What is your job title?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

What is your job title?

Post by Ackula »

Simple concept in the hopes of getting to know everyone a little better, and hopefully have an argument free thread. Just state your job title, and if you want to tell a little bit about what your job role entails and what your functions are within the job, go for it. Lets not discuss salaries though, as its not only rude, but also problematic in the long run. Please also refrain from any fictional job titles or attempts at being clever ;)

I'll start out with my job title. I'm a Senior Claims Analyst for Cigna International. What this means in a nutshell is that I process medical, dental, and vision claims for high profile executives who work over seas as expatriates. These claims can literally come from any country in the world and be in any language. We also handle a small amount of domestic claims that occur here in the US as a result of expatriate member's having family left behind in the states. I personally specialize in the domestic side of the business because I have a long background with Cigna's domestic side prior to signing on with the International division.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm a pastor of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. I serve a dual parish (2 congregations): Zion Lutheran Church of Hurley, South Dakota, and First English Lutheran Church of Centerville, South Dakota. Centerville (where we live) is a town of 910 people, and Hurley has 425. Quite rural.
For anyone interested, First English has a website: http://www.FirstEnglishCenterville.org
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Have you ever worked anything from Transformers into a sermon? Like any themes from any of the fiction or anything? I know its probably unlikely, but I had to ask ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Notabot is a pastor? Wow.

Me... I'm a student. Um. :p
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Officially, my title is 'Finance Team Leader'. I run four self-contained Cashier units out of three Jobcentre Plus sites, having responsibility for five staff, although I might be getting a sixth soon. My main job involves moving between the three every day to ensure it all flows smoothly and doing endless, repetitive, but essential security-based checks!

Additional jobs landing in my lap include Crisis Loans Local Decision Maker, Jobseekers' Allowance Hardship Decision Maker and expert support/tuition for several computer software systems (heh, even if no one can ever be an expert for RM). I represent my home office at the District People Group and my District at the Regional People Group - think implementation of otherwise distant HR policy decisions. I also have the glorified title 'Premises Manger' for one of the offices, which means I get to sort out furniture/staff moves, storage and broken loos...

My badge has only my name on it, no job title, for a very good reason!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Language Arts Teacher, Soccer Coach, Reverend, Private Tutor, Fitness Trainer, Big Papa.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ninth Level Canonicity Scientician.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Duty Manager (News). Seriously, officially it has brackets in it - why not News Duty Manager or Duty News Manager? It largely involves making sure any good stuff mounted on the covers of magazines doesn't get to the public, plus a lot of smoking and paperwork. I don't think I've put any stock out since... 2006?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Duty Manager (News). Seriously, officially it has brackets in it
Maybe you're meant to expand it in an attempt to solve?

Cliffjumper = NewsDuty NewsManager

Cliffjumper/News = Duty Manager

News = Cliffjumper/Duty Manager
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Crew/ maintenance when ever the real maintenance isn't around.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I am a glorified Librarian over at Books A Million. I keep track of books, sell books, and recommend books. I guess if my job was similar to anything at times, a Jedi Librarian or a Space Marine Librarian? People say they can imagine me in flowing robes and with a lightsaber directing people to where they need to go. And i also have to deal with people and their want to bring in their pets, if someone brings in a chicken, I swear, I will ask if that is a seeing eye chicken...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Duty Manager (News). Seriously, officially it has brackets in it - why not News Duty Manager or Duty News Manager? It largely involves making sure any good stuff mounted on the covers of magazines doesn't get to the public, plus a lot of smoking and paperwork. I don't think I've put any stock out since... 2006?

Is the place you work actually big enough to need duty managers for each individual section of the shop? I'd got it into my head you worked in a former One Stop but even the honking big supermarket I work in doesn't have a manager for the magazing/paper section.

I'm a deeply dull sounding "General Assistant". They like to keep it nice and vague so you can be asked to do any job whatsoever without being able to complain.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Ackula wrote:Have you ever worked anything from Transformers into a sermon? Like any themes from any of the fiction or anything? I know its probably unlikely, but I had to ask ;)
:) Romans 12:2 :)
I actually have used Transformers as an illustration once or twice, but just a passing reference. A friend says that if I bring one into the pulpit for an object lesson, it'll just turn into me playing with toys for 15 minutes then trying to write off my entire collection on my taxes.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote::) Romans 12:2 :)
Which sounds a lot like a line Primal would have said in Beast Machines :lol:
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

No one seems to be able to decide whether it's Java Developer or CRM Developer. Probably the second is more accurate. Basically I develop and maintain the software system for a local government Customer Service Centre.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Teacher. Actually, sensei is my official title, but its the same thing in this case.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Server/Head Wait/Training Coordinator at Outback Steakhouse. And college student.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Packaging Technologist, involves managing componentry and artwork/designs for (predominantly) major aerosol products and (some) homecare products, sometimes I get to go to conferences regarding the exact information that should and shouldn't go on cardboard boxes depending on their contents.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Depending on which piece of paper you go by, I'm either a Data Analyst or a Data/Database Programmer. The actual job is a fair bit of both. I work for a public opinion research company and I suppose you could say I'm their main web survey programmer. We're a small enough company that I end up doing a lot of work programming phone surveys as well though (much to my chagrin, as the most well-laid plan falls apart immediately when you let the shaved gorillas we hire as interviewers near it) and sorting through the back-end data from those projects to put into a useful format for our research managers. Because of my experience as a programmer I also spend a lot of time programming small applications (mainly to automate the tedious tasks I sometimes have to do) and helping out our IT department (hilariously, I found out yesterday that the head of our IT department knows a lot about TFs and thinks highly of the Archive), mostly with programming tasks and testing software we're interested in using.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'm a cleaner at the school next to my 6th form but all my ID card says is
Sean Brattan, STAFF (yup in capitals)

My job basically involves cleaning 3 rooms in the school and isnt that interesting, I work for 2 hours 5 days a week, but during the easter and summer holidays I work for 5 hours 4 days a week and do f**k all. Its also a job you can do while hung over quite comfortably.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!