Transformers ROTF Game Add-on Pack Announced [Update on page 2]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Sorry, I only have time right now to do a copy/paste of the press release.
With the launch of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Character and Map Pack Plus DLC pack right around the corner, we wanted to share with you the full details of Luxoflux’s exciting new content. Set for release on August 27, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and $9.99 in the PlayStation Store for PS3, the pack contains eight brand-new playable characters and three new character skins, most of which are usable in both the single-player campaign and multiplayer. There are also three new multiplayer maps, a new “Expert” difficultly level for the single-player campaign and additional support for Xbox 360 Achievements and PLAYSTATION 3 Trophies.

New Characters:

* Generation One Optimus Prime
* Generation One Megatron
* Generation One Starscream
* Generation One Sunstorm
* Soundwave
* Sideswipe
* Jazz
* Jetfire (multiplayer only)

New Skins

* Generation One colors Ratchet
* Generation One colors Sideswipe
* Stealth Colors Bumblebee

New Maps:

* Courtyard – set in the U.S. east coast, pitting players directly in a central action area flanked by open skies and tall skyscrapers
* Hillside – takes players to the urban backdrop of Cairo, where players will fight in the war-torn streets and alleyways of a ruined cityscape
* Sandstorm – transports players to yet another section of Cairo, populated with low buildings and wide-open regions perfect for instantaneous, frenetic action
The price is reasonable for the content, but I worry that the install base and interest level at this point may not support it well. I wish them luck though, because I thought the game turned out VERY well.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm surprised it's coming out so quickly, however, I'll probably hold off until I have some change from buying Perfect Dark when that comes out at the end of the year.
Destruction is my specialty
Skidmark

Official trailer for the expansion pack released

Post by Skidmark »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... enge/54782

Best trailer out of all of the ROTF trailers in my POV. Really awesome and fast paced. Captures the G1 feel really well. Best of all, G1 starscream's special attack is firing megatron in gun mode. Yay!

I'm still frustrated that it won't come out for PC
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If you have X-Box Live, you can play Megan Fox tomorrow: -

http://collectiondx.com/news_item/08262 ... _august_29

I think. I don't really understand this stuff...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Shes going to be really rubbish and get pwned by teh fanboys innit.
But at least they can remove two words from their Twitter:
Today I beat off to Megan Fox
to:
Today I beat Megan Fox
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

I like the trailer, and I like the G1 additions, but I feel like they are trying to hard to get G1'ers to like the new transformers. They could have easily added in more characters from the movie, but they go back and add in G1 character which it is cool, but I want to play wit more of the movie bots.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Skidmark wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... enge/54782

Best trailer out of all of the ROTF trailers in my POV. Really awesome and fast paced. Captures the G1 feel really well. Best of all, G1 starscream's special attack is firing megatron in gun mode. Yay!

I'm still frustrated that it won't come out for PC
Moves so fast you cant keep up,random bots you can only identify by hitting the pause button,SHOUTY SOUNDBITE DIALOGUE,random gunfire and explosions that make no sense????
Its the battle from Mission City all over again.
Bay would be proud.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

I was on the Transformers ROTF game forums the other day and I saw rumors that there are supposed to be two more DLC packs on the way.

Like I said though these are rumors on the forum and not official yet so take what I just said with a grain of salt.

Also the the current stuff that is out is pretty sweet. The new maps are much cooler than the ones that shipped with the game. And the new character are a nice addition. The only thing I would have liked to see more G1 style Autobots and more actual new characters instead of G1 style paint schemes.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Probably been mentioned, but the add-on content has been released on the UK and US Playstation Network for I think $12 and $10 dollars respectively.
Currently haven't checked for 360's Marketplace yet.
Destruction is my specialty