Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

StarscreamX wrote:What, exactly, did I do to you to warrant that insult exactly Cliffjumper?
What, exactly, did Michael Bay do to you that makes it okay for you to go around saying what you did? Serious question. Okay with giving it but have trouble taking it? You didn't like his film? Bully for you, feel free to have a pop at it. But you decided to make a few broadbrush accusations while you were at it, simultaneously showing yourself to be somewhat lacking in knowledge about Transformers yourself.

You didn't like Bay's film, and had a go at him. I didn't like your idiotic, ill-informed fanboy spewings, and had a go at you. It's really that simple, with the slight difference that I didn't effectively do it behind your back, thus giving you a chance to answer the charge.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Pretty much the most Pointless Conversation here I've ever seen... I think that we should wait until there's real (I know, I know, what news is fake? news is news...) news. (To make it easier: until Nevermore or someone else makes three serious threads about it...)
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

What, exactly, did Michael Bay do to you that makes it okay for you to go around saying what you did? Serious question.
He made a film I hated And I voiced my displeasure about it. I didn't attack Bay personally. I didn't call him names. I simply stated my hatred of the Transformers film and made a joke about how terrible it would be if he decided to introduce Masterforce elements into the franchise.
Okay with giving it but have trouble taking it? You didn't like his film? Bully for you, feel free to have a pop at it. But you decided to make a few broadbrush accusations while you were at it, simultaneously showing yourself to be somewhat lacking in knowledge about Transformers yourself.
The only "Accusation" I made was that he didn't seem to know anything about Transformers. Plenty of people have said the exact same thing. It's merely my opinion and I apologise if it came off as being offensive. And again, I'm sorry about getting the name of the Masterforce anime wrong. I forgot which of the anime series featured human piloted transformers. My bad.
You didn't like Bay's film, and had a go at him. I didn't like your idiotic, ill-informed fanboy spewings, and had a go at you. It's really that simple, with the slight difference that I didn't effectively do it behind your back, thus giving you a chance to answer the charge.
I was not trying to have a go at Micheal Bay, but rather his take on Transformers. It's hardly a crime to have a negative opinion of the Transformers film is it? if so an awful lot of TF fans are guilt of the exact same thing. I didn't feel there was any need for you to insult me personally just for not liking Micheal Bay's work.

I don't want to start a fight here because, frankly, this is a really stupid thing to fight about. I'm sorry if my dislike for Micheal Bay's films has somehow offended you personally. (That might come off as sounding sarcastic but I will state, for the record, that it is not meant to)

I will not, however, apologise for disliking something. The whole point of these forums is for fans to trade opinions about various aspects of the Transformers franchise. I don't think personal insults are neccessary. If you had a problem with what I said about Micheal Bay you could have said so without calling me an idiot or ignorant. It seems reasonable to me that two fans can disagree on something civilly.
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
borg72

Post by borg72 »

:derailed:

srsly.
A.D.Rodimus

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

f**k me do you guys have any thing better to bitch about. Seriously get a woman or something. :smack:
I have no leg
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

We knew TF3 was bound to happen for sometime, didn't we? This whole "release date" thing is just basically them calling "dibs" on that weekend.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

According to some posts by Robert Orci on donmurphy.net, Orci and Kurtzman won't be writing TF3

Links:

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showpost ... ount=21098

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showpost ... ount=21151
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Also covered here, where they mention that they've chatted with Leonard Nimoy about doing some voice work on one of the films at some point:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/25/orci-ku ... formers-2/

Possible spoilers but I think there's just some assumptions on the part of the feature writter:
SPOILER! (select to read)
The surrounding text makes it sound like they asked Nimoy to play Galvatron in ROTF. But the actual quote is a bit more vague, I suspect it was more a case of them going "Hey, we do Transformers as well, wouldn't it be great for you to do that some point" syle thing.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I don't even want to think about the possibility of live action headmasters or "Godmasters" for that matter... chills.
That could be scary, yeah...

...but on the other hand, the sequel managed to sneak in one of the more bizarre gimmicks of the late G1 and (imo) pull it off, so it's possible they could make even the 'Masters concepts work somehow.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

This just in from Michael Bay:

2011 it is. NOT 2012.
http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... php?t=5976

He also has some nice words for Megan Fox...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Nevermore wrote:This just in from Michael Bay:

2011 it is. NOT 2012.
Thank God for that. I don't want to be sat around watching TF3 when the world ends.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Glad to see that they don't plan to slow down lest they burn the world out on shitty action movies, no sir.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, these bi-annual Transformers films sure are the whole reason the film industry's utter shite.

You wait until Reno Wilson gets a drug overdose in April 2011 and the third one gets Oscars it doesn't deserve thanks to the critics giving it a free ride.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, these bi-annual Transformers films sure are the whole reason the film industry's utter shite.
Maybe not, but making them as quickly as possible certainly doesn't help the quality.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, it's in the traditions of the franchise. ZING!

I mean, the Premium movie figures and ROTF tweaked figures even extended DVD cut ethics to the toys... Much as I love ROTF Leader Prime, I'd be as sick as a parrot if I'd spent about the same on the first one. And if Buster Prime gets a UK release, I'm probably going to bust my toy-swapping cherry.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

..doesn't this make the next (theoretical) cartoon (and toyline) doomed to follow Animated's "Oh shit, there's a movie. **** everything else!" fate? (Yeah yeah, I know. Cartoon was caught between the new Hasbro/Discovery Kids deal. I'm talking about the toyline.)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I wonder what he meant by the PS.

Was he just making a joke...or was he saying quit yer bitchin'.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

Given the ridiculous complexity of the effects and action sequences for these films, it is a wonder they can turn them out in two years. As much as I enjoyed ROTF, it would have benefited from another year (half pre-production, quater production and quater post methinks). Having a great story concept is one thing. Actually having a script you're willing to commit huge amounts of money and special effects to so as it can be edited together in to a film with some degree of continuity is quite another.
Clay

Post by Clay »

secretcode wrote:..doesn't this make the next (theoretical) cartoon (and toyline) doomed to follow Animated's "Oh shit, there's a movie. **** everything else!" fate? (Yeah yeah, I know. Cartoon was caught between the new Hasbro/Discovery Kids deal. I'm talking about the toyline.)
Not necessarily, but probably. I've still not seen any explicit reason as to why Animated was canceled. I can only assume that Cartoon Network wanted it gone because they don't like sharing ownership of shows, but I don't know of any real evidence to back that up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

numbat wrote:Given the ridiculous complexity of the effects and action sequences for these films, it is a wonder they can turn them out in two years. As much as I enjoyed ROTF, it would have benefited from another year (half pre-production, quater production and quater post methinks). Having a great story concept is one thing. Actually having a script you're willing to commit huge amounts of money and special effects to so as it can be edited together in to a film with some degree of continuity is quite another.
On the plus side they should have the full two years to work on the script rather than being derailed by the pesky writer's strike.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!