Transformers: Chaos Theory / Vol. 5 TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Transformers: Chaos Theory / Vol. 5 TPB

Post by Paul053 »

Well, no body cares about ongoing anymore? Or too busy with DOTM toys? :) Here is the 7 page preview.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... iew/21661/

Just read the issue but won't spoil it now. Only one thing, even though I think it is still a crappy story, but at least a good temporarily relief from that bloody mess on earth with crying baby Prime.

Okay, here is the spoiler.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Hot Rod (or he called himself Rodimus) is now an Iron Man! What the heck!?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Anything would be an improvement from the Earth mess.

Although are we sensing a pattern? Every arc, then we have an intermission in space that is undoubtedly better than the rest of the arc. Although here the Rodimus story isn't quite as great as the Megatron monologue or the other Rodimus story.

Wheelie? :eyebrow: But Reflector is still alive in Earth!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I would like more smaller scuffles amongst regular robots, not pissing contests between Megatron and Prime ad nauseum. Maybe they should get a room.

But Huffer twatting a Stunticon which starts a feud where the Stunticons target all mini-bots for no other reason than they've got nothing better to do.

Or a Trans-Europe express update. They seem content to rehash everything else...

Just more robots hitting each other please. I liked Brawn and Starscream, with the nod to the old 'Enemy Within' comic (though the only link is the characters themselves).

And how's Springer doing after LSotW. Do we have to wait for James Roberts to come in and save things for that to happen?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Auntie Slag wrote:I would like more smaller scuffles amongst regular robots, not pissing contests between Megatron and Prime ad nauseum. Maybe they should get a room.
They did. In issue 18. :glance:
But Huffer twatting a Stunticon which starts a feud where the Stunticons target all mini-bots for no other reason than they've got nothing better to do.

Or a Trans-Europe express update. They seem content to rehash everything else...

Just more robots hitting each other please. I liked Brawn and Starscream, with the nod to the old 'Enemy Within' comic (though the only link is the characters themselves).
My point exactly. All this while Costa has been intent on doing his spin on Megatron and Optimus, when clearly he only shines when he does other characters -- Thundercracker, Magnus, some of his Hot Rod material -- but no, he insists on bogging us down with random psychological nonsense between Megs and Optimus, which Foundation puts to shame... and Foundation had to establish a background for the movieverse, not having the psychological nonsense as the plot itself.
And how's Springer doing after LSotW. Do we have to wait for James Roberts to come in and save things for that to happen?
Yes.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

This really isn't too bad an issue. It's slight but that's not a bad thing. It's interesting seeing IDW trying to tie everything up over the last few issues and Heart of Darkness - even if they aren't doing the best of jobs.

Guidos art is much more on form here than his previous ongoing and the plot is simple enough that it's not going to cause bother. So yeah, a fun issue that's no great shakes but nothing dreadful either.

As for the chaos plot-line, if it just ends up being d-void vs the transformers well, meh. But if they throw up something a bit more interesting to justify the chaos tag, than it could give IDW a fresh re-start.

And yes, I think they really need it.
Paul053

Transformers #20

Post by Paul053 »

Read issue 20. Just like "HE" said in page 9, "are you kidding me?!"

The story overall wasn't bad. Better than 19 actually. There are a lot to explain but all fall short. One big flaw is how in the world "THE OTHER HE" knew and called Hot Rod "Rodimus" that Hot Rod called himself that name many issues after "THE OTHER HE"
SPOILER! (select to read)
died
! Even "HE" didn't know Hot Rod changed the name to Rodimus. And also making "THE OTHER HE" crippled doesn't make sense as well.

Anyway, since if I say more, I will spoil more. So I better shut up for now and maybe read one more time tonight to see how I feel.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Good thing I stumbled across this.....

Again we see that Costa's got a somewhat better handle on the non-main cast. The thing that surprised me the most was that the more important "HE" actually recognized Roddy in any form(though to be fair, I have no clue how Costa's been portraying the kid). "THE OTHER HE" being crippled does make sense, though, because "HE" and "Bob" probably aren't the best mechanics out there.

There's also the whole "I'm not sure which is more disturbing, the fact that Bob is there, or that one of them came up with a name for Bob....." thing.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

What in god's name are you two on about?

Guess I'll have to pick this one up soon. The interest in IDWs stuff is at a massive low since Heart of Darkness turned out to be, well, you all saw...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Red Dave Prime wrote:What in god's name are you two on about?
Well, you will see. :lol:
The interest in IDWs stuff is at a massive low since Heart of Darkness turned out to be, well, you all saw...
No, I haven't. Every time when I looked at the cover and first couple pages, they hurts my eyes. I was hoping someone can just read it for me.
Paul053

Transformers #21

Post by Paul053 »

With DOTM movie going on right now, am I the only one who is reading the crap? :swirly:

Here is the 5 page preview.

A nice issue actually to start out the CHAOS. More importantly is Andy Schmidt's letter on the last page. And didn't he leave IDW to Hasbro? And he mentioned Megatron: Origin, man. If you like to read that letter but don't care about the issue, I can try if I can type it or just scan it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

ooh, what's his letter say?
Terome

Post by Terome »

I am reading it, but have no new complaints beyond the ones I had a year ago. Though I do like the constant use of the term 'smart' by several characters in this one in reference to Prowl. It reminds me of Axe Cop, a far superior comic written by a six-year old.
ooh, what's his letter say?
Something about blaming his hangover on everything but the booze.
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

Skyquake87 wrote:ooh, what's his letter say?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I have a bad feeling about this.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's going to be Unicron, isn't it?

"And it's #125 and not #32 because of [the fact we're running out of gimmicks and ways to fragment the storyline over miniseries, so how about stab at sequential numbering?]"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Good to see he continues to miss the point about what people who have been put off want, we could live with the continuity being buggered if the stories were good enough to be worth it.

Though anyone remember how Last Stand of the Wreckers managed to be both standalone, respectful to what had gone before and work in a few things to make things easier for future writers (taking the time to write in a get out for any of the Garrus Decepticon prisoners with the Shockwave bit). All in a nicely unshowey way?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Paul053

Transformers #22

Post by Paul053 »

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Heinrad wrote:I have a bad feeling about this.......
inflatable dalek wrote:Though anyone remember how Last Stand of the Wreckers managed to be both standalone, respectful to what had gone .........
I'm afraid so. #22 is up. Look who is back.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Rung!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Roberts lays on the references with a trowel! VVH, 'head in a jar,' communicubes, the black hole thing, Ratchet having 'never been this close' to Megatron, Tarn, Xaaron, the works.

Also - interesting incidental details, a feeling that any given character has a mind and a respect for the story threads he has in his grasp. And did I just see a splash panel used effectively? Good lord.

And, cripes, Milne's come a long way, hasn't he? He manages to skillfully weave those characters in between those swarms of speech panels.

I'm not sure we've done anything to deserve this.