FansProject Crossfire Set B? [inspired by Blast-Off/Swindle]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Thunderwave wrote:Hasbro needs to take a page from these guys.
I've been saying that since I laid hands on the City Commander trailer, and every time I open my mouth on the subject, someone tells me to quiet the hell down and stop bashing Hasbro. Glad at least some people agree with me that our favourite manufacturing giant could do a little better...

My Crossfire package was apparently 'accepted' at the postal processing centre in Chicago yesterday, according to the tracking info. Things are lookin' good for it to arrive on my doorstep late in the coming week. *crosses fingers*
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

PAGE TAKEN. THE NEXT WAVE OF DELUXES WILL BE RELEASED IN MARCH OF NEXT YEAR AND WILL COST $80 APIECE. SHIPPING WILL BE EXTRA AND WILL TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTION.
COLLECT THEM ALL! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bang ****ing bang. Look at the people pissing and bitching about how long it's taking certain Generations figures to land in their laps, or read the penny-pinching budgets everyone expects these figures to conform to. See, Fansproject are dependant on Hasbro - they're using Hasbro's basic design and the fanbase created by Hasbro's product.
Cliffjumper wrote:If Hasbro could lavish the amount of time Fansproject do on each figure, I'm sure the results would be a lot less favourable to FP. As noted above, Fansproject releases cost, what, 5 times their Hasbro equivalent? That's a hell of a lot more budget. FP are in the position where they can go away and come up with a toy in their own time, often working from other people's actual basic designs (e.g. Springer benefits from numerous character models being in existence, as well as a physical toy to use for a bit of inspiration; they didn't design Springer from the bottom up). They sell the toys themselves, meaning they don't have pressure from retailers. They can focus their resources on a single figure rather than coming up with a wave of Deluxes.

I'd seriously argue with 'better' as well. Sure, their Blast Off and Swindle are better than the Diaclone rejects brought out ~25 years ago. But I don't see Fansproject putting out ROTF Leader Prime, Classics Jetfire, Longview or Alternators Smokescreen. I've also yet to see them come up with an original idea. Only fans who actually see the FP figures are comparing them anyway, it's not like little Joe Bloggs is going to throw down Bruticus Maximus in disgust and demand mummy buys him the Fansproject version instead.
It's not so much the matter that Hasbro are being bashed, but that it's being done in such a naive, inaccurate manner.
glazios

Post by glazios »

See? I speak, my opinions rattle cages and ruffle feathers, then people start shaking their fists at me, and reach for their lynching sticks.

I rest my case. :swirly:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

glazios wrote:I rest my case. :swirly:
That's not a case, it's evasion.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Cliffjumper wrote:That's not a case, it's evasion.
You misunderstand me, Cliffy. I'm not evading or avoiding anything. I mearly pointed out that whenever I make a comment on this particular subject, I get screamed at and told, in so many words, to be quiet and sit in the corner like a good boy.

Now, I'm not inferring that people are taking potshots at me, nor am I saying the world's out to shut me down. I simply pointed out that when I open my mouth about this, someone tells me to shut it - then low-and-behold, I agreed with Thunderwave, and someone with a big stick bares their teeth.

I made a point, and you and our friendly neighbourhood Hasbro rep proved it.

I'm not naturally a quiet person, and when someone tells me to be a good boy, I respond by bouncing off the walls. I have an opinion, and I will voice it when I feel like doing so. I don't ask people to like it, that's their choice. But don't ask me to be quiet, 'cus I won't.

So thanks for making my point for me, you guys really made my paranoia feel appreciated today. :wall:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Have you considered maybe that it's the way you tell 'em? Or that my intial post was aimed at Thunderwave every bit as much as you? The rest of the egocentric dribble in that post isn't worth picking through.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Meh.

I wasn't commenting on the design appearance as much as I was how it snaps/pegs/slots together as well as it does. I'm not asking for more complex figures, just ones that fit together a little nicer. Admittedly, though, its seen a lot of improvement recently and I've had nothing bad to say about that part of any of the recent Transformers I've picked up with one exception.

Screw you and your vehicle mode side panels Bombshock. -.-
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Hasbro does fine as is, sure they could get some improvements but they work on a much larger scale and a far bigger mass production. After all, their toys go to the general toy stores, comic stores or whatever store sells Transformer toys. Then there are all the online stores. Then there is FansProject that make figures based of Hasbro's design and sell them at a much higher price due to their complexity and limited production scale. After all, FansProject makes figures for fans by fans, and as such they got more time to twiddle around with perfecting a figure that are mostly only sold online where as in Hasbro works with mass production and a far greater range to sell toys.

FansProject is purely for fans and collectors, not for your average Joe that happens to buy a toy once or twice in a store or for the average kid from 10 and below. Hasbro however isn't purely for fans and collectors, it's for the average Joe who picks up a toy once or twice and the majority of kids.

On that note, Hasbro would never go to such "perfecting" levels of a figure as it would cost too much causing the figure to be much more expensive and end up not being sold anywhere. I mean, after all, who, apart from collectors, will pay a total of 80-100 for two small toys that normally would go for about 15 to 20 each? No one unless they are like...rich or something like that.

Least, that's my 2 cents in this topic about Hasbro needing to follow example of FansProject.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

It tells clearly on the box.

Hasbro: Age 5+

FP: Age 16+
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Paul053 wrote:It tells clearly on the box.

Hasbro: Age 5+

FP: Age 16+
Correcto mundo

As to that, mine finally arrived today *glee* I am very pleased with it.