[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Buzzsaw's Studio, Darkmount

Buzzsaw chuckled as the memories of his harassment of Hightower came back to him.

"No one messes with me partner and gets away with it," he said at last. He was silent for a moment after that, working on a particularly delicate part of Laserbeak's pair job.

"If I had to guess," Buzzsaw told Laserbeak, "I would say that Astrotrain's whereabouts aren't a mystery to Soundwave. While you were out they had some sort of meeting. I wasn't there and Slugfest doesn't have the brains to explain what he heard, but I think they cut a deal. For what, I can't say."

Security Office, Darkmount

"I understand your concerns," Kickback half-shrugged, "but Bombshell isn't and never will be a genuine threat, Shrappers. He gets distracted far too easily. As long as I keep him focused on doing what I need him to do, he won't be a problem."

Kickback let out a rough chuckle. "And if he does get out of hand, well, I've taken steps to prepare for that."

Rooftop Hangar, Darkmount

If Scrapper even heard Tracer's not-so-veiled threats, let alone felt the slightest bit of fear because of them, he certainly didn't show it. He didn't even remark upon the flier's departure. Instead he just told Bonecrusher, "Yeah, that's Hook for you. Always so wrapped up in his special projects that he doesn't have time to do his job. What about the others?"

Operations, Darkmount

"Good," Soundwave told Hook bluntly. "Keep me informed."

He made as if to close the channel, then, almost as an afterthought, he added, "Don't mention this to anyone else until we have actionable information. In the current climate we could be faced with a witch-hunt if this sort of information got out."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Roof Top Hangar

Scavenger clattered up the stairwell and emerged in the hangar.

"so Scrapper what's the plan."

~*~

Buzzsaw's Studio

Slicer hovered near Laserbeak.

"How do you feel about some applique designs for your wings? We have a book of designs you can choose from."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Laserbeak cracked a smile at Buzzsaw's comment. "I'd do the same if you kicked the bucket, y'know." Laserbeak watched his mold-mate work on his wing for a while, before continuing, "At least I know my little sacrifice isn't in vain."

When Buzzsaw brought up the matter about Astrotrain, and the smile on Laserbeak's face turned into a frown. "A deal with Astrotrain? I was under the impression Soundwave didn't like the walking transport too much. Wonder what it is, though."

Slicer then offered to add designs on his wings, and Laserbeak answered, "I dunno... I'm a little blind in art. What do you guys think best suits me?"

"There's Scavenger... Long Haul's right behind me when I exited the medbay, and who knows where Mix's up to?" Bonecrusher answered Scrapper.

Shrapnel replied to Clench first when the Obliterator entered. "Yes, I did, did. You, Rumble, Frenzy and Thundercracker. But will you give me a moment, moment?"

The Insecticon turned to face Kickback. "Bombshell can control minds, Kickback. He's dangerous. And most of all, he hates being controlled- you know it, it." Shrapnel narrowed his optic band, "I'm going to trust your counter-measures, but if anything happens... don't say I didn't warn you, you."

Shrapnel leaned back and sighed. "Now what was it you came here for, for? I take it that this isn't a social visit, visit."
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Roof Top Hangar

Long Haul had been examining the construction of the Roof Top Hangar while Scrapper and Tracer exchanged words. Long Haul had left the medbay due to the lack of respect being shown towards his fellow Constructicons only to find things were worse up top. He finally approached Scrapper, Scavenger and Bonecrusher.

"I'm starting to think being dead had it's advantages." he said to no one in particular.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Darkmount

'I quite understand,' Hook assured and cut the link to Soundwave.

The gravitas of the investigation was much to his liking. He resumed his examination of the most intact specimen in his care with an even higher opinion of himself than usual.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Security Office, Darkmount:

Thundercracker: -stops outside, hits the door buzzer-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Well, the paint-work is done," Buzzsaw told Laserbeak. A bit haughtily he added, "Slicer, if you think you can improve on him, I say give it your best shot!"

"He can't control minds without cerebro-shells," Kickback told Shrapnel, "and he's not getting any of those unless we want him to. That doesn't mean he's any less dangerous, but the same things that make him dangerous are what makes him so useful. And in a situation like this, we need all the talent we can get. Frankly, at this point I'd be happy if Starscream popped back up."

Kickback half-smiled. "Not that that's likely to happen any time soon. But anyway..." He handed Shrapnel a datacard. "This is everything you'll need to reduce Bombshell's body to iron filings. If I end up falling victim to him, I trust you to do what needs to be done."

"Step one is to tear the electromagnets out of these launch tubes," Scrapper told Scavenger. "Then we're going to have them transported to a few old missile silos around the perimeter of the fortress that aren't being used anymore. Once we get there, we're going to re-install them and build a weapons system capable of targeting enemies in orbit. Sound like fun?"

Operations, Darkmount

After Hook cut the connection, Soundwave started to calculate different scenarios related to the Constructicon's self-appointed assignment.

After all the trouble we went to to revive him, he thought to himself, it would be a shame if he found out too much and I had to kill him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silvecircuitmaster Station

Stratus staggered as he kept running. Armour dented and blasted by the fire he was unable to dodge.

Quickly he wrenched open an access hatch and disappeares into the ventilation system.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Right y'are, Long Haul." Bonecrusher answered his Constructicon brethen. "They went all th' trouble for bringin' us back, an' none of them higher-ups show us any form of respect, 'xcept those in th' medbay and mebbe Soundwave."

Bonecrusher shrugged and smiled when Scrapper explained their project, "Orbital defense systems. Niceeee."

Laserbeak chuckled as Buzzsaw revelled in his work, and challenging Slicer to improve on it. The Cassettecon mused silently on his mold-brother. Pride has always been your hubris...

"Come in." Shrapnel said when Thundercracker pressed the door buzzer, slightly amused that they had bothered to install one.

Turning to Kickback, Shrapnel allowed himself to chuckle for a while, before taking the datacard and examining it. "Ever so predictable, Kickback. Counter measures and all that, that. I don't even want to guess how you actually managed to persuade Bombshell to work with you, you." the Insecticon shook his head, grinning. "Alright, then, since you've thought it all out, you're free to use him."

Shrapnel stretched, and quipped to Kickback. "Regarding Starscream, actually here's a little tidbit you'll find interesting, interesting. Blast Off was screaming about finding ole Screamers in Darkmount, and wanting payback against him, perhaps for that little business back on Earth, Earth. Perhaps he's cheated death once more, more?" Shrapnel shrugged. "Not so hard, you know, know. We've all been there and done that, that."

Turning to Rumble, Clench and Thundercracker, Shrapnel smiled, "Now, let's start, shall we, we?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Buzzsaw's Studio

Slicer's ears flashed as he pondered

Picking up a paintbrush he added a tiny dot of colour on each wing.

"There we go I think that draws the eye to the rest of the design. I think the applique might be a bit of overkill."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Security Office:

Thundercracker: -getting the feeling this is going to be a long meeting- "Start what?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shrapnel replied to Thundercracker. "Well, I've briefed Rumble and Clench, but I didn't think I've spoken to you yet, yet. Well, our security system has lots of problems and little bugs that need to be worked out. Since you guys were in the frontline during the Imperial breakout, I figure you might've something to say about improving our security structure, structure."

That doesn't involve recruiting the likes of Bombshell or Starscream. Shrapnel was tempted to add, in order to spite Kickback, but decided not to say that at the last moment.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Operations, Darkmount

Tracer finally arrived at his destination, entering the operations room and pausing just a short ways inside, out of the way of the door but not going too far into the room. He was out of his own department now, and into Soundwave's territory - it would do him no good to rile the Communication's officer by intruding.

That, after all, was not Tracers intentions, at least not to those who were observing him. He stood there, waiting paciently, observing the scene around him. Soundwave would get to him when he felt appropriate - there was little Tracer could (or should) do to hasten the matter.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Gorgeous,' Buzzsaw said when he examined Slicer's addition to his work. "A masterpiece, if I do say so myself. Laserbeak, I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that you retire, so that your paint job never gets damaged. You're a work of art now."

"Well, thank you," Kickback said to Shrapnel, "but permission really isn't why I came here. I'm sending him out into the field, and since I don't want him to get his head shot off," silently he added a 'yet' to that statement, and his just-noticeable pause would suggest just that to his fellow Insecticon, "I'm here to pick up the weapons you confiscated from him when he was taken into custody. Do you know where they're locked up?"

"That's our lot in life," Scrapper said with a shrug. "No one respects the engineers until they need us to come up with a miracle to save their lives."

He nodded to Long Haul. "Good to see you. Each of you, please start working on removing the magnets from one of the other launch tubes."

Operations, Darkmount

Soundwave saw Tracer lurking, but flatly ignored him as he went about his work. He had a mountain of paperwork he had to get through, and he wasn't about to waste time engaging in small talk with every Decepticon who wandered in. Of course, he would deign to talk to the air commander if he had some actual business here -- but he wasn't about to make the effort to speak first.

Besides, he found the mix of suspicion, caution and impatience that the other Decepticon's thoughts were broadcasting to be highly amusing, and he saw no good reason to cut that short.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Roof Top Hangar Darkmount

Scavenger staggered under the weight of a component.

"What targetting system did you have in mind boss."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shrapnel nodded at Kickback's request. This was beginning to feel like old times... both of them against Bombshell... "Bombshell's weapons are in armoury number seven, a short distance from here, here. At least his mortar launchers are there. The cerebro-shells are in a secured box inside that armoury, don't let him get to them, them."

The Insecticon opened an intercom and spoke to the person at the end of the line. "Spoke to the guy manning the armoury, armoury. He'll get the weapons to you, you."

"Oh, I wouldn't mind retiring." Laserbeak answered Buzzsaw, grinning. "Being a coward and all that." the Cassettecon hopped down and admired himself in a mirror. "Splendid work, just splendid."

Bonecrusher proceeded to work, and began to dismantle one of the electromagnets with more care than one would expect from a mech like him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Buzzsaw chuckled. "You know, I don't think you're supposed to admit that..."

He looked Laserbeak over. "Well, maybe we could find you a nice desk job."

Kickback favoured Shrapnel with a friendly mock-salute. "Thanks a million, chief. I'll check back in with you when we get back in."

"Well," Scrapper replied to Scavenger thoughtfully, "the schematics call for it to be satellite-aimed, but I don't think it's a good idea to rely on just that. After a few shots, our satellites won't be able to see much of anything, even assuming they haven't been slagged."

He fell silent for a few seconds, needing all his concentration to carefully remove the power cables for the magnet he was working on. Eventually he said, "I was thinking of planting a network of telescopes around the city. Some visual-light, some IR and UV, and some radio telescopes. I don't know where I'll find the parts to build them, though."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar Darkmount

Scavenger nodded

"We could always try oled Gravedigger he seems to have a bit of everything squirreled away."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Scrapper nodded, but quickly realized that Scavenger couldn't see him because he was buried to his waist in equipment.

"That sounds like a good place to start," he agreed. "He might not have everything we need, but he'll be able to get us started." Scrapper thought for a moment, then added, "Scavenger, I want you to take charge of supply procurement for this project. If we end up having to scrounge equipment, you're better at it than anyone else."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Whyever not? I've got to be proud of myself, flaws and all." Laserbeak chuckled. "Still, this paint job gives me an excuse to flee from battle. 'Buzzsaw said I couldn't get it dirty!' "

The Cassettecon shrugged, "A desk job might be nice, so long as I can still tor- interrogate the odd people."

Shrapnel shrugged, "You're welcome, Kickback, Kickback."

As he said this, a drone walked up towards Kickback and handed Bombshell's mortar launcher towards Kickback, as well as the ammunition required.

Bonecrusher continued working and disassembling the magnet he was working on, albeit with lesser finesse than his other Constructicon brethen.