Death

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Death

Post by Bartmanhomer »

I have a question to ask you. Are you afraid of death?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I don't mind dying, but I sure hate to see my children crying.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fixin' to Die?

There are some things I want to do first. Suffering bothers me more than the thought of ending. I don't see evidence for consciousness surviving death, just wishful thinking -- i.e. there's no justice that's that far deferred.

Hopefully it'll be a good few decades before I decide that the return doesn't outweigh the inconvenience, and there might be more convenient ways to do it than gaseous asphyxiation by then.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I AM INEVITABLE. IT WOULD BE LIKE FEARING TAXES. UNLIKE TAXES, I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm not afraid of death I guess, I just don't want to do it for about 50+ more years...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not entirely sure what good being afraid of death would do.

I have decided that if I ever have to commit suicide for any reason (to win a bet or as an insurance scam or whatever) I'm going to walk up to some random stranger in the street, go "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" and then blow my ****ing brains out. Either that or a suicide bombing claiming I'm a TFArchive militant so you all get arrested by DA FEDS for being terrorists.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cliffjumper wrote:Not entirely sure what good being afraid of death would do.

I have decided that if I ever have to commit suicide for any reason (to win a bet or as an insurance scam or whatever) I'm going to walk up to some random stranger in the street, go "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" and then blow my ****ing brains out. Either that or a suicide bombing claiming I'm a TFArchive militant so you all get arrested by DA FEDS for being terrorists.
I would expect nothing less really...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I am sometimes. I think it's a symptom of anxiety disorder... as stress levels go up, I start worrying about dying more and more. I generally try and sort it out by telling myself I'm being ridiculous, but during this latest bout I've been considering counselling because while it's a symptom of stress and anxiety, it also caused me more stress.

I <3 Cliffy's post, btw... :up:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I do get that a little, actually. Not so much worrying as thinking "it'd just be ****ing typical if I died right now, I want to do [X] later today". Our wedding plans are currently going far too smoothly, so I'm prety sure one of us is going to die ahead of it just to throw a spanner in the works.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:I do get that a little, actually. Not so much worrying as thinking "it'd just be ****ing typical if I died right now, I want to do [X] later today". Our wedding plans are currently going far too smoothly, so I'm prety sure one of us is going to die ahead of it just to throw a spanner in the works.
Get some wedding insurance, problem solved. For one of you.

PS: Can you ask your betrothed to give me your toys when your gone please? Thanks.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm more afraid of not having lived than dying.

Though my preferred form of death is for Kelly Brook to accidentally parachute out of the sky naked and land on my face. Even if I live long enough for us both to be in our 80's at that point.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I wouldn't say I fear death. I'm a firm believer that when you're gone, you're gone. I have no worries about being dead, as I won't be around to know anything about it.

However, I too fear decline and suffering. I'm overweight and in pretty poor shape, my joints and back are shot, and my eyesight seems to be getting worse. I'm only 33! I dread to think how I'll be physically if I make it to 70 or so...

Mental decline scares me too. I actually can't decide which is worse, physical or mental degradation with time.

I guess I hope for a quick end just before I reach the point at which life ain't fun any more. Plus, I hope my death comes at a convenient and easy time for my loved ones. Finally, I hope that in death I don't take others with me in some stupid way, like by causing a car crash, or some such. I just want to slip away quietly (and hopefully relatively painlessly - I'm a wuss) when the time is right for everyone, and not cause any more heartache than needed.

Though the Kelly Brook thing sounds good too. ;)

PS: Dalek - Are we talking heart attack or suffocation here, just so we're clear?
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote: PS: Dalek - Are we talking heart attack or suffocation here, just so we're clear?

Probably both. I might have Cheryl Cole doing something incredibly filthy to me down below at the same time as well. Might as well go out with a smile.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I'm not afraid of death. It's just one of the things in life.

I am, however, afraid of my family dying. The thought of it - is one of the few things that can make me cry.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'd have to agree that the thought of pain distresses me, but by my faith in Jesus Christ, I don't fear death. I have no doubt that I'll have eternal life in heaven because of His sacrifice on my behalf.

Happy Easter to everyone, by the way.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Sixswitch wrote:I AM INEVITABLE. IT WOULD BE LIKE FEARING TAXES. UNLIKE TAXES, I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
I'm actually pretty scared of taxes. There's nothing more terrifying than seeing the tax bill in my letterbox.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Afraid of death: no
Afraid of dieing: yes

As i am not there anymore to worry about my past life, death may come whenever it wants, but please quick and painless.
I would even choose to not wake up tomorrow. Then i would never know what hit me and thus miss or regret nothing.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
verytired

Post by verytired »

I'm afraid of my family dying. I've buried too many of them in the last few years, wish the buggers would learn to hang on a bit better.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Death and I are old friends.

If my dad dies today I would give myself about 5 years max (and that is being extremely generous) before I would die. It's a long story and I don't feel like talking about it right now.

Of course if some of the Conserative nutballs in the USA had their way I would already be dead.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.