Whatcha currently listening to? Me, Fight Like Apes.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Whatcha currently listening to? Me, Fight Like Apes.

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I know, maybe two other people actually care, it's just a chance to spam links of bands you like...

http://www.myspace.com/fightlikeapesmusic

Jake Summers is rather fun. And the whole album is similarly a world of melodic noise.
der2

Post by der2 »

Damn you Denyer, was gonna say Fight Like Apes too, just played a few of their vids on youtube before I saw this. My claim to fame there is I partied them when they was small after a local gig and we all crashed in the same house after a party. Their music is alot of fun and some of the best Irelands producing at the moment. Lend me Your Face is the Winner for me, but Jake Summers is tops too.

Other than that is it too late to be listening to Smashing Pumpkins now? OOh and alot of NIN and some Flight of the Conchords.

No links on me, but thats what youtube is for.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Only reservation so far is that the album version of Jake Summers has extra overdubbed vocals compared to the MP3 I refound long after Warren Ellis posted it... but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Wonderful line in speedball lyric fragments too.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Helloween's cd, Pink Bubbles Go Ape. funny stuff, funnier still, the song, Heavy Metal Hamsters!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I heard Airborne Toxic Event on Radio 1 the other night and thought they were pretty cool.

If you click the link you get tolisten to the track and see the video. It's quite a stadard tune really, but it's got that slight extra something, like when you try a new flavour crisp that doesn't seem that great, but then you give it a moment or two and suddenly it's really nice.:)

Er, listening again it just sounds like a generic U2 track.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
der2

Post by der2 »

I can't say I was was aware of the different vocals, got links? or I could always go on a troll.

Warren Ellis, the writer? Thats pretty cool if it is.

I'll check it out Springer, it can be found on the youtubes?
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Funky Punk Electro-clash? Not really sure how to classify these guys, but I'm jamming to some Ghostland Observatory lately.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=3782258

Also, At Newport Live, a jazz concert of Mr. Gillespie and his big band back from 1957.
~
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

der2 wrote:I can't say I was was aware of the different vocals, got links? or I could always go on a troll.

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=6733

Seems to be still up...

http://www.warrenellis.com/pirates/Figh ... ummers.mp3

Presumably from the first EP. It's a completely different recording I think, not just a different mix.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

der2 wrote:I can't say I was was aware of the different vocals, got links? or I could always go on a troll.

I'll check it out Springer, it can be found on the youtubes?
there is so much on youtube, its just difficult for me to find a good amv, music video, or concert. most of them are where people are trying to show off a hamster, and it just ruins it for me.

-Space Marines
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I want to be listening to the new Franz Ferdinand CD, but I have to either risk getting an edited version at Walmart, ordering online, or going to another town to get it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Auntie Slag wrote:I heard Airborne Toxic Event on Radio 1 the other night and thought they were pretty cool.
Yeah, they seem quite good.

Need to pick up the White Lies LP at some point.

Other than that, I'm caning the new-ish Gimme Gimmes album, the last Bloc Party offering and Ladyhawke's album. Along with skipping back and forth over about half of the Offspring's greatest hits compilation (when they were good they were very very good, but when they were pop please kill me).
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

Noisia (deep and dark + fun) ****a Drum'n'Bass group from NZ****

16bit "In the death car" ****East coast hip-hop meets raw electronica.****

drum and bass anime - searched on youtube will yield
Noisia
sync'd
with
One Piece
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

A new guy just joined our lab and he got me back into listening to some things I haven't listened to in a while. Right now:

White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000
Taproot - Gift
Stabbing Westward - Wither, Blister, Burn, and Peel
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Rammstein's video and song, Mutter. Pure awesomeness!

-Space Marines
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Those Poor Bastards. This is a fan made video so its not all that great, but it is one of the few videos on youtube that has a studio recording of them versus a live one.
W-olf4
Protoform

Post by W-olf4 »

The Saw theme ...now ask me what Im watching lol.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

John Lee Hooker, B.B. King and Chuck Berry at the moment, with a little bit of John Coltrane to taste.

Yeah, that's right, Blues and Jazz, what of it :p
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Rozz Williams. Never gets old, I only wish he was still alive to create more art like this spoken word piece, which I doubt anyone here will understand or like.

This song has been getting played heavily as well, more Rozz Williams artsy greatness.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I rather enjoy that. (If for no other reason, to prove you wrong. ;)) It really reminds me of Chris Connelly's album "Whiplash Boychild". Great album that I hated when I first bought it from a bargain bin. I was mad because it didn't sound like Ministry, so it got buried in a box for a loooong time. I gave it one last listen before I sold it, and found out it's a fantastic album that's much better than Ministry. Go fig!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Reminds me of Death In June.