KFC

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Vin Ghostal

KFC

Post by Vin Ghostal »

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

I haven't eaten at KFC since I explored this website, and I never will again. Please, check out this site, and please do not patronize this company. I know all companies that serve meat have to do away with the animals in some fashion, but not like this.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Given the source behind the website, I'm not inclined to believe a word they say. Have you not seen the recent thread revolving around their stupidity? It's just like how I'm not going to pay any heed to contraceptive advice from the Catholic church, only this source is far, far more biased and crazy in their viewpoints.

All that said, if people saw any of the meat they eat processed, there'd probably be more vegetarians in the world.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I stopped eating KFC when there was a chicken brain in the popcorn chicken.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I've stopped eating at KFC a long time ago, ever since it's the place they send ex-inmates (Child Predators and DUI people mainly) to work after jailtime, as well as it is being the place where Probation officers and the people on probation meet during the week.

Also, the food is nasty as ****. (Ironically, KFCs are generally worse here in Kentucky.)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I can still remember holding the chicken down for my Great Grandmother while she chopped its head off with a hatchet, and then laughing at how the thing would run around the yard headless. This sort of thing doesn't really bother me. I grew up in an atmosphere where much of dinner was walking around outside a few hours before we ate it. I helped my Grandfather kill plenty of our pork meals, its really not as shocking when you've seen it so commonly.

As far as the poor chickens all crammed into their tiny little cages and so forth and so on, I have a good friend back home in NC that owns and operates a chicken house where they are crammed into those pins and wallow in their own shit all day. It sucks to have to go in there and gather the eggs and so forth. So again, this doesn't really deter me from wanting chicken. However I do not eat at KFC, simply because I don't like the way it tastes. ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Similar goes for almost everything people eat that includes eggs or processed meat -- most firms don't exactly have an incentive to use free range produce.
Sir Auros wrote:if people saw any of the meat they eat processed,
Mmm. Personally, I feel we all should.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

secretcode wrote:I've stopped eating at KFC a long time ago, ever since it's the place they send ex-inmates (Child Predators and DUI people mainly) to work after jailtime, as well as it is being the place where Probation officers and the people on probation meet during the week.
:smack::wall::nonono:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

What? I'm not trying to generalize the group or anything, but the workers aren't even monitored at all, and every time I went there, there was always something they did to the food.

The probation and stuff isn't that big of a deal in comparison to me, because they have to meet SOMEWHERE, and they don't have direct access to the food.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

secretcode wrote:What? I'm not trying to generalize the group or anything, but the workers aren't even monitored at all, and every time I went there, there was always something they did to the food.
and yet you went back time and again to witness this over and over....

sick puppy
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

No. Only times I've been there was if my mom or someone else wanted to go.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

secretcode wrote:No. Only times I've been there was if my mom or someone else wanted to go.
and you didn't draw their attention to your observations?

sick puppy
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

There's no point in me arguing is there?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

No, no there isn't.
Civ

Post by Civ »

secretcode wrote:There's no point in me arguing is there?
Ack's right. Just have to take it and move on. Look on the bright side though, in a few years if this keeps up, you'll get to digress graduate to my level.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Oh HELL no. I want to keep my pron stash.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I get a two piece meal for lunch every Tuesday. (Toonie Tuesdays in Canada). That isn't going to change any time soon.

Pretty much every major fast food company must undergo some pretty cruel practices in order to produce the volume of meat that they sell worldwide.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Blitzwing wrote:Pretty much every major fast food company must undergo some pretty cruel practices in order to produce the volume of meat that they sell worldwide.
Wait, the stuff fast food restaurants serve is actually meat!? I was unaware that science was able to classify that gruel.

EDIT: Just realized I hadn't posted my opinion about KFC. Personally, I don't eat at any fast food burger or chicken joint if I can help it. After working at Burger King and being thoroughly grossed out with the amount of grease and lack of quality, no way was I gonna put that in me ever again. Pre-Burger King job, I only had KFC once or twice and it wasn't enjoyable but then again, I'm not a fan of fried chicken.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Hmm, yes, sad but that's the way worldwide franchises have to operate to meet the demand. Needless to say, I've only eaten at KFC possibly 5 times in my life. Living in the American South, we have at least one Mom&Pop Chicken restaurant in every town, so the need for KFC is non-existent except for large towns and cities. For example, my hometown has 3 and they're all pretty awesome.
~
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

The KFC where I live is decent compared to the other ones I have been to. I love the mashed potatoes and popcorn chicken. As for the future, I'm still gonna eat there, no matter what.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Their was this guy I went to school with that use to sell pot out-of-the Drive-Thru window at the KFC in my town...until he tried to sell to a judge he mistaked for one of his normal customers.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.