He-man vs She-ra

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Marisa
Protoform

He-man vs She-ra

Post by Marisa »

Is She-ra's Sword of Protection superior to He-man's Power Sword?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's certainly more versatile. Other than than, they're both ways to unlock roughly equal amounts of power extra-dimensionally.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Are He-man and She-ra of equal physical strength?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As portrayed, although I'd defer to James Eatock type MOTU gurus since like with TFs I'm more of a comics and toys fans of the franchise, generally yes.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... y-stronger

So I'd go with the people who actually posted, rather than the majority of drive-by voters who'd go with He-Man without having anything to back it up. The inferences that they're about as strong but that more of He-Man's talents are with sheer resilience and more of She-Ra's are with magic and versatility don't seem unreasonable.

But it's not exactly a series based on realism.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Denyer wrote:It's certainly more versatile. Other than than, they're both ways to unlock roughly equal amounts of power extra-dimensionally.
How can one say Adam and Adora's Swords of Powers (referencing "The Origin of the Sorceress") are equal if they are identical, except for the extra jewel in Adora's sword?

Doesn't this imply that the Sword of Protection has everything the Sword of Power has plus something extra (i.e. the Stone in the Sword)?

Mathematically:

Sword of Protection = Sword of Power + Stone in the Sword

therefore,

Sword of Protection > Sword of Power

Can anyone refute this logical, mathematical argument?

Also, Adora's transformation sequence has both Castle Grayskull and the Crystal Castle, whereas Adam's transformation only has Castle Grayskull.

It follows that:

Castle Grayskull + The Crystal Castle > Castle Grayskull
=> Shera's Power = 2 * He-man's Power
given Castle Grayskull = Crystal Castle.

Therefore,

She-ra's Power > He-man's Power
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marisa wrote:Can anyone refute this logical, mathematical argument?
Probably a few of the writers, the council of Elders, pissed and/or somewhat misogynistic MOTU fans...

Of course, Chewbacca is a wookie who lives on Endor, so YMMV.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I think "He-man and She-ra: The Christmas Special" was a last ditch effort to save the She-ra cartoon from cancellation, by making Princess of Power and Masters of the Universe one. That movie made the two worlds One.

Filmation should have done this from the very start, or at least a lot earlier in season 1.

It breaks my heart that the cartoon was cancelled.

If only they would not have waited so long, they could have built up to it.

But they were forced to rush it.

I wanted more episodes with He-man guest starring.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I wish I could play with my He-man and She-ra figures like they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

I wish I could make believe they were the Power couple.

I'd love stories where Adam and Adora fall in love.

Can I do this?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fan fiction has almost certainly beaten you to it (and beaten off to it) with incest themes or anything else.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I definitely felt there was a lot of chemistry between He-man and She-ra, Adam and Adora, He-man and Adora, etc.....when I watched "The Secret of the Sword".

In truth I felt a lot of physical attraction between them throughout the show.

This is a real phenomena known as genetic sexual attraction:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic ... attraction

Is this a well known fact because I've just recently come across it? But it does explain why the Twins of Power seem to have the hots for each other.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Are the He-man and She-ra mini comics worth buying?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Why couldn't King Randor and all the Masters from Eternia invade Etheria and drive out the Horde?

He-man, She-ra, The Sorceress with the Power of Castle Grayskull could have easily done it. The Sorceress stated in "The Secret of the Sword" that the Horde were no match for Randor's brave soldiers and the Magic of Castle Grayskull.

The fact that She-ra never was able to free Etheria from the evil forces of Hordak made her and the She-ra cartoon a failure.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

In one episode of She-ra Light Hope says that all the Power of Castle Grayskull is contained in her Sword.

Could that explain why she seems to have powers beyond He-man and the Sorceress (eg. The Power to Heal)?

Maybe He-man's Sword only has part of the Power of Grayskull. This is evidenced by the fact that he could not lift up Castle Grayskull until he prayed to the Sorceress and got all the Power.

He-man's transformation sequence seems to show his Sword as a conduit for drawing power from Castle Grayskull. Whereas She-ra's transformation sequence shows all the Power emanating from the gem in her Sword.

Does the fact that the Sword of Protection can be rendered useless by cracking the jewel make it more vulnerable than the Sword of Power?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marisa wrote:Are the He-man and She-ra mini comics worth buying?
Assuming you're talking about the Dark Horse reprint hardcover, it's good value if that's your flavour of nostalgia. Better written than a lot of episodes although that isn't saying much.

Attacking Etheria in force involves leaving Eternia undefended, is the simplest explanation. It could also be argued Hordak has more resources there too.

Certainly more interesting to have a cartoon where the good guys don't very easily trounce the bad ones completely -- i.e. I find POP relatively watchable, whereas MOTU is more hit and miss.

The swords themselves probably don't function as more than keys and conduits. Thinking about magic in terms of equations and as a zero sum game usually tends to be a bit of a dead end. It's like reading AD&D setting novels -- having some rules callbacks establishes a tone but ultimately it's just writers making stuff up.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Is the Tappers of Grayskull a good game?

I got frustrated because it was taking too long to unlock She-ra. I gave up. I quit. I deleted the app and lost all my progress. Now I have to start all over again.

Is she worth the time and effort.

I heard that if you unlock She-ra it will change your life forever. Is this true?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Why doesn't the Dark Horse Minicomic book include every She-ra Minicomic? It's not worth it then. When will Mattel learn that He-man and She-ra are stronger together.

They keep on wanting to tear them apart like when they were babies.

Randor and Marlena are a disgrace as parents, and Man-At-Arms is a joke as a guardian. They gave up looking for Adora.

The Power of Grayskull and the Sorceress are all frauds. Even Zodac could not find Adora. How can the cosmic enforcer not be able to find his ass with both hands?

Eternia is controlled by a bunch of incompetent boobs. They're worse than Skeleor's henchman.

Twins of Power my ass. He-man and She-ra together should be able to free Etheria from Hordak.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I think He-man and the Sorceress would make a good match because they have a telepathic connection, and he's her protector.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I always thought Swiftwind was better than Battlecat because he could fly.

I also thought She-ra's transformation sequence was more spectacular than He-man's. Her battle cry "For the Honor of Grayskull" was much stronger and deeper, and sexier. It made Adam's "By the Power of Grayskull" sound like a weak girl.

It seemed like looking at their two swords, the jewel in She-ra's sword makes it stand out; it makes He-man's sword look plain in comparison.

Also, She-ra was fighting a more substantial villain. Skeletor was just Hordak's pupil.

On top of all that, She-ra had more powers (eg. healing, communicating with animals, etc) and a mutating sword.

And She-ra seemed to be at least as physically strong as He-man, and much more agile.

Did Princess of Power castrate the Masters of the Universe fans, alienating them and ultimately bringing about their own cancellation?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Marisa wrote:The Power of Grayskull and the Sorceress are all frauds. Even Zodac could not find Adora. How can the cosmic enforcer not be able to find his ass with both hands?
Marisa wrote:She-ra was fighting a more substantial villain. Skeletor was just Hordak's pupil.
Leaving aside Zodac being shifty at the best of times, Hordak's both more powerful and backed by Horde Prime.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Hordak seemed to keep losing to Skeletor in the She-ra cartoon.

And Skeletor was going to conquer Horde Prime with the Bee people.

Why did Princess of Power keep stealing Masters of the Universe characters like Hordak, Stonedar, Rockon, etc?

Couldn't it be argued that Masters of the Universe made the She-ra cartoon bad-ass?