Transformers Generations 'Thrilling 30' Toy News

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

In-hand pics of Whirl, via the Allspark

Speaking as a big fan of Whirl's original design, this thing is so beautiful I can't even find words. Looking forward to it more than any Transformer (bar MP Soundwave, who might be a tie) in recent memory. :)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Man, he does look awesome - an incredible homage indeed!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

It's looks cool, but I can't help but be distracted by the presence of a sticker sheet. I thought we were past those?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

His face is kind of dark and soulless....

Perfect.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Look forward to.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Looks pretty nifty... quite skinny looking and a bit lost in the huge box. The 'three modes' seems a bit of a silly sell - what the heck else will he turn into?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Skyquake87 wrote:Looks pretty nifty... quite skinny looking and a bit lost in the huge box. The 'three modes' seems a bit of a silly sell - what the heck else will he turn into?
I think it's the gerwalk mode if I remember right.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Deluxe Wave 5 including Arcee and Chromia confirmed (no pictures)

Not that I don't doubt the authenticity of the listing, but I'd take a deep breath before getting too hopeful. Given Hasbro's tendency in the last few years to skip or cancel later waves, let's be cautiously optimistic.

Also, the security at the manufacturing level has much improved, hasn't it? Ten years ago, we had illicit knowledge of new Energon toys (via stolen test shots, etc.) a good six months before they actually showed up at retail. Now, new stuff is kept under wraps all the way to six weeks before release (thinking of Generations Sandstorm specifically).

EDIT: BBTS has the wave up for pre-order.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Clay wrote:Deluxe Wave 5 including Arcee and Chromia confirmed (no pictures)

Not that I don't doubt the authenticity of the listing, but I'd take a deep breath before getting too hopeful. Given Hasbro's tendency in the last few years to skip or cancel later waves, let's be cautiously optimistic.

Also, the security at the manufacturing level has much improved, hasn't it? Ten years ago, we had illicit knowledge of new Energon toys (via stolen test shots, etc.) a good six months before they actually showed up at retail. Now, new stuff is kept under wraps all the way to six weeks before release (thinking of Generations Sandstorm specifically).
A couple of thoughts:

1) From what Hasbro has said, so far, Generations is going to be around at least as long as the next movie. Seeing as there is space to fill I'm not very skeptical these guys will make it to market, if Arcee and Chromia are, in fact, in the wave.

2) I seem to recall seeing some of the RotF and HftD toys months and months before their release. That said, you're right. Security at Hasbro's end has gotten a lot tighter then it used to be. I wonder what's changed.
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

WORKER 003597, OFTEN REFERRED TO AS "ALAN", HAS BEEN TERMINATED. LEAKS ARE DOWN, MORALE IS UP, AND THE BREAKROOM REFRIGERATOR IS ONCE AGAIN A SECURE PLACE TO KEEP LABELED SANDWICHES AND YOGURTS. THE DECISION WAS VALID.
COLLECT THEM ALL! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

And first pics of leader Jetfire are up.

Never been much fan of the design, but the toy sure is beautiful.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Actually love this one. The earlier one has too many flaws, especially after 8 years of release.

Though I am dying to see the other leader, Megatron, they have up. People are saying he turns to a tank, he's close to the recent IDW design and toyfair starts sometime next week.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That Skyfire does look awesome, and I'd certainly try to pick him up if he is the Generations Leader Class figure. However, I do still love my Classics Voyager figure.

I really do hope Leader Megatron is good - there's not been a decent Classics-style Megatron yet, and I'd love one. I would like a similar scale Optimus Prime to go alongside him though. What are the odds of that? It's been a while since a mainstream Classics G1-inspired release of ye olde Convoy...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I domn't like Jetfire enough to need another toy of him, but that does seem nicely done, presumably the couple of third party people who were doing their own version will be buggered again.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Oh don't get me wrong; as a character/cartoon appearance, Jetfire does nothing for me. I don't even get why he's so popular, he shows up for 3-4 episodes and that's it.

As an airplane and Macross enthusiast though, it's pretty easy to like him :up:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ay-179263/

Prefer the earlier one.
Agreed. This one smooths out a lot of issues with the original, but I miss the chunky aesthetics of the Classics toy and all the pop-off accessories. This guy is going to look really cool looming over a shelf of Generations toys but I don't think he'll be anywhere near as much fun to play with.

Also not a fan of either of his heads.
Terome

Post by Terome »

He is neat and would probably look great with the other recent Masterpiece guys but I like my Voyager guy well enough.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

That Jetfire does look nice, and while the one from a few years ago isn't perfect, I'm not sure why we need a new one. I think I need to see better pics.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The more I look at it, the more I like it. This Jetfire is pretty much perfect looking, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like Jetfire. [I LOVE the VF1, though].

Main deciding factors will be the size, and how clean that underside is going to look. It does look a bit kibbly and there's a lot of parts from the robot that I don't see on top of the jet...

It also appears that they're going to give us the option to sticker it up with those red wing labels. If that's the case, PLEASE Hasbro include the same labels in blue, green and yellow/black. [Macross colours].

Depending on how Megatron is going to look, and again, their SIZE...this might be the first time since 2009 or so that I'll just preorder a case and call it a day.