Breakfast? (now includes lunch, dinner and whatever else you put in your mouth and chew)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Breakfast? (now includes lunch, dinner and whatever else you put in your mouth and chew)

Post by Sades »

It's boring in here. I'm not digging up the other thread.

Let's discuss food. It was a toss-up between the easy and tasty Breakfast Anytime, yoghurt and strawberries or oatmeal, but I decided to go for the oatmeal. With strawberries and some artificial sweetner. Ooh, exciting!

There will of course be coffee brewing all day. It's weak coffee (because, y'know, I'll have multiple coffees throughout the day and will finish off that pot by 3 PM), but coffee nonetheless.

BREAKFAST IS A COMPETITION!

Your breakfast sucks compared to mine. :p

Y'know what, discuss lunch, too, I don't care. Let's just talk about food, because asides from that other food thread I don't recall ever having had a discussion about food here.

I am a big fan of fruit, but I'm watching my carbs so I have to cut back. :( That didn't stop me from cramming like 5 strawberries into my oatmeal- I figure "hey, it's the first meal of the day. Why not?" :p
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hey USians! I have a fast food question.

We eat at Wendy's once in awhile, and the one thing I consistently notice is how frigging big the fries and drinks are. The "small" size is like a large size everywhere else. Why is that? Is that like a "normal" thing in the US, or is it bigger in comparison to other fastfood places there, too?

[/doublepost]
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Sades wrote:...There will of course be coffee brewing all day. It's weak coffee... ...but coffee nonetheless.
Sades wrote:BREAKFAST IS A COMPETITION!

Your breakfast sucks compared to mine. :p
Whoa there, Sades! I'd say that coffee may not be as weak as you think it is!
Wreck and Rule!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Whoa there, Sades! I'd say that coffee may not be as weak as you think it is!
I've just had a fat-free smokie and a scrambled egg. 220 CALORIES BITCHES. I WIN AT SECOND BREAKFASTS.

But nah- it is pretty weak actually. I used to make it really really strong, but then I started getting weird heart palpitations by the fourth cup, and I was really jumpy. My brothers used to call me Tweek. So rather than cutting back (I love havng something hot to drink always), I just cut the amount of coffee I put in my coffee. Around 3 (or whenever I run out) I switch to tea.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Do you not just eat Kraft Dinner then?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Man, you guys suck.

This is the best yahoo questions ("Yahoo Answers" is a stupid title) question I have EVAR SEEN.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 733AAM3zSp

[edit] Maaan... people really are dumb. That's depressing.

Hound

Post by Hound »

As eating breakfast involves cooking something (I don't eat cold breakfast) I don't do it often.

When I do make breakfast it almost always involves chopping up and frying potatoes. Then frying up 4 or 5 eggs. Sometimes sausage and waffles too.

More often my first meal is around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and is usually something I can make very quickly like ramen soup with PB&J sandwiches, mac n cheeze, can of chili, frozen pizza, something quick.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

One strange thing about moving back in with my Mother is that she's basically decided I wasn't eating properly and won't let me do any cooking. So I basically eat what she says to keep her silent. Scary woman.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Came across this today...
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Eww. Is that supposed to be a sandwich?

Tomorrow is BF's day off, and I have conned him into taking me out for gardening stuffs and Dairy Queen tomorrow. Nothing better than a plain hot dog and a chocolate dipped cone.
Hound wrote:When I do make breakfast it almost always involves chopping up and frying potatoes. Then frying up 4 or 5 eggs. Sometimes sausage and waffles too.
4 or 5 eggs? At once? With other stuff as well?

Not to sound like a judgemental haughty bitch or anything (trust me, I hated it when people used to criticise and bug me about the way I ate) but that's a lotta eggs, yo. I'll totally eat yum crap stuff when I can fit it into the whole calorie-counting thing I got going on here, but even then I'd be afraid of the cholesterol in them thar henfruits.

Oh, and Cliffy- rereading my previous post, it kinda looked to me like I may have inadvertently called you stupid by association. Wasn't my intent. You do suck for the lame KD joke, though.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sades wrote:4 or 5 eggs? At once? With other stuff as well?
Sure! I love eggs. If I'm going to go to all the trouble of cooking breakfast it's going to be one helluva meal.

Mind you, when I say not often I mean like once or twice every other month.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sades

Post by Sades »

To each their own, eh?

I had originally asked a stupid question about your avatar here, but I figured it out myself, so now I'm just trying to fill up the space with meaningless prattle so that it doesn't look like I just replied with a four word sentence.

Peanut butter!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I have the same breakfast everyday, as it is literally the most important meal in the day for me, since I am diabetic. I can't have any fruit or anything with too many carbs first thing, or it will run my blood sugar up. And I can't have any cholesterol either.

Being that as it is, I always have the equivalence of two eggs, but use Egg Beaters instead. And I also have two links of turkey sausage, or two strips of turkey bacon, and a piece of wheat toast with sugar free jelly. And two glasses of water with 1000mg of metformin, 10mg lisinopril, and an aspirin.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I have an OCD approach to food, mostly due to my fitness regime. Every day is the same, but every day is goodness!

I have a bowl of porridge with a scoop of chocolate protein powder in making a big bowl of chocolatey, porridgey mud, which is incredibly satisfying in the morning. I follow that with three scrambled egg whites for afters, yes I'm weird, but it works for me.

Nothing says 'Get up and go to work!' better than a bowl of chocolate goop, the French were onto something with chocolate for breakfast.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Sades wrote:Eww. Is that supposed to be a sandwich?
Unlike in the movie credits Animals were Harmed making that ad. :)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Sades

Post by Sades »

I want ice cream! Ice cream! Yay!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

My breakfast/lunch (depending on the day) is coco pops and I really should change that up.
Destruction is my specialty
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Ah,breakfast...mmmm,though it is usually lunchtime when I eat it.

Ranges from Re-heated pizza/leftovers to whatevers on the menu at work and cold cearal(Honey Bunches of Oats and Coco pebbles).Sundays however,are always nice hot breakfasts of bacon and eggs.