Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

BlacknRedTed wrote:Yeah chromia is starting to become a hot buy in my area as well. I found her at a target a few weeks ago, and ever since then, I havent seen her anywhere since, and then I found her out at my wal-mart a few days ago, and I went back today, and she was gone......so I guess she is getting some love.
Heh. I was just admiring her today and said "I might pick her up". Hopefully I find her before she starts to become popular around here.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'll probably pick up Chromia tomorrow...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

More new-old stuff: a universe minicon 10 pack of redecos, and repackaging of surplus scouts from the first movie.

linky.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

secretcode wrote:Mudflap's wave (Him, Ravage and I can't remember who else) was first sighted last Monday, So I guess he's out.

I went to my wal-mart again yesturday and they this big thing filled with new or new-er figures in my area. They had a ravage(that I picked up), alot of mudflaps(yes he is out), and on the other side there was voyager megatron, mixmaster, and all the other voyagers packed in there. So yes, mud flap is out, so everyone happy hunting and hopefuly you can complete your set of "the twins".
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Concerning combining Jetfire and Optimus Prime, do you need the new Prime or can it be done with the first Movie Prime (Talking about Leader Class Prime of course)?
Destruction is my specialty
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I think the new one. the old one was too bulky and doesn't have the connection points for it the best I can make out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dammit, I don't want to have to buy a new Prime just to combine with Jetfire.

I'll just make it work.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

HeavyArms wrote:Dammit, I don't want to have to buy a new Prime just to combine with Jetfire.

I'll just make it work.
Now don't go by me just yet, because I havn't goten the new prime just looked him really good at walmart all I have the old prime and I kinda hate it. his feet don't transform right but oh well when I get the new prime I'll keep him in robot mode and the old one in truck mode.

An as for that last part ducktape will fix anything;)

EDIT: Clay might know the answer seeing as hes kinda a guru on this from what i've seen.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

And I don't really have the room for a redecoed Prime.

And it goes against my rule of not getting figures I already have regardless of new features or gimmicks.

And yes duct tape fixes all of life's problems.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

HeavyArms wrote:And I don't really have the room for a redecoed Prime.

And it goes against my rule of not getting figures I already have regardless of new features or gimmicks.

the prime/jetfire mode is just a gimmick anyway. kinda looks bad, and half-ass done. Your not missing out I've heard it's the same way in the film to but oh well Bay's done worse things like the brawl/devastator thing in the first one. I', just getting the new prime so I can have one that won't fall over ever 3 sceonds.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

HeavyArms wrote:And I don't really have the room for a redecoed Prime.

The new Prime is not a redecoed version of the old Prime. It's a completely new mold with a much more movie accurate robot mode, vehicle mode and transformation. HE's larger, better proportioned, more complex, and significantly more accurate over all.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Well, the first part of my post still stands, so unless the price of Leader Prime goes down, it's unlikely I'm going to get him.

Especially since there's still Jetfire and two sets of Constructicons I plan on getting and I don't know what else.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

HeavyArms wrote:Well, the first part of my post still stands, so unless the price of Leader Prime goes down, it's unlikely I'm going to get him.

Especially since there's still Jetfire and two sets of Constructicons I plan on getting and I don't know what else.
Actually, I was addressing the first part of your statement because it is *not* a re-deco in the first place, so, it is not a matter of making room for a "redeco". It's a completely different, and far superior mold. They're as different as night and day.
If I were you, I'd pack away the "07 Prime and replace it with the RotF Prime.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I know that was what you were talking about.

I was talking about the first part of the first statement about not having the storage for it in the first place.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

HeavyArms wrote:I know that was what you were talking about.

I was talking about the first part of the first statement about not having the storage for it in the first place.
Neither do I, but that doesn't stop me. :devil:
calabos1
Protoform

Post by calabos1 »

HeavyArms wrote:Concerning combining Jetfire and Optimus Prime, do you need the new Prime or can it be done with the first Movie Prime (Talking about Leader Class Prime of course)?
That was actually the point in remolding the new Optimus Prime. The old one just can't combine. You can try though? I mean so far there are several people who have taken Demolisher, Rampage, and Mixmaster and have "Retooled" them into combining into one another making a partial Devastator. Even though there not meant or designed to form devastator on the toy line.

Also has anyone seen the new waves yet? The ones that include mudflap, ravage, barricade, or the human alliances?
numbat

Post by numbat »

calabos1 wrote:Also has anyone seen the new waves yet? The ones that include mudflap, ravage, barricade, or the human alliances?
I picked up Human Aliance Bumblebee (absolutely excellent figure!) a week ago in Hamilton in Scotland. They have plenty of stock of him in Argos over here...

As to new waves, I have only just found the first wave (i.e. Sideswipe, Rampage, Sideways, Breakaway - with a few Bumblebees and Soundwaves still shelfwarming a lot of places, while Universe remain in ROTF displays elsewhere) in the last week in actual stores (Play.com have been selling them online for a while though). And just Voyager Prime, Starscream and Demolishor (not seen Ironhide - is he a hot seller?!?!). But Legends press on, with Sideswipe, Starscream and Ratchet turning up now - but where's Megatron?

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Rampage redeco?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

play.com had leader prime on preorder, but kept pushing the date further and further back. in the end i cancelled and store-bought (fenwicks).

and what ever happened to the drop in VAT? i only ever seem to get it at supermarkets any more.

as far as i know, only americaland is on to wave 2 so far.

so far ive only seen wave one legends (springer, bee, prime, jetfire), but i'll check again today.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Found one Ironhide hear. No sign of Starscream...
coreyshane84
Protoform

Post by coreyshane84 »

I just watched a review for the ROTF: Arcee figure and in it peaugh (the reviewer) mentions some concept art for the third of the motorcycles....anybody know where i can see this artwork?