Squirrels!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

SQUIRREL

Yay!
46%
Yuck/*hate*
23%
ROADHOUSE
15%
TITS OR GTFO
15%

Total votes: 13

Sades

Squirrels!

Post by Sades »

Like them? Hate them? Why?

Vote!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Red or grey?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Whichever... Pick one?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Red squirrels are awesome.
Grey squirrels are vermin.

^ legally enforced facts.
Sades

Post by Sades »

So I've read. Squirrels are squirrels to me, however- all will steal your peanuts.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Better stay away from my peanuts!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Filthy. And not squirrel-related in any fashion.

Try again!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I used to have 2 pet squirrels actually, when I was a kid. They were quite lovely and made excellent companions. I really miss them. They lived in a hollow log that my father made into a cage and installed a wooden door over one of the knot holes. ;)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Never tasted one...
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Clogs wrote:Never tasted one...
They actually don't taste that bad.Just a little low on the whole meat factor.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Did you miss out on Walkers Cajun Squirrel flavour crisp then?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I really enjoy watching squirrels.

Once I was going down the street near my home when I noticed a cat chasing a squirrel.

The squirrel jumped onto a tree and scrambled around the other side while the cat was in the chase.

When I stopped and looked at them, I didn't say anything — just looked, they stopped in their tracks, one on each side of the tree about 4 or 5 foot off the ground, and were looking straight back at me as if to say: "We're not being bad.... Honest!"

In less than a minute the cat recovered its need to be cool and disinterested whenever humans are about and so sauntered away in no particular hurry. Whereupon the squirrel shot up to a low lying tree limb and chattered noisily in obvious triumph.

Though a meaningless gesture, I told that squirrel that it owed me big time.

It just chattered loudly some more.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clogs wrote:Never tasted one...
They are quite good if stewed in mass quantity. Otherwise they aren't half bad with a bit of bacon wrapped round the meat and thrown on the grill for a bit.
Sades

Post by Sades »

optimusskids wrote:Did you miss out on Walkers Cajun Squirrel flavour crisp then?
I keep wondering where to get those, as the BF keeps talking about them... I forget why. But he does.

I wonder if squirrels taste like bunny rabbit. I like bunny rabbit- they're fuzzy and fun to hug, and they taste good!

I'll tell you what I hate- I hate seagulls. They are fry-stealing divebombing bastards.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

http://naturalhistory.uga.edu/~GMNH/gaw ... key=sniger

This is a black squirrel from Georgia and they are huge. When I used to work for a city municipality, I had never seen a squirrel this large, almost a foot tall on it's hind legs. They would bow up at you too, often running like they wanted to charge you. Aggressive little fellers.

I like squirrels too. We don't have many around where I live, but I used to feed the squirrels and ducks at the park. Some are so docile when people are around, they expect to be fed and will come right up to you.

One time this guy on our work truck found a baby squirrel and put it in the truck in a shoe box. It was hilarious when he left it in the truck and came back 5 minutes later and the squirrel was not in the box. We started driving and all we could hear was the baby squeaks. We found it under the seat and it bit him. I laughed at his dumb arse and he was afraid of getting rabies. We had to take him in to get a rabies shot. He did let the squirrel go in the park.

***No squirrels were harmed in the writing of this post.***
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

optimusskids wrote:Did you miss out on Walkers Cajun Squirrel flavour crisp then?
Yup - nary a one. It was Builder's Breakfast everywhere... Perhaps the squirrels ate them...

And, which makes it worse, I live near the godsdamn Walkers factory at Beaumont Leys.
Ackula wrote:They are quite good if stewed in mass quantity. Otherwise they aren't half bad with a bit of bacon wrapped round the meat and thrown on the grill for a bit.
Urgh, bacon.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bacon is okay. I had some yesterday. I still can't get used to the amount of grease involved in preparing most things cow or pig, though. Elk or Bison is so much better for it, though I find Bison a bit too strong for my tastes. Good in burger form though, barely any grease.

Um, Squirrel.