25th Anniversary Perceptor and Insecticons

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Well, Robot Heroes gave us Hardshell and... "Insecticon" (Shrapnel). :D
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Good to know Perceptor has a couple of pseudo alt modes.
And screw Sharpshot, I'm calling him Shrapnel.
Still going to get those figures if I find them though.
Destruction is my specialty
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Spotted both perceptor and the insecticons today at my local TRU. I am going to get the insecticons for $35 for sure, but I dont know about perceptor for that much. I got soundwave when he came out from there for $30, so I dont see why he cost more. But anyway, they all did look good thow.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

It seems that the local scalpers have gotten to them before me.:down:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I recently picked these up, and now my reissue cherry has been popped! Haven't had some 'original' G1 toys since I was a kid, so I felt these were a nice addition to my collection since they fill some gaps in my Classics/Universe collection. I'm really impressed with the packaging (of all things) as a collection piece. I think I'll keep the boxes around even though the TFs have already been removed.

I do have one gripe though, the stickers for the Insecticons are terrible. They don't stay on for crap! Does anyone have a good suggestion as a glue to use? I don't want to use superglue as it has a tendency to melt plastic at times.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

ganon578 wrote: I do have one gripe though, the stickers for the Insecticons are terrible. They don't stay on for crap!
That's what makes them so authentic!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Notabot wrote:That's what makes them so authentic!
True. I'm tempted to go reprolabels to fix it, but I might as well try a little adhesive first.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Just got my Perceptor from the TRU website today.
Never had him as a kid so I was quite excited about opening him up.
I'm a little annoyed with the non-firing missile launcher though... I already knew about it from others but come on! Really? A spring-loaded missile launcher with no spring? and if thats not enough the firing tab was glued in place!

However the packaging is quite nice and I'm definently happy with him overall.

Oh and after some slight modification and prying mine now has a firing launcher!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Just got my Perceptor from the TRU website today.
Never had him as a kid so I was quite excited about opening him up.
I'm a little annoyed with the non-firing missile launcher though... I already knew about it from others but come on! Really? A spring-loaded missile launcher with no spring? and if thats not enough the firing tab was glued in place!

However the packaging is quite nice and I'm definently happy with him overall.

Oh and after some slight modification and prying mine now has a firing launcher!
How did you mod it? I pried mine enough to loosen the firing tab, which is now better at holding the missile in place, but alas, no spring to make it fire. I was going to open it up to fix it, but I'm afraid I'll break the red ring that holds the barrel together...
Catalyst Dragon

I used a pocket knife to pry the red cap off, I just put the blade between the cap and the base of the launcher and wedged it loose, then I used a spring from a inkpen.

It actually has enough impact force to knock down several of my well balanced figures too!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I used a pocket knife to pry the red cap off, I just put the blade between the cap and the base of the launcher and wedged it loose, then I used a spring from a inkpen.

It actually has enough impact force to knock down several of my well balanced figures too!
That might explain why it was originally removed too...

At any rate, i haven't had any peeling stickers on Insecticons. Great little things, they are. Well, except for the fact that their guns lose their chrome when you attach it to their hands (Bombshell...).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I agree, I want the Insecticons again. When I was a kid, I had all 3 and they were a lot of fun. I never knew what the compartments were for then. As small as they are compared to today's standard, they should only cost around $10 each (if that). I'll bet they jack up the price to be a set of 3 for $49.99 like Soundwave.
Catalyst Dragon

I've always wondered about the compartments on them as well...
I've been thinking about getting the Incecticons but I spent about two months last year tracking down loose G1's and don't really need them.
If I do it will be for the packaging, stat's, and lack of chrome wear.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Savannahtron wrote: I'll bet they jack up the price to be a set of 3 for $49.99 like Soundwave.
BBTS and several others have them at $54.99 and higher.:down: I ordered mine from Toysrus.com for $34.99.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I've always wondered about the compartments on them as well...
Possibly for some sort of unreleased energon cubes? I thought recently a garage kit type place made some cubes that were about that size. That's my best guess.
Catalyst Dragon wrote:I used a pocket knife to pry the red cap off, I just put the blade between the cap and the base of the launcher and wedged it loose, then I used a spring from a inkpen.

Excellent! I'll try that tomorrow!
burnitall wrote:BBTS and several others have them at $54.99 and higher.:down: I ordered mine from Toysrus.com for $34.99.
The Insecticons and Perceptor were $34.99 each at Toys R Us...
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

ganon578 wrote:Possibly for some sort of unreleased energon cubes? I thought recently a garage kit type place made some cubes that were about that size. That's my best guess.

The Insecticons and Perceptor were $34.99 each at Toys R Us...
I know.

The compartments are for little Diaclone men to sit in and operate them.
http://www.diaclone.net/orid/insec/index.html
http://www.robotmonstertoys.com/80dc.htm