Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Earnings

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Earnings

Post by Civ »

WARNING: There may be very mild spoilers in the linked articles.

Found a few articles reporting how well "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" has done in the box office. The results? Quite well so far:

Movie makes $60.6 million in its first day, second only to the "Dark Knight".
Credit: Hollywoodreporter.com

IMAX Posts Biggest Opening Ever w/ Transformers Revenge of the Fallen with $14.4 million between all of the 169 IMAX theaters domestically during the five-day opening from Wednesday, June 24 through Sunday, June 28.

Credit: Tformers.com's bwbm

During the first 5 days of release, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" has an estimated gross of $201.2 million. Only the second movie to ever accomplish this feat. The first was the "Dark Knight".

Credit: Tformers.com's Primus

BONUS ARTICLE: From the "Los Angeles Times", the exit polls have shown favorable audience reactions.

[quote=""Los Angeles Times" article excerpt"]Paramount's national exit polling revealed several notable facts. While the first "Transformers" film, released in 2007, skewed 60-40 toward men over women, the split in the new film was more even at 54% male, 46% female. More than 90% of those surveyed said the new movie was as good as or better than the first film. About 67% of moviegoers polled said the film was "excellent," an even better score than that generated by Paramount's "Star Trek," one of the year's best-reviewed movies.[/quote]
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

BOO.

This means more testicle jokes in the inevitable followup.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

And possibly more leg humping?
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Hey, the leg humping from wheelie and devestators balls was funny, lol. But yeah, they need to tone it down just a little, I never want to see a man rip his pants off right in front of the camera and have his butt right there, now that was just to much. Other then that, this movie was great.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Clay wrote:BOO.

This means more testicle jokes in the inevitable followup.
If they put the Seacons in they could probably get a phonetic joke out of Tentakill if they tried hard enough.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:If they put the Seacons in they could probably get a phonetic joke out of Tentakill if they tried hard enough.
Heehee, you said "hard" and "tentakill"

Well, I'm happy to see a success. I want more TF movies
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Saw the movie today, I actually loved the twins and their personalities. ANd I agree, the scrotum and sex jokes get old, FAST. Wheelie calling Mikeala
SPOILER! (select to read)
war goddess
was cute, but the leg humping seemed to be a bit like the character's tech specs on how he is such a pushover. But yes, in the future, hope they tone it down since most of the audience targeted are kids.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
A.D.Rodimus

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

although i loved the movie better then the first one, i couldnt help but get abit bored with the amount of comedy that seemed to cut in and take away from the intense action scenes. it took my focus away. devestators balls??? i mean come on....
I have no leg
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

A.D.Rodimus wrote:although i loved the movie better then the first one, i couldnt help but get abit bored with the amount of comedy that seemed to cut in and take away from the intense action scenes. it took my focus away. devestators balls??? i mean come on....
i've had customers come into the store where i work and say they refused to see the move because of shia lebouff. mainly because they think he is annoying, and i thought sam could have been played better by someone else to begin with. but yes, the devastator scrotum, at least we know where the wrecking balls go, but they didn't have to place them there. i didn't think the autobots or decepticons got near as much screen time as was needed. still too much human activity. That aside, Jetfire was hillarious. I loved whomever did the voice.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Civ

Post by Civ »

Update:

Transformers breaks the $500 million mark worldwide.
Having a quick look at BoxOfficeMojo you can see a nice comparison page for the Domestic (US) takings of Transformers, Iron Man and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. A basic summary breaks down as follows

US Domestic earnings

Transformers: $319,246,193
Iron Man: $318,412,101
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: $268,700,00

Worldwide Takings

Transformers: $708,252,592
Iron Man: $585,133,287
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: $508,915,819

Interestingly Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has now taken 68 million dollars more (in the US) then it's cost to make, and is only $85million dollars behind Iron Man's worldwide total takings. (Obviously there has probably been an increase in box office pricing since the previous two films).

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is already the 38th highest grossing film in the US and 66th worldwide.
Credit to Moonbug of Transformers at the Moon
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why Iron Man?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Becoz dey both has metal nd explsons dumbass.
opaquereptilian

Wheelie's predecessor

Post by opaquereptilian »

Springer007 wrote:. .....but the leg humping ......
I think Mr. Bay stayed up a little late and watched too much Robot Chicken.

Don't believe me, check out this and scroll forward till about the 4:46 remaining mark.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Cliffjumper wrote:Why Iron Man?
I guess because...ummm...I dunno. We went from the Dark Knight to Star Trek to Iron Man and now, Ice Age 3.
It's official - Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is cooler than a third ice age! The fourth of July weekend box office stats, posted on Yahoo, show that Revenge of the Fallen took in $42.4 million over the holiday weekend to take the top spot, beating out Ice Age 3 by around $800'000.

For those keeping track, this puts Revenge of the Fallen at $293 million domestically in the 12 days since its launch - a phenomenal achievement, considering that the first movie took almost a full month from its release to reach this point. Furthermore, according to Box Office Mojo, Revenge of the Fallen's total gross (domestic plus international) now stands at $591,459,000, a mere $120 million behind the total gross for the first live action movie.
Credit: Sol Fury of TFW2005
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

$591,459,000, a mere $120 million behind the total gross for the first live action movie.
Is anyone else sort of surprised that it might overtake the 2007 film? I thought a lot of the audience who gave the first film a go would not be the type to see ROTF as well
Civ

Post by Civ »

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has hit $300 million domestic and $600 million worldwide.

From bwbm of Tformers.com
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has become the first film of the year to hit $300 million in the domestic box office on Tuesday.

The film officially grossed $299,762,339 through Monday. The film has more or less split the gross down the middle domestically and overseas, grossing over $307.9 million through Monday.

Transformers took 39 days to overtake the $300 million mark domestically, while it took Revenge of the Fallen just 14 days the second fastest film to ever do so behind The Dark Knight.

The following is Paramount Pictures' official statement:
$300 Million in 14-Days for Transformers Sequel

After only 14-days in release, the worldwide hit "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" became the 2nd fastest film in movie history to earn $300 million in U.S. ticket sales, eclipsing the previous record-holder "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," by 2-days. From director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg, the Paramount Pictures release trails only "The Dark Knight" in this record-setting achievement.

"Moviegoers everywhere propelled the film to this great success, paving the way for a phenomenal run," said Paramount Pictures Vice Chairman Rob Moore.

2007's "Transformers" earned $319.2 million in its theatrical run, and more than $700 million worldwide. The sequel has already taken in over $600 million worldwide to date, conquering several records including:

-- Biggest Wednesday-Sunday opening of all time.
-- Biggest Wednesday opening of all time.
-- Paramount's biggest international opening of all time.
-- 3rd biggest worldwide opening weekend of all time.
-- 4th biggest international opening of all time.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Well the critics be damned...

people love watching this movie.

my un-scientific research has concluded that people really enjoyed it. The story was not hard to follow and the action/effects wowed audiences.

I know that it has been trashed by fans and critics, but I liked it and am glad for it's success.

No, it ain't Citizen Kane, but it was enjoyable and exciting.
Come on and wind me up.
Neotyrant

Post by Neotyrant »

Looks like the movie did exactly what it was supposed to do: 1) It entertained, and 2) it made tons of money. Appealing to critics is probably a distant #3 but two out of 3 isn't bad I would say. :)
"Hey, I just thought of something. Why are we doing this?"
borg72

Post by borg72 »

i see hasbro are supposedly set to make $600M on the toys. of which Bay gets a frankly staggering 8% ($47M). i'd not thought that directors got options on toy sales before, let alon such a hefty whack.

although i'm not sure if that 600 figure includes the various back-and-forth fee payments between hasbro and paramount

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-200 ... 11630.html

although wsj known to over-hype things (the supposed yet non-existant 'feud' between bay and fox that they actually started by quoting a fox comment out of context to bay and prodding for an answer that was again re-quoted out-of-context in a resulting 'feud' article)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Revenge of the Fallen breaks $700 million.

Credit to Quartz at Transformers @ the Moon and Box Office Mojo
According to BoxOfficeMojo Transformers Revenge of the Fallen has now broken the $700 million mark now grossing a total of $711,619,956. The second live action Transformers film is now the 14th highest grossing film ever within the US and the 30th highest worldwide. The movie has also now out grossed the first film.