Go on then, sell the Legends class to me.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
electro girl

Go on then, sell the Legends class to me.

Post by electro girl »

For some reason I've always been a tad apprehensive of LOC figures, I'm not sure if its the size or the packaging but for some reason they just dont jump out at me as 'I've gotta buy these' figures. I have a reasonably sized collection of Micromasters and I enjoy those they even have their own drawer so you'd think that LOCs would appeal to me as I assume they're probably a lot better than Micromasters.

So go on convince me why I should get one, or more for that matter because I feel like I'm missing out.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Avoid the movie ones like the plague. The Cybertron/Classics/TFU ones are much better imo.

Legends figures are slightly larger and more articulate than micromasters/minicons. They make good desk toys or something to shove in your pocket/backpack if you're planning on going somewhere.

I'd recommend picking up maybe the Cybertron Starscream or Jetfire molds to have a look. Those two are my favorites.
Hasbro

Post by Hasbro »

BECAUSE THE MATERIALS:MSRP RATIO MAKES THE LEGENDS CLASS OUR MOST PROFITABLE LINE. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ONE CALLED RID SCOURGE. BUY THEM ALL. NOW!
COLLECT THEM ALL! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I agree, electro girl - I've never bought a Legends-class figure. I own a bunch of Micromasters from when I was a kid, and they are cute, but it's not as if I bought any of them for myself. I've just never thought to myself, "Yes, I'd rather spend $10 and have two little Legends-class midgets instead of Deluxe Lockdown." It just doesn't seem like money well spent.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

From the ones I've had (which are limited to a few Movie and Cybertron ones... I'd be tempted by some of the Universe ones if it wasn't for the price tag), the problem is they tend to try to do too much - scaling down larger figures and ending up looking crap. IMO, smaller figures work better when they're simpler, and things like the Micromasters work well because they aren't meant to look like anyone else. Plus the Movie ones are as sloppy as hell - Bonecrusher's uncoloured wheels, Jazz' inexplicable grille-on-the-roof, Bumblebee's massive join lines, etc.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I can say for sure that the newest Legends figures in the Universe line are great. Simple, they don't try to pack too much in, and they are far superior to the Movie line Legends. The latest ones that have really made me like that size class are Warpath, Cosmos, Wheelie, Brawn, Beachcomber, and Jazz (all Universe line). IMO they're really worth the money.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Don't collect them, don't buy them, don't enjoy them like I do :)

No, I really don't buy that many Tfs anymore, but I have purchased a few of the classics this year like Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Starscream, Hound, Ratchet and the minis like Brawn, Hot Rod, and Megatron.

I'm not all too impressed with all of the toys, like I love Jetfire, but I really do not like his repaint, and some of the other toys like Blaster are just meh imo.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Hasbro wrote:BECAUSE THE MATERIALS:MSRP RATIO MAKES THE LEGENDS CLASS OUR MOST PROFITABLE LINE. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ONE CALLED RID SCOURGE. BUY THEM ALL. NOW!
Very clever guise. I just about spit out the Sam Adams when I read your sig. Lol.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I've never gotten any of the Legends either. If I see 'em, I may go after Brawn and... Wheelie.:eek:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Probably best to stay away from Bayformers's legends, barring Brawl. The Cybertron ones were better. Universe's Legends Jazz has a lot better articualtion then i thought, and Megs (G2 based) is also pretty good.

Though, it really depends on what you get them for. If it's two legends or a deluxe, go for the deluxe. I generally go by a 7-27 ratio, as in it better be 7 for a LOC and 27 for a deluxe, or the equivalent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]