Transformers: More than Meets the Eye season two discussion

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

So does Swerve just show up as a minor character with a bit of plating on his shoulder in Chaos? It's not like you ever saw who shot him, is it?

Really happy that so much has been addressed about Swerve after all this time, that Skids is recalling comments from 40 issues ago, as well as that bit of Swerve that we saw back in the Annual, and when Blurr signed his hand.

Looking forward to some more story involving Ambulon. Especially as Rack 'n Ruin mentioned that both he and First Aid share that similarity now.

Loved Rodimus' avatar. The only thing that could have made it better was if he was obviously Stan Bush, and I did think that for a moment!

Nightbeat as Luther and Tailgate as a slightly older child were well done, and it was great to see Rung depicted as he looked on the cover of issue 13, as opposed to how he looked on the pages of issue 13 (the Hedonia issue).
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

And here's a reeeeeeally nice touch; did anyone notice that in the panel where Tailgate is reading out issue 21 (Remain in Light) to everyone, that on the table you can see his straw sitting in a Cyclonus-themed cup, with little Cyclonus horns and rib design?

That could be the start of a new line of merchandise; MTMTE themed character mugs, wouldn't that be the best!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Auntie Slag wrote:So does Swerve just show up as a minor character with a bit of plating on his shoulder in Chaos? It's not like you ever saw who shot him, is it?
Pretty much, yeah. And no, no idea who shot him or even when
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Fantastic notion that First Aid has been keeping an eye out for the next message all this time, only to realise it was right under his nose once he's left the Lost Light. Seriously, how pissed would you be, as a Wreckers über fan, to miss out on the next bit of the story in such a way?

Wouldn't you want to say: "Screw the Combiner Wars, and turn this ship around"!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

We'd all say that.

Presumably as it's a two (?three? Who has the time scale!) year old message the only useful information that might be in it is the location of the DJD base.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

It seems to be fairly well known the DJD live on Messatine, and the Autobots built the Delphi mining station there. Was it ever explained why the Autobots did that? Were they also after the super nucleon/energon/nuke stuff that the DJD love?

That might explain why no-one decided to destroy the planet so the Universe could be free of the DJD; everyone was/is after the same valuable stuff.

Pharma, Dogfight and the others must've been pocketing some serious danger money to be mining next to the most notorious killers in the galaxy.
Reminds me of the scene in Clerks re: the debate about contractors working on the Death Star!

Time to go back to the Delphi story for clues. I wonder if Chromedome's ever messed around in Brainstorm's mind? I bet he has, the little tinker! Just like to state again that the most immoral & bastardly-evil character in the entire IDW-verse is Chromedome by a big, wide margin. And still no-one says: "But Chromedome, why is it are you so supremely skilled, and yet not dead like your many cohorts"?

He's behind it all (to a fashion).
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I always though the reason the autobots didnt take out the DJD was that during the war they were doing a good job at taking out their own. And I always felt that their strength over powerful decepticons would be their insider knowledge. Put them up against Autobots and it would be a closer battle. At least I thought this until they butchered the ALL (but that can be explained by the nuke) This would also explain why Megatron didnt push them to the front line more often - they are powerful but not THAT powerful.

Never could fully comprehend why Delphi was so close to the DJD by choice it would seem.

Just a thought on what the buttle means for Agent 113 - I think its his termination notice. It happens before Roberts takes over writing and we know Vos is a new addition to the DJD but Agent 113 has been there a while so I'm wondering if maybe the previous Vos was Agent 113, he was outed and sends out one final message before being killed and then we get the new Vos.

Thats my shot anyway.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Hmm, the bullet message. My guess is we are about to get another Skids revelation. He seems popular, and has been set up as the first crew member to care enough about Swerve to check on him. Time for the news that he used to be Agent 113, and as such did unspeakable things, to drop. That should explain the Empyrean Suite in his head and Chromedome keeping his memories hidden.

On the topic of Chromedome, why do get this image of the entire crew being exposed to UV light, and every single one of them has needle scars on the back of their neck? Kind of a horror reveal, that one. I agree that Chromedome is one of the most morally questionable people on board. How does anyone around him know that their memories haven't been manipulated? He has already shown he is willing to jump someone and inject against their will.
Wreck and Rule!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Rare visit to Twitter produced --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1L9ZFn37kY

Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Likewise, the chap who mapped the panels to go with this Katy Perry track is white-hot for choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znb-JmSf1aU
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

...so, for all the jabbing and jibing, I had to throw this one at ya folks.

a spin on the Cheers theme, by a Raelien called "Where Ten can't even say your name".

just a little more humor for the sake of what they were shooting for- since Swerve all but worshiped the sitcom concept.

https://soundcloud.com/raelien/where-te ... -your-name
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote: On the topic of Chromedome, why do get this image of the entire crew being exposed to UV light, and every single one of them has needle scars on the back of their neck? Kind of a horror reveal, that one. I agree that Chromedome is one of the most morally questionable people on board. How does anyone around him know that their memories haven't been manipulated? He has already shown he is willing to jump someone and inject against their will.
Thats an awesome idea for a splash panel.
Terome

Post by Terome »

God Jinrai wrote:...so, for all the jabbing and jibing, I had to throw this one at ya folks.

a spin on the Cheers theme, by a Raelien called "Where Ten can't even say your name".

just a little more humor for the sake of what they were shooting for- since Swerve all but worshiped the sitcom concept.

https://soundcloud.com/raelien/where-te ... -your-name
Fine work!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Does anyone know why Mirage was on a slab in the ship with First Aid and Groove? Was he ill or had he been shot?

On a side note; with Getaway being somewhat dodgy, I'm wondering if there's a link between him and Tyrest. I mean that Tyrest was able to rather spectacularly work out how to engineer the nudge gun into a thought weapon on his own staff that could affect multiple opponents. If he was able to do that, and he's got people so skilled that they could save Pharma and Magnus from near spark shutdown, he must've done something to Getaway.
zigzagger

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #44

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #44 three-page preview by way of iTunes.

Full issue out September 2nd.
Attachments
mtmte44p3.jpg
mtmte44p2.jpg
mtmte44p1.jpg
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

So it seems that old claw hand Vos was indeed 113 and that's nice that we don't have an immediate agreement to detour. Also nice to see the Necrobot again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

So they have a map. Anyone taking odds on Swerve or somebody destroying the desk in a 'hilarious' accident by the end of the issue? Hope someone thinks to draw a copy on like every third wall on the ship or something.
Hell, since it's a carving, just make a mold off it and start mass producing the suckers
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Wow, for once rodimus does something good! Wondered what he was carving.

Called the vos thing (although I threw so many theories one was bound to stick) ��
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Agent 113 appears to be so simple and out of the left field, especially after all the hours I've spent theorizing over it :lol:

Is this a 3rd known Vos? We have Gun Vos, Hook Vos [Megatron trial footage], and Claw Vos? Or are the previous 2 connected?

Either way, looks like a spikier Rodimus.

Rodimus carving theory has been thrown about since the first space barnacle issue. Looks good.

Artist can mimic whomever he wants very, very nicely I must add.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I thought Hook Vos and Claw Vos were one and the same, with different people choosing different descriptors for his appendages. Anyway, he's clearly Roller / Dominus Ambus / Delta Magnus / Pious Maximus / a re-animated Pharma rebuilt and sent back in time to make amends. :p
Wreck and Rule!