Masterpiece Convoy black version!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Masterpiece Convoy black version!

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?po ... code=mp_1b

With new comic by Hidetsugu Yoshioka.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Had to happen eventually. Stunned it took this long, to be honest.

[EDIT]
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... stcount=20
I deliberately avoided saying "I'm surprised we haven't seen a black Convoy yet" in that post because of my worrying habit of making flippant comments about Takara toys that then get announced immediately afterward.

Still, I'm taking the general principle behind my remark about a black Grimlock and notching it up as another indication that me and Tom are slowly gaining control over Takara with our minds.

... now if only they'd read the comment I made about the dinosaur cassettes not being reissued yet.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I had often thought about doing a custom "Scourge" Prime, but I notice they started calling him Nemesis Prime, so I wonder what his name will eventually be in English.
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

The black Scourge/Nemesis Prime versions generally look decent to me. As a retail price product in the US I would consider it.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Savannahtron wrote:I had often thought about doing a custom "Scourge" Prime, but I notice they started calling him Nemesis Prime, so I wonder what his name will eventually be in English.
I doubt this will be released outside Japan.

Also, this is not evil "Black Convoy", it's a heroic Convoy in black!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Nevermore wrote:Also, this is not evil "Black Convoy", it's a heroic Convoy in black!
BUT TEH EYEZ!! DEY IZ TEH RED!!!!!!four
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hmm... MP Prime in jet black would look good.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nevermore wrote:I doubt this will be released outside Japan.

Yup. Shame too. Has the Scourge/Nemesis colors down pretty well, and the purple matrix is pretty cool. Now if only it had a Decepticon insignia instead . . .
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

RID Scourge wrote:Now if only it had a Decepticon insignia instead . . .
[insert new reprolabels.com project here]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Honestly thought they'd already done one. Mind, at least this time they aren't claiming it's a different character...
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I wonder if they're ever gonna stop making recolors of MP Prime... Please man, just give us a MP Galvatron, Unicron, Primus,Cyclonus, or Jazz. Or a MP Devastator, but not that story again..
xtc
Protoform

Post by xtc »

Sweet. I hope it's reasonably obtainable.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Nevermore wrote:I doubt this will be released outside Japan.

Ironic that the only thing that makes this a Heroic Autobot is leaving the mold the same. Other than that, looks like RID Scourge or Nemesis Prime to me. Same black, grey, aqua and Red eyes. Hrm. Go figure for color scheme associations.
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

True, the EHobby black versions are just that. Black versions of characters not alternate characters with the same mold. Personally I am in favor of repaints on higher quality molds. Gives more options to the customers and keeps profits up for the company. To me more of the same is better than ending a line that I appreciate. Japanese and especially exclusive japanese versions are generally beyond what I am willing to pay. Even already having a regular version of the US toy this is interesting enough that I would highly consider picking up if released by Hasbro. More so if they changed the symbol to Decepticon and called it Scourge or Nemesis Prime. I am surprised we received an MP Skywarp before an MP Ultra Magnus. If it were not too expensive I think an MP Ultra Magnus vs MP Skywarp two pack would be a hilarious US release.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

SenahBirdR wrote: More so if they changed the symbol to Decepticon and called it Scourge or Nemesis Prime. I am surprised we received an MP Skywarp before an MP Ultra Magnus. If it were not too expensive I think an MP Ultra Magnus vs MP Skywarp two pack would be a hilarious US release.
I would love to see a fansproject of just that one piece being replaced. Have it include (if in the US) the longer smokestacks.

I think the vs. pack would be cool too, but I would love to see a 6" MP version of the Constructicons. Each Bot be about the size of a Binaltech and combine (with combiner parts as well) into the Mighty Devastator. I think this would be feasible and would absolutely work within the line.

Could you imaging a 18" Devastator? Muhahahah!
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

Savannahtron wrote:Could you imaging a 18" Devastator? Muhahahah!
Insert dirty joke here. Really, I don't think I need to spell one out.

A Masterpiece Devastator would absolutely rock. If done correctly. I would also like to see a mold usable for Inferno and Hoist.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The sight of Battle Convoy/Scourge wielding Megatron as a weapon is frightfully amusing. :D
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Didn't they release that incredibly overpriced and tiny Hybrid Style convoy under the same idea? (Just a straight black repaint, no Decepticon logos, etc.)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Almost all black redecos of toy versions of G1 Convoy/Optimus Prime placed in the G1 continuity have been the same character (G1 Prime) thus far:

JafCon Convoy
Nucleon Quest Super Convoy
Hybrid Style G1 Convoy
Masterpiece Convoy

The only big exception is Binaltech Black Convoy, and the crazy black Alternity Convoy that might or might not be the same character, but reformed.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

it looks pretty good, but sadly i won't bite at this. the last straight up repaint Prime i bought was RiD Scourge, since as a child I could never get my hands on Laser Rod Optimus Prime. But this is a nifty paintjob nonetheless, and not as terrible as the last MP Prime with the voice chip pedestal. But all and all I agree that they need another MP mold, and maybe with the sales of these, maybe that will be possible. Hopefully....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines