Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Clay wrote:Buster Optimus; he's big in Japan

Basically the new leader toy with new/modified gas tanks that pop off to become one (1) rifle, and an open faced, no mouth-plate head. Also shiny and super blinged-out, apparently.
Why do the Japanese always get the coolest stuff? Can't they release this here as well, as a Premium or something?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Why do the Japanese always get the coolest stuff? Can't they release this here as well, as a Premium or something?
What inclination was given that this won't be released by Hasbro as well?

Just because it shows up in Takara solicitations before some thief manages to steal it from the factory doesn't mean it'll be a Japanese exclusive. Re Legends Devastator.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I just wish Hasbro would step up their paint aps to the level of Takara.

Though granted, Takara does like to go overboard on the chrome sometimes....
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I think we should start to report confirmed toy releases in here again just for consistency's sake.

Deluxe Class wave 4 (Jolt, Skids/Mudflap as ice cream truck, Blazemaster and Dead End) has been sighted at a Target store in San Diego, California.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... il-168161/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hopefully that translates to Dead End reaching me soon! :up: Then I need to find Leader Jets, Scalpel, the toaster guy and Long Haul, and the rest'll be more or less impulse purchases.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The RPM Devastator trackset is out too.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... found.html
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Clay wrote:What inclination was given that this won't be released by Hasbro as well?

Just because it shows up in Takara solicitations before some thief manages to steal it from the factory doesn't mean it'll be a Japanese exclusive. Re Legends Devastator.
I thinkthat they won't release it since we've got altready an OP. Knowing Hasbro, they'll probably make Premium and Nightwatch repaints, because they're lazy, and that's it...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Yeah, like they didn't give us another Bumblebee because we already had one.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Without being cynical about it, is there really a high probability that we'll be getting a chromed OP? Our Classics/Universe 2.0 didn't have chrome. Binaltech were metal, whilst Alternators were plastic. Masterpiece Optimus was chrome without battle damage. There tends to be some substantial differences between Takara releases and Hasbro ones.

I'm hoping for chrome like everyone else. But the realistic position seems to be to expect some paint/chrome apps differences.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

I understand why we dont get chrome and metal figures like the binaltech line, and we get plastic instead, but hasbro needs to put out a line where we do get some of these metals figures at a reasonably price, and no no titanium series again, but a line with metal figures in it, but making another line wouldnt be a good idea because of all the other lines they have out over here right now.

They need to make it where we are able to get whatever figures we want threw them at a decent price, and no I aint talking about bbts or no other online places that jack the prices up on new figures, I mean some way threw hasbro where it might be a like $10 to $15 more, that is how much I would pay for that buster prime, no more then that thow.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Naming no names, but some of you might want to find a dictionary. Seriously.

Getting a version of Buster Prime would seem more-or-less inevitable, most likely as a 'premium' version of some description. And purely off-the-top-of-my-head, there are reasons the rest of the world don't get chrome in toys. As far as I know, US toy safety and manufacturing laws (including environmental ones) extend even to production of goods outside the US, where either (and i'm not sure which) the product is intended for the US market (IE a direct import) or the company is based in the US.

either way, chroming is a pollutant-heavy process (actually it isn't any more, method depending, but when have US toy laws made all that much sense) that is legislated against. It's the same reason you didn't get true chrome detailing on cars again until recently.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

It's also a problem that here the transformers are sold mainly a kidstoys, in Japan they're considered as Collectorsitems, which have to be treated like you treat your child/younger brother/ pet... In fact, I don't care about the chrome, but I find the extras, the gun and the head more intresting...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Deluxe wave 5 out already!

Contains Arcee, Stalker Scorponok and - presumably - Swerve too.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... -cali.html
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rattrap's tail wrote:I thinkthat they won't release it since we've got altready an OP. Knowing Hasbro, they'll probably make Premium and Nightwatch repaints, because they're lazy, and that's it...
Japanese Buster Optimus = Hasbro Premium Optimus, TBA. They are not unpredictable.
BlacknRedTed wrote:I understand why we dont get chrome and metal figures like the binaltech line, and we get plastic instead, but hasbro needs to put out a line where we do get some of these metals figures at a reasonably price, and no no titanium series again, but a line with metal figures in it, but making another line wouldnt be a good idea because of all the other lines they have out over here right now.
Because chrome and metal are expensive, and don't add anything to the toy.

Besides, I have this Masterpiece Megatron made by super-awesome Takara that has chromed parts that they didn't seal and have long since corroded. And I have this Binaltech Overdrive whose doors don't match the trunk because the paint-on-metal doesn't match the molded plastic.

Because Takara is run by a bunch of monkeys. No, I'm not bitter. What makes you think that?
Nevermore wrote:Deluxe wave 5 out already!

Contains Arcee, Stalker Scorponok and - presumably - Swerve too.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... -cali.html
Four and five out in the same weekend? They must have many repaints planned.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

I dont care about the chrome as much as a new weapon or a feature that is on a figure that is out over here to. Like that buster prime, I feel like that gun should have been on the american version to, and more then likely it will be featured on a repainted version, but I dont have $45+ to spend on the same figure but it has a gun now to. That is what upsets me about stuff like this. Something that should have been on the figure in the first place but is being held back basically to sale the mold again and a repaint with a new "gimmick".
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

BlacknRedTed wrote:I dont care about the chrome as much as a new weapon or a feature that is on a figure that is out over here to. Like that buster prime, I feel like that gun should have been on the american version to, and more then likely it will be featured on a repainted version, but I dont have $45+ to spend on the same figure but it has a gun now to. That is what upsets me about stuff like this. Something that should have been on the figure in the first place but is being held back basically to sale the mold again and a repaint with a new "gimmick".
It may be annoying, but it's a smart business move on Hasbro's part, whether they plan it that way or not. A majority of people that want OP the first time around will buy it. Later Hasrbo adds some paint apps and a new gun, and can sell it at a later date for the same price as the original. Some collectors who aren't 100% happy unless they have every bell and whistle they could have (even though I hear Leader OP is a phenomenal toy as is), and they re-buy the same figure. Hasbro also catches some people who may have missed out on the first release, or didn't have money at the time. They get to keep these characters on the shelf for a far longer time than just having one run, and they justify it with new features. Plus, some people who may not have been interested before but have been intrigued with the DVD release of the movie might bite on the $45 purchase now. You can't fault Hasbro for milking a cash cow for all it's worth...
Clay

Post by Clay »

BlacknRedTed wrote:I dont care about the chrome as much as a new weapon or a feature that is on a figure that is out over here to.
?

Takara already released the toy the same as Hasbro. What you're complaining about Hasbro doing (making minor modifications as selling the toy again) is exactly what Takara is doing to the native Japanese market.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Voyager Long Haul and Grindor out too.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... t-usa.html
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Holy carp! I think with the exception of the third bike that's everything I want in terms of movie figures that's officially out! Though I'll probably want later releases as we see them. Glad to know I won't have to wait until September for most of these. :up:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

BlacknRedTed wrote:I dont care about the chrome as much as a new weapon or a feature that is on a figure that is out over here to. Like that buster prime, I feel like that gun should have been on the american version to, and more then likely it will be featured on a repainted version, but I dont have $45+ to spend on the same figure but it has a gun now to. That is what upsets me about stuff like this. Something that should have been on the figure in the first place but is being held back basically to sale the mold again and a repaint with a new "gimmick".
If you want the gun just wait a few months and then pick up the toy loose on Ebay nice and cheap with no money going from you to Hasbro.