de ... -grayskull
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Wait. I thought Jon Callis of Masters Cast is now in charge of he-man.org?

Isn't Emiliano the one who does all the artwork for Val?

Val seems to arbitrarily ban people who he does not like, or who draws the attention away from him.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Between that and http://www.hemanworld.com/ you'd probably be getting most if not all of the news about the franchise.

MOTU is like TF and other fairly popular things insofar as most of the stuff people might post about is on wikis or other web sites by now, and most of what's left is people saying what they do/don't like for the several-th time. And the drama about abusing the customer base with subscription models has mostly faded, people are clearing out whole collections, etc.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

MOTU and POP needs to create buzz, shake things, up, get people talking.

What better way than to rebrand He-man and She-ra as boyfriend and girlfriend, refresh their relationship for a new generation. This is the shot in the arm that these two properties desperately need. This is a reboot I can get behind.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Does this prove that Skeletor can beat Hordak in a fight? Does She-ra imply that He-man is stronger than her:

In particular, She-ra says, "But He-man, that ship is in outer space, can even you throw that far?" She also says, "Not even my brother can hold this ship much longer."

And couldn't She-ra have freed Etheria from the Horde by letting Hordak die? It is a war. She saved Hordak, let him get away, and as a result kept Etheria enslaved.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I present to you, the greatest intro to an animated movie ever:

Yes, it's even better than the Transformers animated movie intro.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I heard He-man and She-ra did eventually defeat the Horde and free Etheria in the comics. Is this true?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I want more Filmation like this:

See, it is possible to make more Filmation episodes.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

This is how you introduce new toys:

You expand the universe. Use the old characters to introduce the new characters. You don't have to kill.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I'd like for all of us to unite behind, around Adora, the Champion of Light, the leader of the Great Rebellion, She-ra - Princess of Power:

"For the Honor of Grayskull!"
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

The Masters of the Universe vs. DC crossover comic series got rave reviews.

Did Batman outsmart all the Masters and save the Justice League like he usually does?

But it's Superman and Wonder Woman that are lovers in this book. Why does he always get the girl?

Batman couldn't get Wonder Woman even when she served herself up on a platter to him in the Justice League cartoon series.

Batgirl dumped Batman after they slept together.

I think He-man needs to give him the Power of Grayskull.