General LEGO discussion (inc. collectible minifigs)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Well I'll be buying the Mystery Machine as soon as I get the chance but it kinda sucks that in order to collect the whole gang it'd cost loads because Daphne and Velma are only available in the most expensive sets.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Lego Minifigures Series 14 - MONSTERS!!!!
Attachments
MinifigureSeries14.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Formed a band!

Wyldstyle And The Micromanagers

They sing songs about death and things. Probably.

Nexo Nights looks to be interesting (think this is the stuff that got that fella in that C4 doc about Lego a job with them)

http://www.lego.com/en-gb/nexoknights/videos
Attachments
The Micromanagers (800x600).jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neat. I should really get back into actually building, have had a hankering to do a Black Templars style dread with claws or something...

Not sure about that name, but Nexo stuff should hopefully go down well with kids. Cross-pollinating the themes is a step in the right direction.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Have completely lost track... do like the shark and the fact gold wing pieces will be available...

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/12/0 ... s-15-news/

http://i.imgur.com/1vehvBA.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Looks pretty cool! Love that the astronaut has a classic Space-logo flag. Do wish they'd come up with more ideas for historical female figs that were more than just "girl version of what we did before", though.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the Monsters so far, though! I've got Bigfoot, two zombie pirates, a gargoyle and Frankenstein's monster so far, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few more before they disappear from stores.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Native American Woman with infant
:eyebrow: Uuuuuuuugh. :lol:

LEFT SHAAAAAARK!

Must have farmer. Yes it's just because there's a pig.

Knights/Queen are yoink, Skunk Catcher (similar reasons as farmer), and Robot Warrior.

Watch though, I'll end up with like ten injun ladies.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...like me with all my zombie pirates... bloody four of them. arrr. or, urrgh...as they might say.

I love the monsters too. Particualrly fond of the zombie cheerleader :) The new series looks pretty good. I like the janitor/ cleaner, the cat burglar and the knight dude.

Bought Blocks magazine this month which announced that they're doing the Ghostbusters firehouse, which is in scale with the Ecto-1 set. Might be old news. It is massive, but not terribly interesting to look at from outside. The new modular bank looks great though. I love the modular buildings, they're so cool. Shame I have no room for them so have steered well clear. Both up on Lego.com:

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Brick-Bank-10251
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Anyone here ever shop at bricklink? There's a couple of childhood sets I'm missing pieces on but a lot of the sellers have a minimum price that you have to purchase parts for, the amount of parts I need doesn't even come close to what it usually is (around ten dollars) and I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of pieces I don't need, so if anyone'd be interested in some kind of a co-purchase...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wifey got the this year's City advent calendar which I finally completed today. Some really nice and inventive little builds in there and some fun parts, but the best part was my 2-year old spent all afternoon playing with it and the handful of bits I hooked down from the attic. **** Duplo.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Got a few minifigs as stocking stuffers this year -- turned put to be a a female samurai and two Egyptians. They're cool, though I'm starting to wonder if maybe I've got too many minifigs. Running out of space on the shelves for them.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I spent Boxing Day putting together Lego Friends sets for my sister's kids and now I need you people to tell me not to spend all my money on the SHIELD Helicarrier or the Millennium Falcon or something like that.

Thanks!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You'll get no help from me, chum... I went and bought Cloud Cuckoo Land ("for Aria"). After she went down for the night I switched everyone's heads back to the right bodies and am now pretty sure I'm Lord Business. :(
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'd go for the Millenium Falcon over the Hellicarrier. Cheaper, for one thing.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is a surprisingly great set. I love all the Fabuland colours and the minifigures are brill. Good play features too. I just wish there was more of it.

I've spent the money from hawking some of my Transformers and comics on the Detectives Office, and am looking forward to that when it turns up. I've really fancied giving these huge modular sets a whirl. Really like the look of the Bank that's due out too.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, the set was surprisingly effective; the film's Aria's latest "watch every day, sometimes even twice" DVD and it was nice to find the three main characters I didn't have all in one set (Emmet, Wild Style and Unikitty; already had Batman and have enough broken blue Spacemen to form an army...), and considering how expensive Lego was really expected the set to be basically a baseplate with a roof. But yeh, loads of weird bits I wouldn't have turned up in usual buying, odd colours, surprisingly involved build and a couple of silly action features than made Aria laugh for something like two hours solid, nice little set.

Trying to hold off buying much more until I've got round to pulling all the boxes I already have down from the attic and sorting... Got to say having the little one so interested in it is incredibly cool. We got her the carry case supermarket Junior set for Christmas and that's a nice little set too, if you like that sort of thing - the construction wasn't actually particularly simplified, it's just like one of the old Town shops they used to do with more accessories. Am loving the way they're feeding all the cool accessories, hairpieces etc. from the bagged Minifigs back into the regular sets.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll have to look that up. I like the more...pedestrian Lego stuff. Although it was a bit rubbish, I loved the blue Town post office I had when I was little.

I've really been enjoying Lego lately, still loving the 2013 Castle stuff I bought a year or so ago, and have recently added an armoury to the good guys big Castle. Still trying to figure out something decent for the dragon knights, I've got an idea of what I want, but I'm struggling to realise it. But that's what I love, trying stuff out and taking it apart again if it looks balls.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

On Amazon. And yeh, I've found a bit of a break from it (put up in the attic for reasons of space 3/4 years ago) has certainly made it seem a lot more exciting. Most of my models got broken down unintentionally in being moved from box to box and recall as to what exactly I have and what was in process is a bit dim but very excited to try and find out.

Yeh, I'm quite a fan of normal civilian town stuff, rather than having the whole place populated by emergency services personnel. I'm not really a natural designer, so the whole idea of 'remixing' existing shops and the like to fill out the town is about my level; looking forward to trying a few new things with the massive number of cool new parts that things like the film, Friends and the Minifigs have brought into the line. Part of my hobby with Lego is trying to make the town we have just that bit more realistic in terms of the buildings in it and the like.

Though obviously the town is also a Grand Prix circuit too.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Heh, I loved your town set up and looking through the pics on your blog :)

Remixing is where I've started too. Kings Castle is a good set, but internally its quite bare, so I've enjoyed filling it out.

That Juniors set has some good features. Love the scooter!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is there some significance to the toilet stall, other than presumably being part of the build (which seems unusual for a LEGO set)?

Who really is a natural fit with any theme, isn't it? :up: