POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Oh yes, I'd been warned. People had told me. But I didn't listen. Today I can that step closer to completing my LSOTW Wreckers with Impactor.

What the ****? Seriously? This was created by the same people who have come up with Springer and so many other neat Generations toys recently? Was it "Bring your crack cocaine to work" day? Who thought having his back be Emerite Xaaron's face was a good idea? The girly arms? The crap alt mode? Onslaught must cry himself to sleep every night, I mean, unlike Impactor he was in the cartoon! He deserves better.

Worst toy I've owned in ages. Possibly ever.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... d663b851bd
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

inflatable dalek wrote:Oh yes, I'd been warned. People had told me. But I didn't listen. Today I can that step closer to completing my LSOTW Wreckers with Impactor.

What the ****? Seriously? This was created by the same people who have come up with Springer and so many other neat Generations toys recently? Was it "Bring your crack cocaine to work" day? Who thought having his back be Emerite Xaaron's face was a good idea? The girly arms? The crap alt mode? Onslaught must cry himself to sleep every night, I mean, unlike Impactor he was in the cartoon! He deserves better.

I'm usually pretty lenient with Hasbro on toys but I have to agree with you there. The FoC(ed up) Onslaught mold is terrible. The colors are terrible and the mold is just...yea. I seriously think the FoC Combaticons where designed with the combined mode in mind, and even then they are pretty bleh. Besides being pretty hollow (which I can forgive in a combiner) Swindle and Blast-Off made out the best.

Maybe there are a few design teams in HasTak and they parcel up the work? I hope that's what's going on here.

On that note I picked up Generations Trailbreaker. I was really on the fence about this guy for a long time. Then seeing him in person he won me over. After fiddling with him a bit I've decided I like him. The odd thing, got me, is the sheer number of 5mm peg holes he's got on him. Besides his hands the back of both forearms, the upper arms, the top of his forcefeild generator, two on his shield/gun, and one on the outside of his shins up by the knee. You could, say, slather your Trailbreaker in weapons:
Attachments
Trailbreaker.JPG
Clay

Post by Clay »

inflatable dalek wrote:Oh yes, I'd been warned. People had told me. But I didn't listen. Today I can that step closer to completing my LSOTW Wreckers with Impactor.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... d663b851bd
There's an alternative from the DIY sphere: Impactor conversion kit for Warpath. It requires painting, and a Warpath... and if you want it in a higher resolution print, it gets quite pricey, but it's pretty spot-on.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Gosh, where to start.

The past like two weeks I've been acquiring almost everything I had been looking for that was either being sold in stores or readily available online. I got BH Smokescreen and Ripclaw off of Amazon, found Generations Grimlock when I went back to Target the same day I got those two in the mail. I go downtown to visit my girlfriend, we go shopping out by the Target near her place, I find myself Sandstorm and Predacons Rising Skylynx (she got herself a Ravage and Rumble two-pack). Monday, I come back home, I get Springer from my local Target. Then when I'm out cruising, I stop in another a ways out and stumble upon Deluxe Trailcutter.

It's as if I've been blessed by the lords of Hasbro themselves and yet... if I could but only find the remaining Predacon Legends figures outside of Twinstrike, then I might be satisfied... For another week.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was in Home Bargains and the shelves are awash again with Transformers : DOTM, Prime (this time including that f**k ugly massive Cyberverse Optimus Prime barnacle thing) and Bot Shots and picked up Ultra Magnus, as its looking doubtful the Beast Hunters version will show up over here, so giddy have Hasbro been with padding Beast Hunters out with fifteen different flavours of Predaking that you can't move for the guy. Skyquake has also put in a reappearance if you're quick enough.

Yet to get Magnus out of the box, but he doesn't look quite as bad as his Cyberverse toy makes out and I prefer having a different vehicle mode to Optimus. The hammer is awful looking though. Magnus looks more like a labourer lugging some scaffold.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Clay wrote:There's an alternative from the DIY sphere: Impactor conversion kit for Warpath. It requires painting, and a Warpath... and if you want it in a higher resolution print, it gets quite pricey, but it's pretty spot-on.

Hey, that actually works! Shame I've no kitbash skills. I've never understood why they just didn't put out G2 hero Megatron out in Impactor colours, he fits damn near perfectly even without mods and it'd be a cheap and cheerful reuse that'd work better than Bludgeon.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Was out and about with the kids this weekend and came across Generations Hoist. I like him better than Trailcutter, for the simple paint job. The mold itself is pretty nice for both guys, but I just like the aesthetics of Hoist better.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

As the local Walmart continues to not really bring in new stuff in large amounts, I found a Prime Beast Hunters Dreadwing. Once I got rid of his horrific saw/grabber thing, he actually looks good for a Deluxe. He compares nicely to the Voyager Beast Hunter Op.

I just have to figure out how to get him to hold his cannon like he did on the show.....
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Inaction Master

Just got in Mech iDeas Demolition Crue Apex and Geminus. They're my first figures from a third-party company and I cannot stop myself playing with them. They are really excellent representations of the old Jumpstarters and make for some great display pieces. I can only hope that the group's level of quality and design continue with whatever other projects they have lined up in the future.

Also, I got Machine Wars Thundercracker (the original, not the BotCon exclusive) and Generation 2: Redux Streetstar from the BotCon 2010 boxed set.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Transformers: Generations-Fall of Cybertron Autobot Blaster & Steeljaw
The Transformers: Generations-Fall of Cybertron Grimlock

I found them at the Wal-Mart store I frequent Monday and didn't have the money to buy them. Knowing I would have the money and be back there today (Wednesday) I carefully hid them behind some non-TF robots and cover them with a punch of TFP Bumblebee and Optimus Prime toys and when I went there this morning, they were still there and I bought them.

And before you ask: I don't feel bad about doing that. :devil:
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Snagged Generations Hoist on a whim. I think I prefer that mold as Hoist over Trailbreaker. I think it has something to do with the colors.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I bought Prime Ultra Magnus on clearance at Home Bargains. he's pretty good :)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got a nifty package from Denyer the other day, containing none else than the decepticon data discs 2 packs!

FOC Rumble/Frenzy: Decent mould, already had prior experience from Eject and Rewind. Nicely poseable for it's size, although due to all the springs only the arms have meaningful and usable articulation.

FOC Ratbat: First Ratbat I ever owned, and got him the day I saw pictures of MP Ratbat. Quite decent re-use and remould of Buzzsaw/Laserbeak. Sadly can't do much as all his moveable parts have springs, meaning he can't hold any position other than fully collapsed or fully expanded.

FOC Ravage: Hmmm...due to actually having parts that move manually during transformation, this one is giving me trouble going back and forth modes. The way his back legs are joined makes me think I'll break it each time I transform him to disco mode. Wish his torso would click securely under the pressure of the springs on his front part, as it would improve his design and looks. Nice paint detailing.

Makes me want Soundwave to complete the playset, heh.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Knightdramon wrote:FOC Ravage: The way his back legs are joined makes me think I'll break it each time I transform him to disco mode.
Funky! Pics naow!

<Imagines Ravage in a white suit. Niiiiiiice.>
Wreck and Rule!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

lol yeah, disc mode :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I found Beast Hunters Hun-grrr today, and was rather surprised by it. Not altogether fond of the guy, though. It's nice that he seems bigger and bulkier than Sinnertwin, and that Legion-scale gun with a bayonet is certainly cool. But he's got none of the slick, updated quality that Sinnertwin had.

He replicates the general design of the G1 toy adequately, but he's missing seven or eight points of articulation that the original toy had (and just how often can we say that about a G1 toy?) and is pretty disappointing all in all.

He's also a faded-looking light red instead of the bright pink of the original, which is a damn shame.
Inaction Master

I bought Prime Soundwave off a guy online and it just came in today. I'm gonna be giving it to my girlfriend when she comes over to visit this weekend - little anniversary gift.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Warcry wrote:I found Beast Hunters Hun-grrr today, and was rather surprised by it. Not altogether fond of the guy, though. It's nice that he seems bigger and bulkier than Sinnertwin, and that Legion-scale gun with a bayonet is certainly cool. But he's got none of the slick, updated quality that Sinnertwin had.
Comparing Legends Hun-Grr to Generation One is a bit ridiculous, though, as there's a SLIGHT difference in scale there. No, the legend figure isn't all that great, but since he serves not only as an acceptable robot and twin-headed dragon mode, but as the torso and head of Abominus without the additional pieces that the G1 toy required, I think it comes out well enough.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Jaynz wrote:Comparing Legends Hun-Grr to Generation One is a bit ridiculous, though, as there's a SLIGHT difference in scale there.
How many G1 toys of any size have more points of articulation than an average Legion these days? G1 Hun-grrr is such a ridiculous outlier (really, if he had ball-jointed shoulders he'd be on par with a modern Deluxe or Voyager) that I thought it was worth mentioning. I don't think I've ever seen a modern toy so hopelessly outclassed by something from the 80s before.
Jaynz wrote:No, the legend figure isn't all that great, but since he serves not only as an acceptable robot and twin-headed dragon mode, but as the torso and head of Abominus without the additional pieces that the G1 toy required, I think it comes out well enough.
I just think it's a bit of a shame. In G1, Hun-grrr was awesome but all the other Terrorcons are really pretty awful (I love them, but it's hard to defend those designs). And in the first update that the team gets in two decades, Hun-grrr got the short end of the stick. All the other Terrorcons are, if not good, then at least miles ahead of the originals.

All five of them suffer for the lack of elbow, knee and head articulation, but in Hun-grrr's case it really stands out because having those joints is what the original is best known for.

The built-in combiner head is cool though, I admit, and using his tail as the chest plate is a nice touch.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I now have an MP Soundwave in the loft, awaiting Christmas. :)

And FOC Ultra Magnus. UM is truly the duly appointed wielder of the he-uuuuge sword. Although it does remind me quite a lot of the ridiculously large red sword/penis substitute used by the Red Ranger in Power Rangers Samurai. UM is a surprisingly fun figure, slightly odd face sculpt notwithstanding. I likes him. :)
Wreck and Rule!