POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

glazios wrote:Bit of a throwback/late arrival, but I recieved Animated Samurai Prowl today from a bloke in London. Fantastic figure. Was a bit confuzzled by the backpack at first, seemed strange that such a big chunk of plastic would stay attached to two small tabs, but then I noticed it actually clips on at the waist and stays there. All-round awesomesauce.
I've got both versions of Prowl due to some awesomeness with my wife and son (in short my wife bought normal Prowl for me near the end of Animated when the toys looked like they were vanishing. My son found Samurai Prowl while shopping with her and used some of his pocket money to buy him for me. It was sweet and I gladly paid him back). The only disappointing thing about Samurai Prowl is that his wheel hub throwing stars don't open once you get them out (a task to be sure). However normal Prowl's stars will fit (and come out easier) in Samurai's slots.

glazios wrote:Eyeing Unierse Lugnut for my next aquisition, but I'm not sure about it; neither the Generations or the United colour scheme is really series-accurate, and I don't know which one to go for... :confused:
I don't think it's supposed to be. They seem to of decided that Lugnut and Bulkhead are here to stay, so rather then give Luggy the Animated color scheme they gave him a more "real" (at least for RtS) one to help him fit in with the others from the "Classics" series.

As for myself, I snagged Generations Dirge a few days ago. I was randomly at Target and found one with the corrected symbols on his wings. Not much to say about the mold other then it seems to be holding up well to having been used so many times. I do like his colors though, it's a very nice shade of blue.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Thunderwave wrote:The only disappointing thing about Samurai Prowl is that his wheel hub throwing stars don't open once you get them out (a task to be sure). However normal Prowl's stars will fit (and come out easier) in Samurai's slots.
Indeed. First thing I did before I'd even transformed him was to swap out the throwing stars. As I recall, he still uses them in the series even after he gets his upgrade, so it's a bit fitting, I guess.
Thunderwave wrote:I don't think it's supposed to be. They seem to of decided that Lugnut and Bulkhead are here to stay, so rather then give Luggy the Animated color scheme they gave him a more "real" (at least for RtS) one to help him fit in with the others from the "Classics" series.
Again, you're not wrong. The TF:United colour scheme is a bit more toward the Animated one, but there's too much purple and nowhere near enough of his trademark teal. Also, they painted his head purple. WTF's up with that?

If I get him - and I'm likely to - then I might see about commisioning someone to redeco him in the proper Animated colours. Christ knows I'd make a right mess of it if I tried doing it myself... ¬_¬
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Recently bought:-

Henkei Convoy (Classics Voyager Optimus Prime)
HFTD Crankshaft

Legends Cybertron Sunstorm and Universe Legends Ramjet and Thrust arrived. Really nice little figures and go well alongside my WFC Legends Starscream.

RTS Legends Optimus Prime also arrived. Feel a little disappointed with the figure as he stands as if he's a little constipated. The red is actually 3 different shades which is a mixture of 2 shades of matt red and a shade of darker gloss/shiney red. Only 4 out of the 6 wheels actually move as well.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Have just Reprolabled my Legends Hound,Brawn and Jazz. Has made a massive difference to Jazz and has made an already nice little figure even better. Brawn really only needed the labels for the missing windows imo but the addition of a waist label and what looks like underwear with a pull cord attached label for the crotch area is a nice addition. Hounds is ok and does make him look marginally better but is nothing special.
Fingers crossed Reprolabels to do some more sets for the RTS G1 Legends figures. Would like a few extra details going on Prowl (Eyes would be a start)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hit the local Wal Mart today, not really expecting to find anything given how empty the shelves have been.... and found Kup and Scourge.

Kup, I really like. They did a very good job on this figure. My only complaint is the fact that the stock on his musket rifle is too long.

Scourge.... I like him, but..... it's mainly the legs. They're way too fiddly. I've got him standing next to Cyclonus, and the impressiveness that is Cyclonus just blows Scourge away.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

United Jazz came over the weekend.

Best...

Deluxe...

EVER!!!!!!

:eek: :love: :swirly: :headbang: :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

While I decided to come home early today from work, I got a mail man knocking the door. It's the Unicron from numbat. Big, great, and fun. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go back to play with my son.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got the new dx Prime, Perceptor, Wreck-gar, and Sea Spry. All are ok, the only problem I have is with Prime's face, it isn't bad I just think it has too many lines on it.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

G1 Scorponok, minus a couple of the fiddly stick on bits for city mode. I don't mind not having them. But damn, the Headmaster gimmick for him just sucks. Lord Zarak looks so undersized in head mode.

Some parts for the lonely Submarauder Pretender shell I got in a lot a while back (I felt sorry for the poor fishy fool, OK?)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Heinrad wrote:Hit the local Wal Mart today, not really expecting to find anything given how empty the shelves have been.... and found Kup
I refuse to believe Kup exists in stores outside of the internet, until I personally see one. I stopped at every Target and Wal*Mart between San Jose and Fresno (about 10 stores all together) and didn't find a single damn one. :sick:
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Ackula wrote:I refuse to believe Kup exists in stores outside of the internet, until I personally see one. I stopped at every Target and Wal*Mart between San Jose and Fresno (about 10 stores all together) and didn't find a single damn one. :sick:
Same boat here. But then I'm convinced I live in toy hell. We're just now starting to see wave 1 of RtS Deluxes. I'll be surprised if I ever see the Voyagers. We tend to skip waves here. Blurr and Dirge where a pain to find, and up until this past weekend the RtS guys where next to impossible (the local K-Marts got a few cases in, but that's it).

For the record we've got 4 Wal*Marts (2 Super), 3 Targets, 3 K-Marts, and a Toys R Us and I still can't get anything new in anything resembling a timely manner.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Ackula wrote:I refuse to believe Kup exists in stores outside of the internet, until I personally see one. I stopped at every Target and Wal*Mart between San Jose and Fresno (about 10 stores all together) and didn't find a single damn one. :sick:
I think retail stores are holding off and emptying the shelves now since it is so close to the new big (overstock) first wave of DotM. May lucky find one among all the empty shelves like Heinrad.

At least you found G2 Prime, Wreck-Gar, Scourge, and Perceptor. I saw none of them around my area. Got them (not G2 Prime but Kup and the others) from HTS though with 10% off code and think about the gas price....... I couldn't even find PCC 5 pack Dinobots for my son's Christmas gift but finally got one while traveling south to Texas visiting my sister.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with DotM toys coming out. This is inventory time for many stores, so their keeping the shelves fairly empty to make counting easier, and then they'll rearrange the department once inventory's over. The less loose stock you have to count and move, the easier it is.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Notabot wrote:I'm not sure it's got anything to do with DotM toys coming out. This is inventory time for many stores, so their keeping the shelves fairly empty to make counting easier, and then they'll rearrange the department once inventory's over. The less loose stock you have to count and move, the easier it is.
Also we're still knee-deep in the 'post-Christmas' season, meaning MOST people are paying off their credit cards and not buying more than they have to buy. That means toy and game sales are historically awful and restocking them is almost a zero priority. It'll pick up a little bit come next month, though.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Notabot wrote:I'm not sure it's got anything to do with DotM toys coming out. This is inventory time for many stores, so their keeping the shelves fairly empty to make counting easier, and then they'll rearrange the department once inventory's over. The less loose stock you have to count and move, the easier it is.
That's kind of what's going on at the local Toys R Us. We're doing our Boy's reset, so all the isles of boy toys are getting rearranged and such. Usually there is a flood of stock for those isles as well. i'm going to check it out later.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

And now I have United Tracks. Nice stuff.

Alt mode is a little tricky to align and get to hold together, but man does the paint job look lovely! It is already proving very delicate though. I've now got some chips on the tabs that clip inside the front wings to hold the door in place. I doubt Tracks will get transformed that often to protect the paint. Not ideal.

I am now very much looking forward to the Generations Wheeljack I have on pre-order. :)
Wreck and Rule!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Filling out my Seekers, picked up Gen. Dirge. Nice figure, no surprises on the mold since I have every other Classics/Universe/Generations iteration of it so far (minus the yet-to-be-released Thundercracker). I am surprised at the tightness of the joints though; Universe Starscream was rather loose and Thrust was just OK on joints...

Passed on Blurr at the same store for money reasons. Looks nice though, and the head mold is neat.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Picked up deluxe Thunderwing,Jazz,Tracks,Kup & Blurr and also ordered a Fansproject Sidearm figure to go with my CAC Hot Rod. Cant even get to them atm as I ended up breaking my ankles at work last Friday and cant move :'(
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I scored a 50 percent off HA Barricade at TRU today, definitely feels worth the 15 dollars.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Getting close to spinning off a new thread here...

Anyway, taking it a little slow to fill out some of my missing Decepticon ranks in the bargain bin while crying at the exorbitant prices a lot of things seem to be going for now...

Energon Slugslinger
I did get in Energon Slugslinger today, however. This was a really cheap Amazon purchase and helped fill out my sorely-lacking Decepticon ranks. Sluggy could be considered a 'rare' figure in that he only shipped for a limited time during the second half of the Energon series. He's a 'hyper-power' Decepticon deluxe that homages, sort of, the original G1 Targetmaster.

I won't do a full review here, but suffice to say that this guy is insanely loose and over-engineered. He's barely kept together in either mode by a number of very tiny posts and pegs which will pop out if a rat belches somewhere in a nearby house. The arms, head, torso, and legs all have loose joints (and a number of them), making this guy a pain in the butt to do anything with.

It's easy to see why this guy was passed over during Energon's run and why Hasbro didn't see fit to release him as a redeco or anything. (The even-more poorly-received Airazor not withstanding). It's one of those rare figures these days that you look at and go, "You know what, this was better in 1986."