Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

they only toys i am buying are the human alliance ones. i like the scale, details, and the fact that they will work well with my alternators. i hope thye make a human alliance prime, that would be the awesome if they did. :up: if not, i will just buy prime as is :)
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Springer007 wrote:they only toys i am buying are the human alliance ones. i like the scale, details, and the fact that they will work well with my alternators. i hope thye make a human alliance prime, that would be the awesome if they did. :up: if not, i will just buy prime as is :)
egads! could you imagine the sheer size and complexity?

edit: (ooh, a reverse quote...)
burnitall wrote:I could do without the humans. They never make anything better.
words to live by...
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

borg72 wrote:egads! could you imagine the sheer size and complexity?
Leader Prime is big and complex enough for me. I'm interested in the HA figures too, but I could do without the humans. They never make anything better.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Civ, are you sure Blazemaster is a voyager? Going by the card packaging it looks like a deluxe?
Whoops. Yep, you're right. My mistake but Clay fixed it. Thanks.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

borg72 wrote:egads! could you imagine the sheer size and complexity?

edit: (ooh, a reverse quote...)

words to live by...
I am just getting to the point if I pay for something, like forty dollars, or more, USD, it better be worth it. Maybe I am just getting too stingy in my old age? lol. And belive me, I am throwing out the humans if I get them and replacing them with the nice, newer versions of G.I. Joes. They look so much better, and they are more poseable.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Is it just me or does this new Arcee look more like an Animated toy with her big arms?
numbat

Post by numbat »

The HA Arcee is an interesting one - unlike the other HA figures, she seems less film accurate and with a simple transformation.

As to an HA Prime, he would actually be a similar size to Leader Class Prime, which is either 1/27 or 1/29 or so (I don't think it's a different scale from the first Movie Leader, just different proportions).

Leader Prime is roughly in scale with the HA Sam figure (~1/28) that comes with Bumblebee.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

3-part supreme (or whatever hes called) devastator review, by frenzyrumble. well, i suppose if anyone can make this utter waste of $100 (or £99 here) passable, it's him...

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/20 ... eview.html

via tflamb

i'm not going to rant about it, i'm having a good day so far and i'm not going to let this fisher-price monstrosity of a piss-take by hasbro ruin it. but goddamit, it's not even in scale with itself! would 'afterthought' robot modes have been that hard?
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Halfshell wrote:Thought he was a pale blue myself.
Maybe I'm just goddamn color blind, but...

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

That's blatantly the treetops and grass reflecting off him.

What colour was he when he car-napped Sam? Or when he was defaced?
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

He was looking pretty damn green in the air, but then there's this:

Maybe he's just dirty and Megatron threw a bucket of water on him between shots?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Devastator is even more disappointing than I was expecting from the stock photos and toy show photos.

The robot mode is ok, and the head is cool. But even the robot mode suffers from a ridiculous lack of paint applications.

The vehicle modes are total jokes! Why do they lack moulded detail? No excuses given the size and stupidly simple transformations! And the scales are a bit daft. I like that the Terex RH400 is so huge, but why is Mixmaster? That's just silly, and I'm sure they could have designed that better by making Mixmaster smaller or introducing Overload so as Scavenger would be smaller. And, of course, it would be more Movie realistic then as well, even if that was a baby toy too. At least the Terex is a box as well, unlike Voyager Demolishor, but, then, the back is wide open, and the detail is awful. Demolishor looks far better!

There is a possibility that a Premium style version may look half-decent in robot mode, but those vehicles will always look bad.

There's really no excuse for this shoddy approach to a 100 quid toy. Sure, drop the individual robot modes to allow for a more realistic alt and combined mode if you have to. But with such simple transformations? And with so little detail?

Man...

I don't think I'd even pick that up at half the price.

This will be hitting clearance big-time. Size and the head are the only selling factors. Shame. I had hoped for him to be good enough to display with Legends. Maybe a Premium release will. Also on clearance.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Maybe he's just dirty and Megatron threw a bucket of water on him between shots?
Maybe it's a reference to the incredible colour-changing jets from the original cartoon!

Bizarre. There is a lot of green dust floating around in that first picture, but not enough to make that much of a difference. And the dust/smoke in the second pic is white, too. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I agree numbat. I'm glad I decided to go with the individual releases that don't combine. They're pretty awesome.

If they had individual bot modes then he would be worth it. I can't display Dev, but I could display the individuals and combine them while playing.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Where's the rest of Devastator? We were promised a height of two feet. That thing is barely half that. :(

What I mean is that, basically, he's not terribly larger than the previous Supreme class figures, yet neatly doubles the price. BOO.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

perhaps they meant "width"?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Where's the rest of Devastator? We were promised a height of two feet. That thing is barely half that. :(

What I mean is that, basically, he's not terribly larger than the previous Supreme class figures, yet neatly doubles the price. BOO.
I was disappointed by the apparently ridiculously (:p)small height initially, but I think he is quite huge, bulk-wise. Nowhere near 100 quid's worth though. You can buy blocks of plastic in the shape of John Deere branded dumpers for half that.

The other Supremes have all been more complex (well, up to Cybertron anyway - I have no experience of the Animated one), and only slightly smaller really.

The Legends Class version looks so much better in every possible mode! Madness! Sheer madness!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Several new Takara toys announced... most of them are just Takara's versions of toys already confirmed for Hasbro (Deluxe Arcee, Voyager Long Haul, Voyager Grindor, Human Alliance Bumblebee, Human Alliance Sideswipe, Human Alliance Skids), but this one is new:

Buster Optimus Prime, which is Leader Prime with added boosters and parts.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ge-168072/

Slated for a November release.

Meanwhile, Deluxe Swerve (Sideswipe redeco with a new head) has been confirmed as an Amazon Japan exclusive. Keep in mind that this toy will also be available through Hasbro, including the new head. It's only an exclusive in Japan. Some new pics can be seen here (click the image for more images):

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002FQKDGI

More details on upcoming Takara (and Hasbro) ROTF toys in the checklist:

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/checklist ... fallen.php
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Ummm has there been any other releases of rotf toys in toys so far ? I know the HA BB is out, and leader jetfire is out, but is there any new deluxes, voyagers, or anything else out. I dont realy care about the FAB or the gravity bots, but my little newphew does, so you can list those to, and also I just started collecting the scout figures in the line, and my nephew collects the legends, so yeah I was just wondering whats new with the line and whats out now.
Clay

Post by Clay »

BlacknRedTed wrote:Ummm has there been any other releases of rotf toys in toys so far ? I know the HA BB is out, and leader jetfire is out, but is there any new deluxes, voyagers, or anything else out. I dont realy care about the FAB or the gravity bots, but my little newphew does, so you can list those to, and also I just started collecting the scout figures in the line, and my nephew collects the legends, so yeah I was just wondering whats new with the line and whats out now.
Nevermore's checklists to the rescue!