[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Summerhayes wrote:Got my Wii U! Super duper excited

Done the update, sorted my Mii etc, transferred all the data from my Wii across absolutely loved the little video with the Pikmin, especially the purple one who nearly gets left behind, resigns himself to his fate and is saved at the last minute and sat down to finally play a game . . . now waiting for another update on nintendoland. fml

and still waiting for the shop to get any copies of Zombi U or Batman
What do you think so far? I don't have plans to get one at the moment since I already have tons of games, a PS3, 360, and Wii. Plus there's no Zelda out for it yet, nor a sequel to Mario Galaxy 2, so I'm not really interested at the moment.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

ganon578
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I bought a pre-owned copy of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
What do you think of it? I had never played the original except for about 30 mins or so with a buddy of mine back when it was released. I enjoyed the Anniversary edition, but it did feel really dated, HD skin and all.

Overall though, I think this is a fantastic way to do HD remakes of old games; most of the time they're the same game just modded to fit HD resolution. Having the old engine run the game and the Reach engine doing the HD graphics is smart, IMO.
I'll be honest Ganon, the way I'm going with my games, It will be a long time before I get around to Halo: CEA, but I have heard good things about it, so my hopes are up.

Also, I bought Far Cry 3: Insane Edition on Thursday.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Lord Of The Rings on X360, it also came with a couplke of character DLC sheets and a Elrond Lego mini-figure.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I bought Farenheit on PS2 today for £2. It came with a genuine Sony memory card inside, which used to cost a stupid amount years ago.

I used to have Farenheit on the original X-Box, it was cool. If I had a 360 I'd probably be well into Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Criterion's Need For Speed: Most Wanted on PS3.

I love Criterion's racing games.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I was planning to buy The Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3 this week but I had to get my comics and food instead.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I finlly broke down and got the last dlc for alan wake, and it did not let me down. Great dlc to a masterpiece of a game, but it doesnt really answer any qustions just hints a sequel we may never get.
I also picked up Super mario galaxy and metriod other m. i dont actually own a wii but i caught wind that im getting a wii u for xmas and they were both $10 brand new so i figuered why not. i havent had a nintendo console since the super nintendo so im super excited to finally play mario again, and believe it or not ive never played a zelda or metroid so i cant wait to finally try em. And i dont care what the reviews say zombiu still looks amazing to me!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I was planning to buy The Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3 this week but I had to get my comics and food instead.
But you already have ME2 and 3 on two different systems. Why the hell would you buy the trilogy as well?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sixswitch wrote:But you already have ME2 and 3 on two different systems. Why the hell would you buy the trilogy as well?
"But you already have five Optimus Primes. Why the hell would you buy another one?"

Fans collect strange things. It might not be how I'd choose to spend my pocket money (because toys and such are obviously so much more practical ;)), but I think I can understand the motivation behind it.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

This week I bought a copy of Animal Crossing on the Gamecube from an Italian lady who says she did the Italian localisation for the game (translation: lots of cute little animals talking loudly & turning up late for things).

I then told her why my niece prefers the Gamecube version over the Wii (and you don't get the NES games in the Wii version either).

And before anyone bashes me with xenophobic stick, I used to live with an Italian and now I have one next door and they both do this. By that cast-iron logic all the other millions of Italians do too.;)

[Edit]And to the PS3 Killer, Mario Galaxy is just ace! Great purchase.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I bought Dark Souls yesterday. Then I died a lot. It's incredibly unforgiving but a very interesting game so far.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

angloconvoy wrote:I bought Dark Souls yesterday. Then I died a lot. It's incredibly unforgiving but a very interesting game so far.
it was too much for me. unrelenting difficulty just wasn't fun!!

bought beat hazard ultra on ps3. pretty epic with the right music. not one for epilepsy sufferers though :D
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

i made it to the second boss in dark souls and then i broke my headset from throwing it across the room. But i loved every minute of it, its just something about it thats so attractive. but i never got past that boss... and i never will.
On topic i picked up ZombiU, cant play it till the 25th but something i did find rather awesome is the disc. its got rounded edges unlike a normal disc that has a flat rim all around it. it just feels so diffrent and very nice anyone else who has a wii u on here knows what im talking about. And for anyone who cares i can tell its based off a bluray disc and i think its a single layer disc but thats just from looking at it. Oh and the instruction booklet is 12 pages and its all in english!!! thats so rare these days and a nice touch!
Quick question if you download one of the free games from playstaion plus do you get to keep it after your plus time expires?
StoneCold Skywarp

no, if you get a game on plus you need an active subscription to play it, but if you buy one that's discounted then you can play that any time
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I doubt I'll actually finish it.

Beat Hazard is aces. Such a simple yet genius idea.
StoneCold Skywarp

angloconvoy wrote:I doubt I'll actually finish it.

Beat Hazard is aces. Such a simple yet genius idea.
True, it brings back fond memories of my Commodore Vic 20 playing Omega Race (simple principle, but really addictive).

Eminem provides a hell of a challenge, as did ICP
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yeah, I've tried Eminem on it.

Playing with Dare to be Stupid is pretty good, incidentally.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

So I installed Mortal Kombat Komplete, played it for a few days, realized I'm not 16 anymore, and will be passing it on to recoup my losses. I went back to Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and there's just no comparison. The graphics are better, the fighting is better, it's far more balanced, and the stupid middle school over-the-top gore isn't there. Thank you for having me back, Namco, and I'm sorry I strayed.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Decided to get myself The Dark Knight Rises and The Bard's Tale pack for the iPad. Bard's Tale is downloading(and may take awhile), TDKR is a lot of fun so far.

Also got The Respawnables.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Got my Wii U! im completely satisfied with i have literaly no complaints at all.
Keeping things kinda short DO NOT trust the reviews about zombiu! It is the best horror game in years! always keeps you on your toes and your always scared to see whats around the next corner. Nintendoland is tons of fun! I thought i whould kinda hate it but its great even by yourself but multiplayer is by far the best part about it, if you get the white 8GB this game is a must buy! I also picked up Super mario bros. U and legend of zelda twilight princess today. didnt play much of zelda but i can say Mario U is pretty dang hard! may not be for vets but my last mario was super mario bros 3 so its been along time! overall id say the wii u is worth it but you might want to wait for a price drop or just more games cause right now its a pretty dry well. and dont waste the $50 on the pro controler cause i already regret it, only 3 games support it that i know of may be more but not many, at least not yet.