Right, you horrible lot. Drift.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Halfshell wrote:Well as far as I can tell, the only excuse for buying Drift is to do stuff like this:

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Oh... my... science! That is funny! :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:You have no willpower or principles and are easily influenced. THAT IS NOT MY FAULT.
I see you're not debating the awesome influence of said funny comic. YOU'RE BLAMING THE VICTIM.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:I see you're not debating the awesome influence of said funny comic. YOU'RE BLAMING THE VICTIM.
I was exposed before you and have been fine. You're the one who can't bring himself to buy a Mary Sue. Yet one thread later and you cave like something that caves really quickly. You suck.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:I was exposed before you and have been fine. You're the one who can't bring himself to buy a Mary Sue. Yet one thread later and you cave like something that caves really quickly. You suck.
After reading the comic, Drift was no longer a Mary Sue. Drift was an out-mary-sued Mary Sue. It doubles back from suck to fun. So there.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

liked the character haven't bought the toy...yet. loved that web-comic though "Prowl will hand out the assignments because I can't remember all your tech specs"

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Oh... my... science! That is funny! :clap:
Yeah, pretty clever. ;)

Anyway, I'm gonna wait out Blurr. Not a fan of Drift, not a fan of white cars, not a fan of currently white plastic, and I honestly don't see what's so unique about having swords.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Seeing that web comic made me want to get Drift even more, because it gave me an idea for something. Unfortunately, hus head's not on a ball and socket setup, so there goes the "What happens when Drift meets Bludgeon" web comic. He's yards better than WfC Bumblebee, though.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Heinrad wrote:Seeing that web comic made me want to get Drift even more, because it gave me an idea for something. Unfortunately, hus head's not on a ball and socket setup, so there goes the "What happens when Drift meets Bludgeon" web comic.
Depends on how permanent you want the joke to be. And if that's the only reason you want the toy, what's the difference? :devil:
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I didn't want it to be that permanent. It's still doable, but it involves pushing a pin out, and I remember way back when that once you start down that slippery slope, at some point not too long after that you're using toothpicks as replacement pins.

Right now, Drift looks like he's talking to G1 Bludgeon, who is scowling at him.

ROTF Bludgeon: "I wish the honor of killing him!"

G1 Bludgeon: "Stay your blade, youth. Your blade shall be reserved for the human if he buys Banzai-Tron."

Drift: -completely oblivious- "No, seriously, you guys should really join the Autobots. We always do super-cool fun things! And they'll give you a huge armload of energon!" -holding arms apart to demonstrate- ".... You guys kind of look alike, did you know that?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

If I buy Drift it will be because of the figure itself. I can deal with his character in my own little TF verse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]