New Costco exclusive Universe two-pack: Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime and Crumplezone in new packaging - OUT now

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

New Costco exclusive Universe two-pack: Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime and Crumplezone in new packaging - OUT now

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Cool, but I don't get the point of a straight re-pack. Well, I do, it's called $$$$$ :nonono:
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Could be overstock. They're also molds that were fairly popular but not constantly repainted/rereleased already, etc... It's an easy enough set to pass up if you want to (being part of the UT and not specifically classics), but nice enough if you missed out, want a new 'Prime', or what have you.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

At least now rhere is something to do for that movie wingsabre repaint.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Actually, this Prime isn't new Electro. It was a late Cybertron repaint. Never did see it in stores though. Like Vanguard said, odds are it's just overstock just like most other Universe Repacks.

EDIT: Funny thing is, I know people that still want this mold, in Ultra Magnus colors. You mean the ONE time we don't get a Magnus repaint, people want it?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I did see some of the Galaxy Force Primes, but my little brother already had a Prime from that series. I don't think I will get them if they come out in the States.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

secretcode wrote:Actually, this Prime isn't new Electro. It was a late Cybertron repaint. Never did see it in stores though. Like Vanguard said, odds are it's just overstock just like most other Universe Repacks.

EDIT: Funny thing is, I know people that still want this mold, in Ultra Magnus colors. You mean the ONE time we don't get a Magnus repaint, people want it?
I think you missed my point secretcode, I think I wordeed it wrong, oh well.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

TFVanguard wrote:Could be overstock.
Overstock from where?
- Stores? Shipping back and forth must be damn expensive. Also, how many units remained unsold so this would actually be commercially viable?
- The factory? Again, how many extra units did they produce?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Neato. Too bad I already have Dark Crumplezone...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Nevermore wrote:Overstock from where?
- Stores? Shipping back and forth must be damn expensive. Also, how many units remained unsold so this would actually be commercially viable?
Assuming over or back stock and not a limited new run...

Some chains CAN and do return stock to companies that doesn't sell, with the cost being deferred to Hasbro over it. If that's the case, then it's possible that they got enough (say, a few thousand units) to warrant a limited store 'repak' exclusive.

It could also be an over-production issue, where they simply didn't ship the last parts due to orders or something. (Such as a wave falling out of circulation even though some are still in the warehouse.)

Either way, it's still cheaper to repackage and move the 'dead plastic' in some other way than to just sit on it, or even dissasemble and melt it down for new plastic.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Neato. Too bad I already have Dark Crumplezone...
Isn't that a different mold though?
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

secretcode wrote:Isn't that a different mold though?
I think it was a retool of the original mold.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I don't need that Optimus Prime, but I could use Crumplezone. If they had repackaged Crumplezone with Ransack, then I'd get it. As is, PASS.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I think it was a retool of the original mold.
It's one of the most drastically every-part-is-different-from-the-original-even-though-the-basic-structure-is-still-the-same "retools" right there with K-9. To a degree where you really can't say anymore whether it's really a retool or a brand new mold based on the original one.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Nevermore wrote:It's one of the most drastically every-part-is-different-from-the-original-even-though-the-basic-structure-is-still-the-same "retools" right there with K-9. To a degree where you really can't say anymore whether it's really a retool or a brand new mold based on the original one.
Didn't all they do was add cannons and add extra "fins" to the front?:confused: And wouldn't Classics Ramjet fit into the same category as well?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Detective Barricade wrote:Didn't all they do was add cannons and add extra "fins" to the front?:confused: And wouldn't Classics Ramjet fit into the same category as well?
No, it's quite drastically different. I'll make a note to write a review of it... I thought I already did, but I guess not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Overstock from where?
Assuming over or back stock and not a limited new run...
Some chains CAN and do return stock to companies that doesn't sell, with the cost being deferred to Hasbro over it. If that's the case, then it's possible that they got enough (say, a few thousand units) to warrant a limited store 'repak' exclusive.
I would say Vanguard is right on this. When Hasbro starts a new line, most stores here will either put the remainder of the preceding line on clearance shortly thereafter or the stock will disappear entirely overnight. I assume it's Hasbro itself that recalls the old product to make shelf space for the new line.

I'd imagine it has a lot to do with individual store managers instead of chain-wide policy. The Walmart here in Murray doesn't usually put TF stuff on clearance, but the Walmarts in Benton and Mayfield (each still local for me) are very quick to mark the prices down. The Murray store seemed to ship Movie Voyagers back to Hasbro; they had many Offroad Ironhides and Ratchets, and the standard two-dozen Starscreams, and all that stock disappeared immediately once the store put out Animated Voyagers.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

My local Wal-Mart did quite the opposite. Not only did the movie toys remain but they INCREASED THE F***ING PRICE.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Detective Barricade wrote:Didn't all they do was add cannons and add extra "fins" to the front?
HE'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE FINS????!!
I really liked my Dark Crumplezone figure for so long. I saw nothing wrong with him. But now, knowing that I probably threw away parts, he'll look incomplete to me forever. I was better off not knowing. I will go be sad now.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Notabot wrote:HE'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE FINS????!!
I really liked my Dark Crumplezone figure for so long. I saw nothing wrong with him. But now, knowing that I probably threw away parts, he'll look incomplete to me forever. I was better off not knowing. I will go be sad now.
The fins were included in a small baggy stuck under the cardboard tray.

I remember a lot of people not realizing this and throwing the packaging away.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

secretcode wrote:EDIT: Funny thing is, I know people that still want this mold, in Ultra Magnus colors. You mean the ONE time we don't get a Magnus repaint, people want it?
They want the white. So that's it's easier to bash into Victory Saber/Star Saber. Seriously, read the corresponding thread in teh kitbashing forum.
Nevermore wrote:The fins were included in a small baggy stuck under the cardboard tray.

I remember a lot of people not realizing this and throwing the packaging away.
Wow!, i always thought it was a repaint. Don't have either, so no need for me to worry. Maybe in, like, 20 or so years, they'll be worth a fortune with the fins. :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]