Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Hennessy
Protoform

TF Ongoing #3 Covers

Post by Hennessy »

Image Image
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I like Ultra Magnus being redefined as a badass and all. The missile racks seem a bit overkill, though. Don't like the Hot Rod Rodimus cover. They didn't even bother with his insignia...

But seriously, they're up to issue 3 with covers, but no previews yet?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to Don's movie-style faces. They just don't feel right.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I can't even begin to give a toss about wasting my hard-earned drinking money on this until I see some actual content. And considering 20 of the last 21 issues have been completely content free, I don't see even that making a difference.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmm, ripping off Ideon visuals.

The faces look like they're by a totally different artist to the rest of the pieces, it's like a bad fake Britney pic or something.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Really like the rodimus cover :/

Reminds me of the marvel comics in someway.

Other then that... have to wait for continuim to see if what the ongoing may be like. Wondering how much re-writing of past history will be done.
spetchsta
Protoform

Post by spetchsta »

LOVE THE ULTRA MAGNUS COVER HE LOOKS REALLY P*%$ED OFF ITS AWESOME CARNT WAIT FOR THE ONGING SERIES TO LAUNCH
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'M ON THE PHONE!!!
glazios

Post by glazios »

Not fussed on the A-cover, the micromissiles in the shoulder stacks is serious overkill. It's Ultra Magnus, IDW, not Gundam-$*&%ing-Heavyarms.

B-cover, yes. DOUBLE YES. And not because it's Hot Rod/imus, but because it harkens back to the seemingly-abandoned designs we had before some idiot at the management level decided to cash in on the Movie style. Nice pencilwork, too.

Also, Roddy's wrist blasters a nod to Wolverine, much?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Blackjack wrote:but no previews yet?
It's back on Earth with existing human characters taking a lead. Just re-read the particularly dull parts of AHM?

Seriously -- has anyone seen anything, anything at all, that suggests the series will bring something new to the table? Because it's not that I don't still find well-written science fiction exciting. I do. There's just precious little of it connected with Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:that suggests the series will bring something new to the table?
G1 Bumblebee and Movie Bumblebee mating and having an uuuuuugly baby is new. It's not good, I'll grant you...

EDIT: HEAVYARMS HAD CHAUINSGNUS!!!!!!ONEONEONE!!!!

Well, probably, I only watched about the first four and elt like I'd been emobukkaked, before giving it. IT'S IDEON THEY'RE RIPPING OFF THERE! Where's me scanner and the Japanese books I bought in a bizarre OCD fit, temporarily forgetting I can't read Japanese....