[Animated] Reaction Thread "Endgame Part 1" Ep 41.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

[Animated] Reaction Thread "Endgame Part 1" Ep 41.

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Still wacthing the Ep, but we at least find out why O.P. was kicked out. Looks great so far. Loved the flash backs when the team first met up and how Shockwave and Lugnut were at each others throats.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Two words about Meg's plan... Holy ****.

A lot to like in this episode, and Prime looks an awful lot like Victory Saber now... pity we won't get that toy. Sentinel shows once again how much of a slimeball he is... and Optimus confronts his destiny at last.

Makes me all the more sad that we're down to only one more episode.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

TFVanguard wrote:Two words about Meg's plan... Holy ****.

A lot to like in this episode, and Prime looks an awful lot like Victory Saber now... pity we won't get that toy.
Wingblade Optimus Prime is still coming, alongside Blackout.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
nutype
Protoform

Post by nutype »

Really cool episode. They pull off the whole young hero thing with Optimus so well. I could always do with less of the humor in this show, but I have to say the writers do a pretty good job with new twists on old characters, really fleshing them out (so to speak). I wish the G1 Season 3 Rodimus Prime had been handled like Optimus has been in this series.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

So, with them canceling the series, I wonder how much of the other Decepticons we will see. Seems as if the series is leading up to the conclusion now.

I think the whole twist on a Magnus is cool, but when I think of G1 and this, it makes no sense at all for Ultra Magnus to be Prime's commander. I know the continuity has been changed and the storyline has to have a lot of changes for it to work, but with the other G1 ties, I just feel that the Ultra Magnus role is a bit off.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Despite the lack of much action, I really, really like this episode; in fact, because it had little action. He got to see how Prime's team came together, the Femscream is still alive, and that this Megatron is frickin' awesome!

The Shockwave/Lugnut rivalry was hilarious, and Prime's jet pack was sweet (anyone else catch the homage to Jetfire?).

But at the same time, it was kind of bitter sweet. I mean, one episode left. :(
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm thinking that the jetpack wasn't a direct homage to any of the previous combiners with Prime. I have two words for you on that one.

Apex. Armor.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

I still have yet to see an official announcement regarding cancellation from any party. According to Wyatt an announcement will be made at Botcon.

I cannot wait to see this episode.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

secretcode wrote:I'm thinking that the jetpack wasn't a direct homage to any of the previous combiners with Prime. I have two words for you on that one.

Apex. Armor.
I find it looks a tad like Cybertron Prime.

Overall I really liked this episode, very fun.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Transformer Kamen

secretcode wrote:I'm thinking that the jetpack wasn't a direct homage to any of the previous combiners with Prime. I have two words for you on that one.

Apex. Armor.
You're right about the Apex, but I was referring to the jet-pack's appearance before the wings are attached, which, to me, look a lot like Classics Jetfire's pack.

I do hope that the armor in this ep. references the (probably canceled) Jetpack Prime listed in Wal-Mart computers. If it's released, I may actually pick it up, even if it's only a slight remold.
Gouki wrote: I still have yet to see an official announcement regarding cancellation from any party. According to Wyatt an announcement will be made at Botcon.
That is true (nor have we had further announcements about the fate of any upcoming Animated toys), but much evidence points toward it's demise with Endgame Pt 2. Besides, if I assume it's canceled, I can't be disappointed. ;)
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Transformer Kamen wrote:You're right about the Apex, but I was referring to the jet-pack's appearance before the wings are attached, which, to me, look a lot like Classics Jetfire's pack.
Yep it did. Very much so.
electro girl wrote:I find it looks a tad like Cybertron Prime.

Overall I really liked this episode, very fun.
Once the stabilisers were attached it did look like Cybertron Prime. A nice little nod.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Another fantastic episode and, like Kamen said, it felt bittersweet knowing the next is probably the last. Megs plan is impressive, the fact that one Omega was enough to win the war for the Bots says 3 giant Lugnuts will be enough to conquer the universe.

I see this going one of two ways next episode. Either Megs will conquer the Earth then head to Cybertron to conquer that and the episode will end with Megatron as Supreme Commander. This could nicely lead into the show becoming something else, the way that Armada became Energon, and could have the 'Bots as underground rebels. Or Prime will wield the Magnus hammer so well that he'll destroy the Giant Lugnuts and become the next Magnus. Actually I can see Prime as the next Magnus anyway. Anyone care to speculate?

I hope that we get an announcement at Botcon that Animated will either be continued or become another show. When's Botcon anyway?
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

A solid episode in my book. But I do have a question about the next part: Leaked character designs, and pics in the TFCC magazines, tell us that Dai Atlas, Reflector, and Goldbug are in the series. Does that mean they'll all appear in part 2?
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

I enjoyed this one,particularly the Lugnut/Shockwave rivalry.I didn't recognise the Jetfire/Cybertron Prime homage however.I saw only the Iron Man film in it,so I was a bit blindsided by that.

As for the Lugnut Supremes,that is pretty damn scary with the possibility.I have a feeling Detroit will need quite a bit of rebuilding once the RBFATE is done.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Good Episode.

Seeing the Lugnut/Shockwave rivalry reaffirmed my belife that the Lugnut figure should have been Leader class.

Primes Jetpack was neat, reminded me of the Ironman as well...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Transformer Kamen wrote:You're right about the Apex, but I was referring to the jet-pack's appearance before the wings are attached, which, to me, look a lot like Classics Jetfire's pack.
Definitely looked like Jetfire's jetpack to me.

Overall, i liked this episode, and i liked Megs plan, which was surprising. Even when he kept saying "Bigger...", i didn't realize what he meant until he said it after SS pointed at Lugnut.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

It was a good episode, but a little... underwhelming at the same time. Maybe it was the lack of Blitzwing? Maybe it was Prime's flashbacks? Or maybe it was just a bit slow and predictable? I mean, This is Why I Hate Machines was relatively fast paced compared to this. Still, it had it's nice moments, such as the whole Lugnut/Shockwave rivalry, which turned out to be a part of Megatron's plan all along.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Definitely looked like Jetfire's jetpack to me.

Overall, i liked this episode, and i liked Megs plan, which was surprising. Even when he kept saying "Bigger...", i didn't realize what he meant until he said it after SS pointed at Lugnut.
Years later in another timeline than how Endgame will likely end:

Shockwave: "Megatron, your eye is twitching again."

Megatron: "I— It's just that, while I appreciate ruling Cybertron with an iron fist, I sometimes wish I had chosen a different personality imprint for what turns out to be my most annoyingly loyal Decepticons...."

Outside in four-part unison: "All hail our glorious leader, Megatron! We're not worthy!!!"
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Transformer Kamen

Detective Barricade wrote:the whole Lugnut/Shockwave rivalry, which turned out to be a part of Megatron's plan all along.
Honestly, that was the one quibble I had. This incarnation of Megs is clever for sure, but engineering an internal dispute to insure that Lugnut will be in position to stop Starscream from getting the codes while he, Lugnut, receives them himself borders on precognitive. I mean, wouldn't it have been easier to scrap Starscream at the beginning and just order Lugnut to do the job?