Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

coreyshane84 wrote:I just watched a review for the ROTF: Arcee figure and in it peaugh (the reviewer) mentions some concept art for the third of the motorcycles....anybody know where i can see this artwork?
Yep. Right here: Third RotF female Autobot bike concept
numbat

Post by numbat »

borg72 wrote:play.com had leader prime on preorder, but kept pushing the date further and further back. in the end i cancelled and store-bought (fenwicks).

and what ever happened to the drop in VAT? i only ever seem to get it at supermarkets any more.

as far as i know, only americaland is on to wave 2 so far.

so far ive only seen wave one legends (springer, bee, prime, jetfire), but i'll check again today.
I got my Leader Prime from Play.com on the original release day back in May... I guess they sold out fast and are having difficulty restocking?

The dropped VAT has been incorporated in prices, but that doesn't stop places making more profit on the toys, I guess. I really am unwilling to pay out 25 quid for a Voyager class figure, VAT aside! I'm sure there are sound reasons behind it, but that's a price-leap too far for me... And, besides, you can get them for 18 quid from Play.com...

Sainsbury's in Hamilton had Legends Swideswipe, Ratchet and Starscream. I picked up the last Sideswipe (on totally the wrong shelf - it was like a bomb had hit the ROTF display!), but there were stacks of Starscreams and Springers as well. They didn't have Prime, Jetfire or Bumblebee - but they may have sold out already. A larger Sainsbury's out at East Kilbride only had Springer, Prime, Jetfire and Bumblebee. No sign of Sideswipe et al there as yet. And they only had Wave 1 Deluxes, FABs and Voyagers. And other than Legends, they were all rediculously priced!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Tramp wrote:Yep. Right here: Third RotF female Autobot bike concept
Um that knife, Arcee has also one like that. Strange, Chromia gets a gun, and Arcee, and Purple a knife...
coreyshane84
Protoform

Post by coreyshane84 »

Thank you sir!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Um that knife, Arcee has also one like that. Strange, Chromia gets a gun, and Arcee, and Purple a knife...
That's because Chromia is buddies with Iron hide. That guy's a gun-toting psycho, so she needs one to keep up with him. :p
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

RID Scourge wrote:That's because Chromia is buddies with Iron hide. That guy's a gun-toting psycho, so she needs one to keep up with him. :p
More than "buddies" I'd say, but yeah. That is a very good reason why she carries a BFG.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well the bio really only implies a close friendship. Don't spoil the movie if it implies more.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

RID Scourge wrote:Well the bio really only implies a close friendship. Don't spoil the movie if it implies more.
I'm not. Just based off of their established relationship from previous canon. :love: :p
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, but that's a different series entirely.
Clay

Post by Clay »

RID Scourge wrote:Yeah, but that's a different series entirely.
He doesn't understand that, so don't waste your time.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

RID Scourge wrote:Yeah, but that's a different series entirely.
If you read between the lines, the implication is certainly there, otherwise the copywriter wouldn't have made such a big point about mentioning it. The very fact that Ironhide and Chromia have a "history" in the TF mythos is very likely a big influence on his choice of words, and possibly their relationship in the actual movie. They're a pair, and always have been. This is made very clear in her toy bio:
Chromia is tough as nails, and always spoiling for a fight. She's been friends with Ironhide for centuries, and their reunion on Earth was one of the high points of the war for both of them. now, they work side-by-side, hunting and destroying Decepticons. Neither of them has ever been happier. The two robots make great partners, and she, along with her two sisters, are an invaluable part of the team.

Note how it specifically points out how long they've been together, how happy they are to be reunited, how perfect they go together. The writer spends almost the entire time writing about Chromia's relationship with Ironhide, and only a brief one-sentence afterthought about her and her sisters at the very end.

I'd call that pretty clear evidence that there is "something" between Ironhide and Chromia even in the movie-verse.

We'll see tomorrow night, during the midnight premier how great of a part their chemistry is brought out in the movie itself. The toy bio though, certainly establishes a very significant "history" and chemistry between Ironhide and Chromia that goes beyond just being "buddies".
borg72

Post by borg72 »

i forget which (if any) of you are american, so havent seen the movie yet.

quasi movie spoilers
SPOILER! (select to read)
sadly, the ironhide relationship is not resolved. certainly he teams up with her at one point, but there is never any dialog between them. also, all three bikes are reffered to as a single being, arcee. the three bikes, despite having seperate identitys in the toy-verse, are all just arcee in the movie. and her hologram rider is hot. just saying. id say something else, but that'd be giving something major away. you've only a day to wait, i'm sure you'll manage.
shockwave88
Protoform

Post by shockwave88 »

Well, just came back from an advanced screening of ROTF. Most of you guys will love it, especially if you liked the '07 Movie. I am also happy to say that Wave 2 voyagers and some Wave 3 deluxes and Legends have been spotted in and around the Ontario region. So those living there good luck searching for them.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Stacks more ROTF figures have gone up on Play.com, including (prices in GBP - my computer refuses to do pound symbols, despite setting it to 'UK'...):

- Wave 3 Deluxes (11.99 - release on 24/07/2009)
- Wave 2 Voyagers (24.99 - release on 24/07/2009)
- Wave 2/3 Scouts (7.99 - release on 24/07/2009)
- Human Alliance Sideswipe & Epps (28.99 - release on 31/07/2009)
- Human Alliance Skids, Arcee & Mikaela (27.99 - release on 31/12/2009)

Also, preview Deluxe Bumblebee and Soundwave have been reduced to 10.99.

Looks like even Play.com are having difficulty keeping prices low (or know they can make a hefty profit and don't need to) on these now. Also, they seem to either being having stocking problems (figures seem to be going out of stock on their release days, or before, sometimes with new 'release' dates being added which probably reflect a new shipment date, whereas other times they're just going to 'temporarily out of stock' - I think this is because fast sales though, as I got my Leader Prime on the release date, but I gather other people who ordered at a similar time are still waiting, and the date keeps getting pushed back). I guess, if you're after any of these in the UK, at Play.com prices, then you should preorder ASAP.

Oh, and they've had Devastator up for ages at 99.99. No savings over retail there (release 30/07/2009). Massive cost. Better be a massive figure - standard Supreme class wouldn't warrant that price tag. I hear he is around 2' tall?

And they have had Leader Jetfire up for a while at 42.99 (release 26/06/2009). Only a slight saving (retail is around 44.99), but the only UK place I've seen advertising him yet.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

calabos1 wrote:That was actually the point in remolding the new Optimus Prime. The old one just can't combine. You can try though? I mean so far there are several people who have taken Demolisher, Rampage, and Mixmaster and have "Retooled" them into combining into one another making a partial Devastator. Even though there not meant or designed to form devastator on the toy line.

Also has anyone seen the new waves yet? The ones that include mudflap, ravage, barricade, or the human alliances?

I have seen this wave like almost 2 weeks ago now. Check your stores, cuz they should be out now.
shockwave88
Protoform

Post by shockwave88 »

I finally saw leader class Megatron and Prime today (They seem to be out of stock in most places) and I saw an advertisement for the Devastator set (which is a total rip-off and I won't be buying it even though it is entirely canon)
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

This may sound like a silly question, but does anybody know if Ejector is out yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

The G1 Superion homage Energon combiner redeco is currently in my local Sainsbury's at a special introductory price of 22.49 GBP. That's easily the best price I've seen it at, despite my local area crawling in them. The price reverts to 29.99 GBP on 07/07/09.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Transformers ROTF Skywarp and Ramjet (repaints of 2007 Movie Voyager Starscream) are currently available in Asda Living stores (or whatever they're called). May also be in Asda superstores, but the one in Hamilton is getting extended just now, and hasn't had any ROTF stock in yet as a result.

They're 20 GBP each.

So, if anyone is keen to expand they're collection of very bulky Movie Seekers (in the traditional use of the word - not the ROTF Jetfire one...), then there you go!

(Also, the Asda Living store at Glasgow Fort had ROTF Deluxe figures on offer at 8.00 GBP - just 3p more expensive than the Scout Class figures!)
calabos1
Protoform

Post by calabos1 »

W00T!
If you live in Utah or anywhere near a walmart going through remodel you might be in luck! I checked my local walmart and found the two walmart exclusives- Ramjet and Skywarp both clearance for $13.50(not the original $26.97). Weather your a fan of redecos or not thats a great buy considering voyagers being 18.00 min and up!
But it doesn't end there I spoke with a toys associate and she informed me to not throw away the receipt or the packaging because I have 90 days to return them? why? Well for starters since there a clearance Item they must go and if they don't go for the 13.50 then they'll drop them even lower till there all gone and If I want I can return them back and have walmart resell them to me for the newest/cheapest price listed. She said that they want them all gone by this weekend and if there not all gone by then than they'll mark them down as low as 2-3 bucks!

Sounds crazy right? Well I'm still not through! All the above is completely true. All Walmarts going through remodel are having their department managers clearance any non-replenishable merchandise during the remodel. That means if new stuff comes in tomorrow it'll remain on the shelves for full price till a remodel associate goes through and scans it. If it comes up non-replenishable then its immediately marked down and clearanced. Apparently Ramjet and Skywarp are not being restocked at my walmart.

IImage