RotF Devastator

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

RotF Devastator

Post by Savannahtron »

Anyone else picked this monster up? He is much larger than I expected from pictures. My first web impressions were that the figure looked jacked up and lame from not incorporating robot modes to the gestalt.

I saw the toy today at Wal-Mart and was taken aback by the sheer size of the toy and the detail of the figures. He comes in the box with head and torso together, and the limbs are lined up so as to appear like a figure in the box. Got him home, and 40 twist ties later, had him open and combined. He is rather top heavy and his legs are the smallest two vehicles.

Scavenger is just enormous. He forms the shoulders, the torso and the leg base. The arms and legs have male connectors for the arms and female connectors for the legs. The arms are monstrous and Devastator reminds me a lot of a pit bull, especially with the short squatty legs.

He also has an electronic voice box and says I am Devastor, Crush Autobots and this sinister laugh one. Kind of freaks me out because this guy, while not what consider to be a normal gestalt, really comes together.

He is about as heavy as he is wide. I'd guess anywhere from 5 pounds or more. Anyone else picked him up, and what are your thoughts?
G14ever

Post by G14ever »

Savannahtron wrote:Anyone else picked this monster up? He is much larger than I expected from pictures. My first web impressions were that the figure looked jacked up and lame from not incorporating robot modes to the gestalt.

I saw the toy today at Wal-Mart and was taken aback by the sheer size of the toy and the detail of the figures. He comes in the box with head and torso together, and the limbs are lined up so as to appear like a figure in the box. Got him home, and 40 twist ties later, had him open and combined. He is rather top heavy and his legs are the smallest two vehicles.

Scavenger is just enormous. He forms the shoulders, the torso and the leg base. The arms and legs have male connectors for the arms and female connectors for the legs. The arms are monstrous and Devastator reminds me a lot of a pit bull, especially with the short squatty legs.

He also has an electronic voice box and says I am Devastor, Crush Autobots and this sinister laugh one. Kind of freaks me out because this guy, while not what consider to be a normal gestalt, really comes together.

He is about as heavy as he is wide. I'd guess anywhere from 5 pounds or more. Anyone else picked him up, and what are your thoughts?
i dunno about getting him...what are your thoughts on him?
Optimus Prime to Optimus Primal in Another Rude awakening of Optimus Prime-I'm a truck not some bootslinging monkey!

i'm S1LV3R M3TAL on xbox live i play ROTF online add me!

i am Flareflamingguardian on deviantart

I am powerrulers on youtube
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

saw him at Target on sunday and I was also amazed how large he was. I yearned to actually buy him, but I need car parts instead for my VW.... Darn that car... But Devs does look a lot better than I imagined, if I do get him, first thing I will do is paint that face red like it is supposed to be...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Springer007 wrote:saw him at Target on sunday and I was also amazed how large he was. I yearned to actually buy him, but I need car parts instead for my VW.... Darn that car... But Devs does look a lot better than I imagined, if I do get him, first thing I will do is paint that face red like it is supposed to be...
That is how I felt too. He is fricken enourmous. Be aware, you have to make sure his legs are positioned right because he is so top heavy that he falls. He is just a monster!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Looks like there could be a chibi model...

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

that is the Legends of Cybertron-like line for RotF. That thing is even going for a pricey sum of money too.... Darn you Hastak *Shakes fist*!

-Space Marines
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

RIGHT BACK AT YOU, SKIPPY! CONSIDER THE NEXT FEW WAVES SHIPPED TO ARKANSAS OFFICIALLY DELAYED! WE HAVE SPOKEN!
COLLECT THEM ALL! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I saw one yesterday. Just one. (Don't they ship two per case?) Yeah, a bit bigger than I was expecting and a bit nicer looking in person. And I did play with the "try me" feature. That is what got a "meh" for me, since just about any review for Devastator mentions how "awesome" his voice and the lights are to the point where it seems the whole idea. It isn't.

Even though I had the cash on hand, I stood my ground and stuck to my original opinion. Wouldn't mind having one, but waiting for either the inevitable clearance or as a gift.

The Legends class version, otoh, will be bought at first sight.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Hasbro wrote:RIGHT BACK AT YOU, SKIPPY! CONSIDER THE NEXT FEW WAVES SHIPPED TO ARKANSAS OFFICIALLY DELAYED! WE HAVE SPOKEN!
if that was your version of a joke, you obviously don't live here muwahaha :P

-Space Marines
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, I'm not much for voice gimmicks. This guy looks like he should be mute anyway. He is monstrous and I am still digging him a week later. I agree that I will picking up the legends as well. Probably about $35 according to current legends pricing. Seven figures @ $5 each.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

He really should have one line only, a blood curdling roar. But leave it up to Frenzy_Rumble to do a custom voice chip for us ;)

-Space Marines
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Plan on getting the supreme version primarily, don't like most Legends Of Cybertron figures generally.
Destruction is my specialty
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

But Legends toys rocks!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

But I like the bigger toys that look more detailed and have slightly more difficult transformations and because I like more bang for my buck.
Destruction is my specialty
numbat

Post by numbat »

HeavyArms wrote:But I like the bigger toys that look more detailed and have slightly more difficult transformations and because I like more bang for my buck.
:eek:

You can't get more bang for you buck than a Legends Class figure at 3 quid. It's just a darned shame that Sainsbury's ammended their prices to just under 5 quid within a week of the what I expect was an error (although they do do 'introductory' prices sometimes, it was not labelled as such).

Still, I love Legends - it's amazing what they manage to put in to the week guys (when the put the effort in). And difficult transformations are not always best. A good transformation is what I look for, and Legends often deliver (and are doing better since Universe again - shame about the Movie 2007 disappointments, but ROTF are so far, erm, acceptable).

As impressive as big Devs is, and despite my heart going - 'He's cool - he's huge - he's a load of construction vehicles - that head gimmick is actually awesome!' - my brain goes - 'But he costs just shy of 100 quid, has distorted alternate modes that are out of scale and have less detail than their deluxe and voyager equivalents to boot. And he lacks one vehicle, and can't walk on all fours , and doesn't even have a firing grapple on his arm (come on, at that size and price, you could have worked that in Hasbro!). Maybe on super sale. (He has dropped 5 quid so far on Play.com... just another 45 to go, and I may think about it...)'.

Maybe a Premium version on sale may do it also...

Oh - and I think the Legends Class Devs almost certainly has a more complex transformation than his Supreme counterpart. Madness...